RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/10/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I know is Evina better get the transfer waiver like Jess Shepard did..or I'll personally pay a visit to the NCAA myself and chew some ass. Got damn hypocrites smh Evil or Very Mad

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 05/10/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well after Coombs announced her departure things weren't looking great, but maybe she saw the writing on the wall.

I will gladly take Westbrook, the grad transfer, the two frosh, and whatever Camara can contribute as long as it keeps Irwin and Bent buried on the bench where they belong. A few weeks ago they were they were shaping up to be the bench Shocked

acsuc99

PostPosted: 05/10/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me this off season was going to tell me if Geno still had the ole fire in the belly. Was he hungry enough to go against his in grained ways? After missing most of the class of 2019 he had to if he wanted to field a competitive top team next year.

Well, the question has been answered! He is a changing his ways! He has upgraded the roster in the spring and taken some risks to do so!

I am happy! A CD-CW-MW-ONO-EW starting lineup can compete with anyone. The bench has been improved with the Murray State transfer and the Polish guard and now Aubrey can be brought off the bench as a frosh. And most importantly Kyla and Good Golly Miss Molly can stay on the bench.

And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/11/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.

Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink

PostPosted: 05/11/19 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink

She announced on social media she's transferring to Connecticut yesterday. It's a news story on ESPN, too.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

I guess I was a bit too cryptic for you. 1000 pardons. Smile

PostPosted: 05/10/19 8:39 pm ::: Reply Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

YES!

Now if we can forge MM's name on the waiver app....

PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
All I know is Evina better get the transfer waiver like Jess Shepard did..or I'll personally pay a visit to the NCAA myself and chew some ass. Got damn hypocrites smh Evil or Very Mad

I think with the coaching change, Evina will get a waiver, but it is anything but a slam dunk. A major reason that Jessica Shepard received a waiver is because Nebraska gave her its blessing. If Tennessee is feeling vindictive, then Evina may not get her waiver. And Tennessee and UConn don't have the warmest history.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

Might wanna go wash that egg off your face......

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I think with the coaching change, Evina will get a waiver, but it is anything but a slam dunk. A major reason that Jessica Shepard received a waiver is because Nebraska gave her its blessing. If Tennessee is feeling vindictive, then Evina may not get her waiver. And Tennessee and UConn don't have the warmest history.

AND, it's cool that it's Harper! Does she want to "move forward", or does she want to party like it's 1999?

PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As always, Westbrook's eligibility depends on how much money she has ...

I'm guessing that she lawyers up, and can play from day one.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

I'll wash some 'egg' as soon as I hear a UConn fan say she oughtta get the waiver not matter WHERE she went. Wink

PostPosted: 05/11/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
To me this off season was going to tell me if Geno still had the ole fire in the belly. Was he hungry enough to go against his in grained ways? After missing most of the class of 2019 he had to if he wanted to field a competitive top team next year.

Well, the question has been answered! He is a changing his ways! He has upgraded the roster in the spring and taken some risks to do so!

I am happy! A CD-CW-MW-ONO-EW starting lineup can compete with anyone. The bench has been improved with the Murray State transfer and the Polish guard and now Aubrey can be brought off the bench as a frosh. And most importantly Kyla and Good Golly Miss Molly can stay on the bench.

1. Enjoy her. She's very good, but she has an attitude and discipline problem. Hopefully Geno can improve those things.
2. Quit whining. Go out and buy her a good lawyer who can get her that waiver.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:

Why? UCLA has had 3 transfers in the past 3 years and none of them have received waivers. I can't think of a single transfer into my school who received a waiver. Why should it be presumed that EW should get one? Or should I go ahead and assume that there is a vendetta against my school?

Last edited by patsweetpat on 05/11/19 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/11/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

I'll wash some 'egg' as soon as I hear a UConn fan say she oughtta get the waiver not matter WHERE she went. Wink

duck egg hard to remove.
Laughing

PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

I'll wash some 'egg' as soon as I hear a UConn fan say she oughtta get the waiver no matter WHERE she went. Wink

duck egg hard to remove. Laughing

....but the most DELICIOUS!! Wink

Last edited by Howee on 05/11/19 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
acsuc99

PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't post there so I ask it here. Can someone tell me why some of the seasoned citizens on the Boner are OBSESSING over adding a post player for next year? ANNA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVELYN COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVINA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player."

?????????

FACTS:

1. There are very few great post players in wimin's basketball. Baylor and ND were rarities having 2 in the starting lineup last year.

2. Most of the elite post players are off to the WNBA this year. Kalani, Shepard, Turner, and McGowan. Most of the other top teams for 2020 strength is with their guards (Oregon), not big physical elite posts.

3. UConn played last year with a severely undersized frontcourt of Collier and Walker and still were in a position to make it to the title game.

4. The increased playing time for ONO will make UConn bigger than last year. Not to mention the additions of Evelyn, Aubrey, and some big guards like Anna and Evina.

Why are they so hung up on this one thing? Battered wife syndrome? Seems we have enough size?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evina "the Elevator" Westbrook. With a few words and actions, she has elevated both the Tennessee coaching staff and the UConn roster.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

Why? UCLA has had 3 transfers in the past 3 years and none of them have received waivers. I can't think of a single transfer into my school who received a waiver. Why should it be presumed that EW should get one? Or should I go ahead and assume that there is a vendetta against my school?

Little, if anything, to do with Tenn, I'd say, and more to do with Jessica Shepherd and Notre Dame. Just a guess.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

Were any of those transfer going to play a big role where it was worth applying for the waiver? Were they gonna get PT over the Jordin Canada class that led them to the Elite 8?

Maybe Cori was too busy working on her dance moves to apply?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
I can't post there so I ask it here. Can someone tell me why some of the seasoned citizens on the Boner are OBSESSING over adding a post player for next year? ANNA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVELYN COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVINA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player."

?????????

FACTS:

1. There are very few great post players in wimin's basketball. Baylor and ND were rarities having 2 in the starting lineup last year.

2. Most of the elite post players are off to the WNBA this year. Kalani, Shepard, Turner, and McGowan. Most of the other top teams for 2020 strength is with their guards (Oregon), not big physical elite posts.

3. UConn played last year with a severely undersized frontcourt of Collier and Walker and still were in a position to make it to the title game.

4. The increased playing time for ONO will make UConn bigger than last year. Not to mention the additions of Evelyn, Aubrey, and some big guards like Anna and Evina.

Why are they so hung up on this one thing? Battered wife syndrome? Seems we have enough size?

What?!? YOU'RE happy now?? Because it looks like the Return to 2005 has been avoided w/ these additions?

How many non-DT NCs does Geno have w/o a serious post presence/rebounding?

In the immortal words of the great Brenton Wood- Just gimme some kind of size, girl.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Difference is I think Shepard wanted to play for Connie Yori, so her firing was negative.

Evina Westbrook was as close as you could get for a player to publicly ask for their coach to be fired. She got what she wanted, so now its a hardship and she should be immediately eligible at UConn? Nope.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

?????????

FACTS:

What?!? YOU'RE happy now?? Because it looks like the Return to 2005 has been avoided w/ these additions?

How many non-DT NCs does Geno have w/o a serious post presence/rebounding?

In the immortal words of the great Brenton Wood- Just
gimme some kind of size, girl.

1. Yes, anything that can prevent a return to 2005 makes me happy. I even went back and watched the game at BC in 2005 (51-48 loss where Annie Struthers drove for a 2 instead of even attempting a 3 and oh yeah BC was without their best player and the conference regular season was a stake) just to try and prepare myself. It was even worse that I remembered. NEVER AGAIN!

2. None. But the 2 DT ones count. And do you not consider ONO a serious post presence in year 2?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what position EW plays next year and the year after.

linkster

PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Most positions at CT are fuzzy. You take Williams, Westbrook, Makurat & Bueckers and you got 4 roughly 6' guards, a couple of who can play pg and a couple who could likely play wing. Hard to tell the difference on a UConn team.

Then, when Fudd gets to Storrs, Geno can play a 4 guard offense. He'll never see a guard group together like the one he'll have in 2021/22 ...... unless it's 2022/23 Very Happy

Best guess for next year (assuming Westbrook plays) is Westbrook/Williams/Makurat all hybrid 2/3's capable of playing the 1.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/11/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

I think Evina will play at the 3. I really think we could be much better defensively this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: