RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mick Jagger To Undergo Heart Surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/02/19 1:08 pm    ::: Mick Jagger To Undergo Heart Surgery Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is set to undergo heart surgery this week, a source close to the band tells CNN.

The source said the surgery is to replace a valve in his heart.

A representative for Jagger declined further comment to CNN.
The news comes three days after The Rolling Stones postponed their North American tour that was set to kick off on April 20 in Miami Gardens, Florida.

"Mick has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time, as he needs medical treatment," read a statement from the band. "We apologize for any inconvenience this causes those who have tickets to shows but wish to reassure fans to hold onto these existing tickets, as they will be valid for the rescheduled dates, which will be announced shortly."

Jagger, 75, took to Twitter to apologize to supporters following the weekend announcement.

"I really hate letting you down like this," he wrote. "I'm devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/02/entertainment/mick-jagger-heart-surgery/index.html

PostPosted: 04/02/19 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The statements that mention how devastated everyone is to have to cancel the tour dates kind of make me chuckle.

I mean, the fans would much rather see the concerts postponed than to have Jagger drop dead in the middle of the show I'd think.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/19 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I could stick a knife in my heart
Suicide right on stage
Would it be enough for your teenage lust
Would it help to ease the pain?

#NATC

PostPosted: 04/02/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
The statements that mention how devastated everyone is to have to cancel the tour dates kind of make me chuckle.

I mean, the fans would much rather see the concerts postponed than to have Jagger drop dead in the middle of the show I'd think.

Ooh you just triggered me.
Most people would rather see the concerts postponed, yeah. Although there seems to be a not-insignificant percentage of people out there who don't go to concerts to enjoy the music and the vibe, preferring to spend most of the time holding their phones up to obstruct everyone's view or posting on social media. I swear some of those people would be more thrilled about being there when he keeled over on stage, and being able to make it about themselves, than enjoying a 100% live concert by a legendary band.

Anyway best of luck to Mick for a speedy recovery. He goes alright for a 75 year old and I hope he's got a few more in him.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: