RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Okay. We ALL know....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/19 2:55 pm    ::: Okay. We ALL know.... Reply Reply with quote

....about Trump's continued personification of the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

But THIS is probably even more disturbing--and sad, too.

Quote:
“His mistakes are growing more and more bizarre,” Lee said. “If we match the pattern of his deterioration against pathology, what disease states look like, we can say he is not well.

“Continually we have been seeing that his erratic thoughts and behavior are more consistent with mental pathology than strategy. Now we are seeing a pattern of cognitive decline.”

Shortly after Trump took office, Lee edited a book called “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump,” a collection of essays by mental health professionals, which recently appeared in a second edition. “What we said then was that he was worse than he appeared in public and would grow more dangerous over time. That his mental pathology would spread into his administration and the population.” She referenced a phenomenon called “shared psychosis,” in which delusions spread from one family member to his or her relatives.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can't diagnose somebody without examination. You certainly can't do it based on edited video and audio.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
You can't diagnose somebody without examination. You certainly can't do it based on edited video and audio.

Yep. I can. You probably can, too.

You got sunburnt? I can tell, can't you? You suddenly can't talk or breath at the dinner table? I don't need a doctor's examination to provide the Heimlich Maneuver. And I'm not even a doctor.

I know, I know....there's a difference between First Aid triage and diagnosis of mental illness. But the headline tells that Psychiatrists ("Doctors") are alarmed by blatantly observable patterns. MANY KINDS OF DISEASES, ESPECIALLY ONES OF SYSTEMIC BRAIN DAMAGE, offer easily observable symptoms.

Again: if Grampa suddenly has a droopy right side of his face, and slurred speech, I'm not gonna wait for a doctor's diagnosis. I'll act. Though the 'problem' described in the article is not as lethal, and more easily hidden/overlooked, it's not any less serious.

The contributing psychiatrist's line:
Quote:
.... his mental pathology would spread into his administration and the population.” She referenced a phenomenon called “shared psychosis,” in which delusions spread from one family member to his or her relatives.

I doubt anyone near him would A: be able to 'see' the danger, or B: see the problem and DARE to mention it.

Soo.....I s'pose we could all just enjoy the barbecue and wait for Grampa to 'get over it'.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Psychiatrist: Trump Derangement Syndrome is real – and serious

Quote:
Like past versions (Bush Derangement Syndrome, for example), the TDS is notable for its intense subjective distress. Persons suffering from a TDS experience high levels of agitation and fear about their own safety and about future prospects for a good life. The sufferer may also fear more broadly for the survival of whole nations and even for life on our planet. In fact, it is not unusual for a patient with a Trump Derangement Syndrome to predict apocalyptic events in the near future. These expected disasters are attributed to the predicted actions of Donald Trump in his role as president of the United States. In that role he is seen as an especially destructive individual bent on wreaking havoc on a highly vulnerable world.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is that anything like MOWIM? ("Morbid Obsession With Illegal Migrants"?) Rolling Eyes

YOU may find a shitrag like WND to be amusing, but the OT is addressing a real and serious Mental Health concern. Very sad for you.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Is that anything like MOWIM? ("Morbid Obsession With Illegal Migrants"?)

I don't see being "obsessed" with an ever-growing ILLEGAL workforce as being bad. It should affect anyone who wants low-paid American workers to do better. That used to be Democrats, but now they have abandoned workers in favor of what employers want. Although they also get future voters out of illegal immigration, in addition to lower wages for their benefactors.

Quote:
YOU may find a shitrag like WND to be amusing, but the OT is addressing a real and serious Mental Health concern. Very sad for you.

It seems to me that if someone on TV all the time is crazy or mentally ill or something in that vein, it should be apparent to millions of people, not just psychiatrists. I see educated people on CNN all the time criticizing Trump at every turn and they have no problem disparaging his character, but they aren't referring to him as crazy or mentally ill.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/08/19 5:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Is that anything like MOWIM? ("Morbid Obsession With Illegal Migrants"?) Rolling Eyes

Why take it to the personal level, Howee?

Don’t.

And just for clarity. I think Trump is deteriorating. I think he is making bizarre mistakes. And I think he has a reckless disregard for the damage he is doing. It is unprecedented. I don’t believe we can’t diagnose a person from afar or without being a professional. That’s nonsense. This guy is getting worse.

That said, Trump derangement syndrome is real. Trump has been psychologically damaged by it and in a way that does not behoove any of us. He is punch drunk and angry and much more dangerous now than he was because of it. On the other hand, the basic systems are very resilient. If everyone could just take a breath for a second and try to proceed as if we have a functioning federal government instead of a fascist dictatorship and get on with the job of unseating Donald Trump on Election Day with sound ideas and a sane candidate instead of this circus the Democrats are putting forward that is once again solely focused on Trump and actually stoking and running on the fumes from Trump Derangement Syndrome we could probably unseat the guy before his failing mental state really starts to destroy things.

And lastly, I also believe that illegal immigration and porous borders are an incredible problem we all face. So I basically believe all the perspectives in this thread are valid (except not being able to diagnose that something is very wrong with Donald Trump from afar.)

Just try to have these arguments on points and without needlessly taking it to the point of getting personal.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Howee wrote:

How are my statements any more *personal* than tfan's implication that the OP is part of a "derangement syndrome"?? That pejorative concept coming from a right-wing-nut publication as a counterpoint to my earnest suggestion that Trump is suffering from mental illness .

Your favoritism toward one poster is glaringly obvious. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
It seems to me that if someone on TV all the time is crazy or mentally ill or something in that vein, it should be apparent to millions of people, not just psychiatrists

Yes, tfan....it IS apparent to millions. That's precisely why it's being identified and explained by the professional mental health observers. This is one of the many flaws in our Mental Health system: we find it easiest to *pretend* all is okay, or ignore things to spare one's dignity, cuz there's huge stigma attached to 'craziness'. This thinking does nothing counteract the potential (or real!) damage to come.

Think: Roseanne Barr....how many folks think she's just fine?? Actions speak louder than any armchair diagnosis. Few have compunctions about denouncing her sanity. But Trump? Nooooo....he's THE PRESIDENT. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/08/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Howee wrote:

How are my statements any more *personal* than tfan's implication that the OP is part of a "derangement syndrome"?? That pejorative concept coming from a right-wing-nut publication as a counterpoint to my earnest suggestion that Trump is suffering from mental illness .

Your favoritism toward one poster is glaringly obvious. Rolling Eyes

How are yours more personal than his? Just stop, okay? Figure it out. Don't figure it out. Be honest. Don't be honest. Doesn't matter. I can't and don't know what capacity anyone here has for determining what is right or fair, who has all their faculties left and who doesn't, and after 20 years I don't care. I still have mine.

I can see the difference between what tfan posted in this thread and what you posted in response to him and I'm saying argue the points here instead of expressing your disgust with people personally who simply display that they have a different opinion than yours.

As far as what you see as favoritism. How about I AM trying to make sure that people who persistently post opinions outside of the overwhelmingly left-leaning perspective we have here are not personally slapped in the face for their troubles by those who are of the prevailing majority opinion here.

Lastly, when you start a thread proclaiming that Trump has narcissistic personality disorder with the header Okay, we ALL know... that Trump has narcissistic personality disorder? You then become the personification of what I'm describing. And the first response you got was from pilight who doesn't agree with you and obviously, at least in this instance, isn't a member of your "WE ALL" club.

But I am. Yeah. To further complicate your concerns about impartiality is the fact that I AGREE with you about Trump's mental capacities.

One window I want to open in yours and anyone else's thinking about me and this stuff. One thing that I am very cognizant of here is who descends into direct personal attacks and who doesn't. What that line looks like in my head and how and when it is crossed. After 58K posts, no matter how he prods and pokes, pilight has rarely ever even come close to taking things into that area. And I can't recall tfan moving into the area where he's not arguing or making a point on the issue being discussed and instead has gone over to besmirching anyone here.

But then if you really can't see the difference between what you said and what tfan posted then how would you know?

PostPosted: 04/08/19 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. Fine. I overreacted. Please forgive. (Really.)

Now, for you, Jammer....please reconsider this source:
Psychiatrist: Trump Derangement Syndrome is real – and serious

You said--I think--that this is a 'real thing'. I suggest, "Not So Much". i.e., this 'syndrome' is a way to dismiss those Trump haters who are stirred to fear, etc. A bit hyperbolic.

I tried to make a case for what is NOT hyperbolic: Mental Illness is an obvious problem for POTUS, to the objective observer. But I need go no further. Who even cares, anymore....

PostPosted: 04/08/19 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I don’t define things according to right wing media psychiatrist tools who write books declaring that liberalism is a form of madness. lol.

I’m just talking politically. People who think things like Trump is a fascist. Trump is not my president. Trump is the worst thing that’s ever happened in our country. He’s by far the worst president. We’re losing our ‘democracy’ etc. all of that stuff is deranged. Trump is a glory hound. He could have and would have been putty in the hands of the Democrats had they deftly played to his ego. He wanted big deals and to be the big deal president.

This, I admit, would have taken a lot of holding noses. But this guy was elected to the office of the President of the United States of America. Get a countdown clock like we had with Shrub and when you’re feeling down look at it like I did all those years. Don’t make a bad thing worse. But beyond not making matters worse, Democrats could have played Trump like a fiddle. He’s kind of smart. But he’s not really smart. (Wink, wink) And the truth is about Trump is that he just wants to be loved. As my mom would say, just like everyone else.

BUT. What Democrats in Congress were hearing maddeningly loud from their incredibly angry base was that Trump absolutely MUST not be legitimized. Do not work with him! Expel him. Etc. Well that’s never going to work and in the meantime Trump has been turned into a toxic monster. He was always two shakes from being one anyway.

Listen. The bottom line is that we are all at war. All the time. We are all toxic. And we’re never going to do the right thing. Ever. As a species or as a nation or as a party. Maybe as individuals sometimes. But that’s it. We are not a peaceful benevolent species and we will never be.

So yes, to make matters worse, the rest of the people on this planet are equally toxic, combative, mistake prone as a rule etc. None of this is going to end well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: