RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Conference Standings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/23/19 7:19 pm    ::: Conference Standings Reply Reply with quote

After Round One

PostPosted: 03/23/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks pilight. I always look for this, and you come thru again!

- Amanda Gorman
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/23/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Pac-12 has started the 2019 postseason 7-0 (if you include Arizona's WNIT win).

This current 6-0 start in the NCAAs marks the 3rd time in the past 4 seasons that the Pac-12 has gone undefeated in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Over the past 4 years, the Pac-12 has gone 23-1 in the NCAA's first round.

The Pac-12 is a really, truly, exceptionally strong women's basketball conference. That fact doesn't seem to me to be much acknowledged in the women's basketball world at large, or in the Rebkell community specifically. But there it is anyway.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/24/19 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
The Pac-12 has started the 2019 postseason 7-0 (if you include Arizona's WNIT win).

This current 6-0 start in the NCAAs marks the 3rd time in the past 4 seasons that the Pac-12 has gone undefeated in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

The Pac-12 is a really, truly, exceptionally strong women's basketball conference. That fact doesn't seem to me to be much acknowledged in the women's basketball world at large, or in the Rebkell community specifically. But there it is anyway.

Of course, now that I've said all the above, I've basically guaran-effing-teed that every single Pac-12 team (including my Bruins) will go and lose in Round 2. But could I resist an entirely premature spiking of the football? No I could not.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After round two

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

Of course, now that I've said all the above, I've basically guaran-effing-teed that every single Pac-12 team (including my Bruins) will go and lose in Round 2. But could I resist an entirely premature spiking of the football? No I could not.

well done! We can still brag a little longer, since we have 5 teams in the sweet sixteen while the ACC and SEC only have 3 each. Of course the elite 8 will be another story! But for now, we can glory in our girls' accomplishments.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

well done! We can still brag a little longer, since we have 5 teams in the sweet sixteen while the ACC and SEC only have 3 each. Of course the elite 8 will be another story! But for now, we can glory in our girls' accomplishments.

I feel like I should apologize for my Bears letting the conference down. But when the only loss for the Pac 12 is the #7 team in the conference losing to the #1 team in the nation, I guess they can be forgiven. Great job for the conference.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/19 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

I feel like I should apologize for my Bears letting the conference down. But when the only loss for the Pac 12 is the #7 team in the conference losing to the #1 team in the nation, I guess they can be forgiven. Great job for the conference.

I thought it great that you won the 8/9 game. I always feel bad about teams stuck in the 8/9 spot...but I guess somebody has to be there. I always hope to get moved to a 7 or 10. Earlier Creme had two P12 teams there so it's nice we got it down to one. [sorry it was your team!]

- Amanda Gorman
Phil

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

I've been saying that the Pac 12 is the top women's conference for the last few years, and this just Makes it clearer to those who disagree.

Phil

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

duplicate

pilight

PostPosted: 03/30/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Round Three

PostPosted: 03/31/19 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's interesting is that while the Pac-12 women are maybe at their highest level ever, the Pac-12 men are maybe at their lowest level ever.

And not that many years ago, one could argue the situation was almost completely reversed ...

PostPosted: 03/31/19 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
What's interesting is that while the Pac-12 women are maybe at their highest level ever, the Pac-12 men are maybe at their lowest level ever...

It's really very possible that both sets of circumstances are (at least partially) a result of the same cause: a Pac-12 Network deal which simultaneously:
a) vests the conference with full control over content-- control which the conference uses to platform its Olympic sports teams, especially including women's basketball. And
b) rakes in less revenue than the other power-conference networks-- revenue which could be used to lure top-flight coaching staffs to P12 men's basketball programs and the equally-struggling P12 football programs.

If you're a fan of P12 non-revenue sports (including WBB), there's scarcely been a better time than now. But if you're a fan of P12 men's basketball or football, these have been the years in the wilderness.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/01/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Round Four

PostPosted: 04/05/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Round Five

PostPosted: 04/07/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Big12's advantage was simply not having many teams in, except the one that counted.

- Amanda Gorman
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The Big12's advantage was simply not having many teams in, except the one that counted.

Yeah, they're 6-0 and 1-3. Baylor really carried the crowd on this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: