RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Got G.o.T.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
sambista wrote:
damn, that first epi was better on the second viewing. and third.

in demeanor and smart-alecky remarks, sansa has become cersei. let's see if her heart has turned that cold as well.

now, something i'm not getting: what is that tool/weapon arya has asked gendry to fashion?

Agreed.

Ep 1 was an excellent game reset, imo, with clues for what we might expect to come.

My guess is Arys's weapon will be used to kill the Night King...or Daenerys...or Jon...or Jaime, or all of the above.

Very Happy

ok, wait. am i forgetting something? are you just being funny, or did i forget a reason arya might have for killing jon?

Nothing in their history.

Pure speculation. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/21/19 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's about to be ON!!!!!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 04/22/19 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just another reason i love GoT: how many other pre-/faux- medieval shows have characters wearing such bad-ass clothes?!!! i mean, when dany walked in to talk to sansa, and sansa stood up wearing that bad-ass leather getup, i was like dayum!

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last night's episode was all kinds of greatness!
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many around the fire will die next episode?

Tormund the comedian.

Go Arya! Her held expression was perfectly flat, imo. Underlying thought could range from "why didn't i do this years ago" to "what's the big deal?"

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

None of them. The show is going to confound everyone's expectation and give all the remaining characters a happy ending. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/22/19 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Tormund the comedian.

Go Arya! Her held expression was perfectly flat, imo. Underlying thought could range from "why didn't i do this years ago" to "what's the big deal?"

i know, right?!!! you notice my boys didn't comment on that in the postmortem.

it was a great epi. appropriately funny turns before the doom, rather like whistling in the dark.

best line of the night, though i probably wouldn't fight too hard against other candidates: "the things we do for love." (or something like that.) hahahahaha! jaime didn't have a comeback for that, huh?!

PostPosted: 04/22/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed. Bran, who has become quite the bore, imo, did have the best line.

Arya's was good, too, when she left the Hound and Beric: “I'm not spending my final hours with you two miserable old shits."

Laughing

PostPosted: 04/22/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
just another reason i love GoT: how many other pre-/faux- medieval shows have characters wearing such bad-ass clothes?!!! i mean, when dany walked in to talk to sansa, and sansa stood up wearing that bad-ass leather getup, i was like dayum!

https://twitter.com/tomandlorenzo/status/1120291619163525127

sambista

PostPosted: 04/22/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
sambista wrote:

https://twitter.com/tomandlorenzo/status/1120291619163525127

yeah, absolutely - drop dead gorgeous. we won't bother with such things as where they get all these cool threads, where all these amazing tailors are hiding and who's taking the time to get their hair all done up like that in the middle of the end of the world. i mean, even missandei's got a new 'do that must've taken HOURS to get just so.

PostPosted: 04/22/19 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good grief! One third of the final season is now over and all we've got are two episodes of reunions and table setting. Notwithstanding any cool S&M leathers, episode 2 was just an insipid series of old friends and enemies making nice, making up and making out, followed by a bunch of idle chatter while THE END OF THE WORLD is imminent. No action, no deaths, no plot twists, not even any plot advancement.

Now we have just four hours left to save the world, deal with Cersei and Euron, sort out all the conflicts and relationships, and seat someone on the Iron Throne. Unfortunately, the two leading candidates, Jon and Dany, are played by the two most wooden actors on all of TV . . . blech!

I want to know what in the name of the Lord of Light is the military plan to defeat the greatest threat to the world. There is virtually no discussion of it. All we know is that the only remaining adult virgin in Westeros, Ser Brienne, will be leading troops on "that hill over there", assisted by the cripple Jaime. Oh, and that Bran will be set out as bait for the Night King, because for some unexplained reason the Night King must personally kill Bran, the most unintelligible, incongruous and boring main character in the whole show. (What the heck is all the Three-Eyed-Raven baloney, anyway?)

Next week we apparently will have an hour of war, killings and dragon fire burnings -- probably including some of our faves -- but it will all be irrelevant. The only thing that will count is the oldest trope and cop-out in fantasy fiction: kill the head monster and they all will drop dead . . . that is, really dead. So, the entire eight years of the coming Armageddon will likely boil down to who can get the drop on the Night King. Well, it's pretty clear to me who's the best at that skill.

This series has gone way down hill the past two seasons, likely because none of it anymore is based on the writings of George R.R. Martin. No more interesting plot lines and character development, but just a mishmash of CGI, dopey subplots, ridiculous time sequencing, and idle chatter.

But I'll stay tuned in. It's better than the AAC.
sambista

PostPosted: 04/28/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cool

PostPosted: 04/28/19 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't watch the show, but the reactions in this house from the people who do watch it did not equate to something that has gone way down hill.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/28/19 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ep 3 things for me:

Arya: "Stick em with the pointy end".

Arya's great switch of the hands.

Theon's redemption.

Oh yeah, and the battle lasted only one ep, and now it's back to what Cersei the C has in store for the survivors. Smile

PostPosted: 04/29/19 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Ep 3 things for me:

Arya: "Stick em with the pointy end".

Arya's great switch of the hands.

Theon's redemption.

Oh yeah, and the battle lasted only one ep, and now it's back to what Cersei the C has in store for the survivors. Smile

loved that line from arya.

oh, man. way too much to comment. and i've gotta watch it a couple more times before i'm sure what i saw.

i'm at once glad and annoyed that the red woman came onto the scene. maybe the books would help, but i fail to see much meaning in a whole lot of what she did in the past. i just don't get what her role is/was/has been.

PostPosted: 04/29/19 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amazing episode!
pilight

PostPosted: 04/29/19 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the climactic battle will be the forces of science and rationality, led by Cersei and Qyburn, against the forces of superstition and magic, led by the three eyed raven and a couple of dragons. All of Westeros should hope the former wins, for it might finally lead to some progress in this society that's been stagnant for thousands of years.

PostPosted: 04/30/19 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone Wants To Know The Fate Of This ‘Game Of Thrones’ Character

me, too!

where's tormund?!

PostPosted: 04/30/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
So the climactic battle will be the forces of science and rationality, led by Cersei and Qyburn, against the forces of superstition and magic, led by the three eyed raven and a couple of dragons. All of Westeros should hope the former wins, for it might finally lead to some progress in this society that's been stagnant for thousands of years.

And yet science and rationality are led by the cuntiest of cunts, while the superstitious are led by the fairest of the fair.

Go team magic!

PostPosted: 04/30/19 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Random thoughts/posts/comments from the Twitter-verse and the Interwebs:

Finally, Lyanna Mormont got to fight someone her size.
https://twitter.com/jorgelg_7/status/1122695157504040960

RIP Ser Jorah Mormont / Lord of the Friendzone / President, VP, Secretary, & Treasurer of the Khaleeshi Fan Club
https://twitter.com/kayboatner/status/1122697601726464005

Arya took a DNA test and she's 100% that bitch.
https://twitter.com/Karnythia/status/1122694158450352128

ARYA STARK!!! THE FIRST OF HER NAME! SHE NEEDED NOT ONE DRAGON, NOT ONE DIREWOLF, JUST HER MF’N HANDS!
https://twitter.com/lynjaimeee/status/1122687376738877440

Theon returned (Reekturned?) to Winterfell for one reason and one reason only: to fight for the Starks. His moment of redemption for the terrible things he’s done over the years came in the form of charging at the Night King to protect Bran. It, uh, did not work.
https://uproxx.com/tv/who-died-game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell/2/

sambista

PostPosted: 04/30/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ARYA STARK!!! THE FIRST OF HER NAME! SHE NEEDED NOT ONE DRAGON, NOT ONE DIREWOLF, JUST HER MF’N HANDS!

this is what i was screaming at the tv - "arya stark! first of her name!!!"

question is, what honor could possibly be bestowed on her now, one befitting her achievement? knight of knights? knight of the realm? knight most high?

(clearly, i'm going for some kinda knighthood. that's what she wanted.)

then there's this:
Hello, Arya! ‘Game of Thrones’ Baby Names Are for Girls.

PostPosted: 04/30/19 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

this is what i was screaming at the tv - "arya stark! first of her name!!!"

question is, what honor could possibly be bestowed on her now, one befitting her achievement? knight of knights? knight of the realm? knight most high?

(clearly, i'm going for some kinda knighthood. that's what she wanted.

If any knight can knight another -- Jaime Lannister knighted Brienne of Tarth, can Brienne then knight Arya Stark?

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/30/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arya doesn't need to be knighted. She works best in the dark. The spotlight of a knighthood would negate the best parts of her being an assassin.
sambista

PostPosted: 05/01/19 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, then dany can knight her secretly and give her . . . something . . . as a memento.

PostPosted: 05/01/19 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can't you see something similar, but switch Cersei for the Night King, and after the stabbing, Arya screams: BITCH! and drops the dagger like a mic?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: