Rebkell Fantasy Basketball League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/24/19 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Adds Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, G from Waivers, Drops Han Xu, C.

Because of wavier wire priority, Admiral Needa gets Walker-Kimbrough instead of toad455. Alana Beard remains on toad455's team.

Admiral, you literally just got this in on time.

Yes, he did. Walker Kimbrough was dropped at 6:48 and Admiral Needa made his claim at 6:47 the next day. I will just say that if he had claimed at 6:48, it still would have counted. Anything timestamped at the exact same time is considered to be within the 24 hour period.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/24/19 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The trade deadline is Monday 7/15, at 6:00 PM EDT (GMT - 4)

hoopmom

PostPosted: 06/24/19 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopmom:
G odyssey sims
G chelsea gray
F Natasha Howard
F Candace Dupree
C Imani Magee Stafford

Next year can we do 3 forwards and 2 guards rather than requiring a center? I feel like the WNBA has acknowledged how arbitrary the center designation is by the way they designed the all star voting.

Also I’m having trouble enjoying the games this year because I no longer care who wins and loses the games. How to get over that?

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/24/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopmom wrote:
Also I’m having trouble enjoying the games this year because I no longer care who wins and loses the games. How to get over that?

Welcome to the world of fantasy sports--it does indeed change the way you watch the game, and not entirely for the better. It's similar to the way betting on games with points spreads changes the way you look at things

For me, it's mostly positive: I never watched regular season games that didn't involve the Liberty before now, because I didn't care who won. Now I care, and am watching as much WNBA action as I can. And I am beginning to root for the teams with my players on them.

The only rough times are the Liberty games, and I have a policy on that in fantasy. I root for my real team first, my fantasy team second. Two weeks ago I was up against Amanda Zahui B, and after one good play, I shouted out, "YEAH, AMANDA!" I am all in on the Liberty despite any fantasy interests.

Mojo

PostPosted: 06/24/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopmom wrote:
Hoopmom:
G odyssey sims
G chelsea gray
F Natasha Howard
F Candace Dupree
C Imani Magee Stafford

Next year can we do 3 forwards and 2 guards rather than requiring a center? I feel like the WNBA has acknowledged how arbitrary the center designation is by the way they designed the all star voting.

I like your suggestion of 3 forwards and 2 guards, validating it with all star voting rules.
Your comment about enjoying the games, no longer caring who wins/loses. I love the game of women's basketball. Whether attending a WNBA or a college level game, I enjoy the triumphs and suffer with the defeats, rooting for players on both sides. I joined this RFBL for two reasons: One is to learn more players, the other reason being as a distraction of mind for recurring health issues. The oddity of fantasy sports leagues is to sometimes root for my players opposing each other on the court.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/24/19 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK trying to mix it up a little

g-Stricken Conn
g-Deshields Chi
f-E. Williams Atl
f-Clark Sea
c-Cambage LV

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/24/19 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Week 6 lineup for NYSports56

G - Erica Wheeler, IND
G - Tiffany Hayes, ATL
F - Napheesa Collier, MIN
F - A'ja Wilson, LV
C - Azura Stevens, DAL

I am totally undecided at center. Natalie Achonwa is coming back from an injury and had limited (but effective) minutes last game. Azura has been effective as well, but her minutes are limited coming off the bench.

I'm also undecided about Erica Wheeler or Ariel Atkins at guard. This might not be the last lineup I turn in before tonight's games.

Mojo

PostPosted: 06/25/19 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:

G - Erica Wheeler, IND
G - Tiffany Hayes, ATL
F - A'ja Wilson, LV
C - Azura Stevens, DAL

I am totally undecided at center. Natalie Achonwa is coming back from an injury and had limited (but effective) minutes last game. Azura has been effective as well, but her minutes are limited coming off the bench.

I'm also undecided about Erica Wheeler or Ariel Atkins at guard. This might not be the last lineup I turn in before tonight's games.

I would go with Wheeler. Bigger pts possibilities. The other one is a tossup. Hard to understand why Stevens is not getting more minutes. She is so articulate and has shown another positive side defensively. She s a building block for Dallas. Achonwa has impressed me in lieu of what is happening in Indiana. She is a competitor. I remember her injury in college, how she cheered her teammates on

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/25/19 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

G - Erica Wheeler, IND
G - Tiffany Hayes, ATL
F - A'ja Wilson, LV
C - Azura Stevens, DAL

I would go with Wheeler. Bigger pts possibilities. The other one is a tossup. Hard to understand why Stevens is not getting more minutes. She is so articulate and has shown another positive side defensively. She s a building block for Dallas. Achonwa has impressed me in lieu of what is happening in Indiana. She is a competitor. I remember her injury in college, how she cheered her teammates on

I am becoming a fan of Achonwa as well--this is my first year of watching all of my non-Liberty fantasy players, and I agree: she is a competitor. Wheeler's game has a little too many unforced turnovers for me to be a real fan, but I agree that she has more upside and will probably keep her in.

I guess Aghlor (sp?) wants to see certain things out of Azura Stevens before she gets more minutes. I can see why: I've been watching, and things just don't seem to be working for the Wings when she's in there. I'm always worried she'll get taken out. I just went and checked, and in the last 5 games, Azura indeed had either the worst or 2nd worst +/- rating of all the Wings to step on the court in every single game.

Mojo

PostPosted: 06/25/19 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

G - Erica Wheeler, IND
G - Tiffany Hayes, ATL
F - A'ja Wilson, LV
C - Azura Stevens, DAL

I am becoming a fan of Achonwa as well--this is my first year of watching all of my non-Liberty fantasy players, and I agree: she is a competitor. Wheeler's game has a little too many unforced turnovers for me to be a real fan, but I agree that she has more upside and will probably keep her in.

I guess Aghlor (sp?) wants to see certain things out of Azura Stevens before she gets more minutes. I can see why: I've been watching, and things just don't seem to be working for the Wings when she's in there. I'm always worried she'll get taken out. I just went and checked, and in the last 5 games, Azura indeed had either the worst or 2nd worst +/- rating of all the Wings to step on the court in every single game.

Agler is still experimenting with different point guards and various combinations. Stevens has impressed me. Her defense has improved. Minutes played is still a puzzle because she has the talent to be on the floor more. Possibly the minutes problem is because Agler is still trying to figure out the other forwards and centers. Dallas is my home team, and I would love to have another Dallas player if she is ever on the trading block

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/26/19 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess NYSports didn't want those 49 points from Atkins! [ouchie]

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/26/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sooo Dolson started for Chicago as a PF with Lavender at C ......Just throwing that out there so i wont have an illegal line up again ...

PostPosted: 06/26/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Guess NYSports didn't want those 49 points from Atkins! [ouchie]

Yeah, it figures. I really couldn't decide--both Atkins and Wheeler have been very inconsistent. I really was on the fence. Ultimately, I let the deciding factor be that Wheeler's team was playing at home. I probably should have considered the game to be a road game considering the nightmare the Fever had travelling the day before.

Wheeler was absolutely awful for almost the entire game; she scored nearly all of her 19 points in one hot stretch in the 3rd quarter.

Achonwa scored in the low 20s on my bench--we'll see how Azura Stevens fares in her place.

Calbearman/tbinta got a terrible break in our game when Jewell Loyd went out early with an ankle sprain. She scored all 5 of her points on the play she was injured (steal, followed by basket). The injury happened before she released the shot, but she made it nonetheless.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/26/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sooo Dolson started for Chicago as a PF with Lavender at C ......Just throwing that out there so i wont have an illegal line up again ...

Dolson is listed on the WNBA site as a Center. That's what she is in this league until that changes and is mentioned here.

Points from this afternoon's game should be up in a few minutes.

Mojo

PostPosted: 06/26/19 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Dolson is listed on the WNBA site as a Center. That's what she is in this league until that changes and is mentioned here.

And Lavender is listed on the WNBA site as f/c

Mojo

PostPosted: 06/26/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And so I ask all of you: Who is your roster's biggest disappointment thus far or someone who has exceeded expectations? Who is your best drop or add? Who is so inconsistent they drive you crazy? Who is your constant rock? For me, Thornton has exceeded expectations. Shenise Johnson the biggest disappointment, Laney the worst drop. McCarty a flash in the pan. Jasmine Thomas is consistent. Another disappointment is not hearing any news about Skylar or Angel's return date. Playing with a limited roster is a challenge.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/26/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Its making my head spin......So if a team doesn't use a player at the C position even though shes listed as one thats the only spot she can play in the fantasy line up? Hmmmmmm

PostPosted: 06/26/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Its making my head spin......So if a team doesn't use a player at the C position even though shes listed as one thats the only spot she can play in the fantasy line up? Hmmmmmm

Go to WNBA.com. click on teams, then on individual team, then roster. This is the only website that officially determines what position(s) a player can qualify to play in this RFBL. What they actually play in a game is not the determining factor. Sorry I got mixed up thinking you had Lavender. We play 2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/27/19 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
And so I ask all of you: Who is your roster's biggest disappointment thus far or someone who has exceeded expectations? Who is your best drop or add? Who is so inconsistent they drive you crazy? Who is your constant rock? For me, Thornton has exceeded expectations. Shenise Johnson the biggest disappointment, Laney the worst drop. McCarty a flash in the pan. Jasmine Thomas is consistent. Another disappointment is not hearing any news about Skylar or Angel's return date. Playing with a limited roster is a challenge.

Biggest disappointment: No one is a total bust, but I think Tiffany Hayes has been my most disappointing player. I drafted her second, and it has taken a while for her to get going and I've taken her out of my lineup a few times. Atlanta's terrible start has hurt my fantasy team. Jessica Breland was also drafted to be a starter, and she is firmly on my bench (even moreso now that A'ja Wilson has been switched to forward).

Exceeded expectations: Erica Wheeler. She was one of the last players I drafted, and she's been usable as a starter.

Best drop or add: Best add is probably Shatori Walker-Kimbrough. Worst drop is probably Shatori Walker-Kimbrough a week or so later. Smile

So inconsistent they drive me crazy: all of my guards. Tiffany Hayes, Ariel Atkins, Erica Wheeler. I never know who to start and it seems like I'm wrong more often than not. Next week, I'm going to with the players I drafted first (Hayes and Atkins). If Wheeler puts up a 40 pointer, I'm calling her agent and negotiating the price for me keeping her on my fantasy bench for the rest of the season.

My constant rock is A'ja Wilson. Unless she gets hurt, she's always going to score 20 and usually score 30.

Favorite player: Napheesa Collier. Also a rock. Also has exceeded expectations; I drafted her 6th only after I completed my starting lineup. But I had genuine hope that she could be a rookie who was a valuable fantasy asset. The little I had seen in college (her final 4 game, where she wasn't even dominant), and the rest that I had heard on Rebkell, positive and negative, made me think that she was a smart player who would succeed regardless of her tweener status when it comes to position. It was so nice to get her on my fantasy team and see her deliver. I love Napheesa! She's making me a Lynx fan (not over the Liberty; it just seems like I have a 2nd team now).

Best draft pick: Natalie Achonwa (7th round). Actually, it's Collier I think, but Natalie was a good pick too, and I wanted to mention her. Without Natalie's recent minor injury, she'd truly be the best draft pick, just because she came one round after Napheesa.

I think the best overall draft pick of the entire draft was probably Admiral Needa's drafting of Jonquel Jones in the 4th round.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/27/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Go to WNBA.com. click on teams, then on individual team, then roster. This is the only website that officially determines what position(s) a player can qualify to play in this RFBL. What they actually play in a game is not the determining factor. Sorry I got mixed up thinking you had Lavender. We play 2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center

The positions listed on the rosters on the front page match the WNBA.com rosters as of 2 days ago. So long as no one reports a change here in the thread, you can consider the positions posted here to be official.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/27/19 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, did I ever make bad decisions this week! I chose Erica Wheeler and Azura Stevens over Ariel Atkins and Natalie Achonwa.

Stevens continued to grind the Dallas offense to a halt every time she touched the ball. She started the game, and started the 2nd half, and totaled 8 minutes.

So what did Stevens do in those 8 minutes? Ladies and Gentlemen, we have the very first negative score in the RFBL: a beefy -1.0! Congratulations to Azura for making me wish I had put another out of position player at center this week!

Once again, Azura had the lowest +- on the team (worst or 2nd worst in the last 6 games). The worst part is, I was up against Plaisance and she got extra minutes, and did very well with them. Azura appears to be in Agler's doghouse, and if Plaisance and Imani-McGee Stafford continue to play well, he's not going to be using her all that much.

Things still look pretty good for my team. Calbearman76/tbinta are already in the clubhouse, and Tiffany Hayes only needs 11.9 for me to catch them. However this has been a very strange game, so you never know--there are 3 players (Stevens, Jewell Loyd, and Cheyenne Parker) who have already scored less than that.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/28/19 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka Ogwumike received a DNP in tonight's game. Nneka's Sunday game will count for Erimus's point totals (unless Erimus subs in Alanna Smith, who also hasn't played yet).

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/28/19 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anomaly report. I'm not disputing the end result and this doesn't effect anything for our game as I accept the ESPN box as the final say (plus it won me an extra 1$ on fanduels....but:
At the end of the game last night I toted up Chelsea Gray's points and she had 31.8, so I figured what Griner would need for our team to beat Hoopmom this week. This morning I was surprised to see Gray's total at 34.8. So I went back to the ESPN box which was still open from last night and sure enough it was 31.8 so I hit refresh, which normally is irrelevant as it automatically updates, but lo and behold after the refresh there appears a steal which wasn't there last night or moments before. Out of curiousity I went back thru the play by play thinking maybe there was a steal near the end of the game. No steal. So I went thru the entire game's play by play. No steal. So I have to call it a phantom steal. Is that weird or what? For our game I hope it's irrelevant since Griner would have to have her worst game of the year (knock on wood) to not get more than the 28.3 we need. Still, I find it pretty bizarre.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/28/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christmas is reportedly out for the season, so we will waive her and sign Alana Beard G/F LA.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray stole one of Beard’s steals.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 34 of 43

Jump to: