RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#4 Texas A&M vs #1 Notre Dame - 3/30/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Texas A&M
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Notre Dame
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11989
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I like Gary too. I wasn't too upset when the beat ND in '11.

I got a chance to talk to him in '16 when the FF was in Indy. He was very nice. Pretty much everyone that walked by spoke to him, like he was holding court.


Wasn't that 2011, the year they beat ND for NC?? I was in Indy following Stanford that year when Blair beat them in the final seconds. But yeah, ya GOTTA love Gary. I say kudos for an ol' timer like him to keep in the heart of the game, and remain relevant....he's 73; anybody know of any coaches older than him? God bless 'im!

Kudos to ND....of the final 8 teams, (today!) they looked the most lethal of all. what they got left?



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8486
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Carter may be a great player, but her actions cause me to not like her much.

I don't think it counts. I hope that it doesn't anyway.


Carter's just a little bitch!


Woah chill my friend. Shes nowhere near close to a b*tch be respectful. You never know who's reading these boards. Players , FAMILY members, coaches ect...



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3384
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people confuse trash talking with taunting. At parks and playgrounds in every large city in the USA when there are competitive games between two talented teams believe this there is some major trash talking going on. I know because I have been there and done that! Laughing



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25156



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Carter may be a great player, but her actions cause me to not like her much.

I don't think it counts. I hope that it doesn't anyway.


Carter's just a little bitch!


Woah chill my friend. Shes nowhere near close to a b*tch be respectful. You never know who's reading these boards. Players , FAMILY members, coaches ect...


I have the feeling she would take it as a compliment. Laughing



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5611



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
I like Gary too. I wasn't too upset when the beat ND in '11.

I got a chance to talk to him in '16 when the FF was in Indy. He was very nice. Pretty much everyone that walked by spoke to him, like he was holding court.


Wasn't that 2011, the year they beat ND for NC?? I was in Indy following Stanford that year when Blair beat them in the final seconds. But yeah, ya GOTTA love Gary. I say kudos for an ol' timer like him to keep in the heart of the game, and remain relevant....he's 73; anybody know of any coaches older than him? God bless 'im!

Kudos to ND....of the final 8 teams, (today!) they looked the most lethal of all. what they got left?


It was '11 that they beat ND in Indy. In '16 the FF was back there and that's when I got to talk to him.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5611



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Carter may be a great player, but her actions cause me to not like her much.

I don't think it counts. I hope that it doesn't anyway.


Carter's just a little bitch!


Woah chill my friend. Shes nowhere near close to a b*tch be respectful. You never know who's reading these boards. Players , FAMILY members, coaches ect...


She was very impressive in the press conference.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51765



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dl7qxczzMvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
threadkiller1201



Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 227
Location: washington state


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dl7qxczzMvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


thanks for posting, like what he said about women's basketball, esp. towards the end there!


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5391
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Some people confuse trash talking with taunting. At parks and playgrounds in every large city in the USA when there are competitive games between two talented teams believe this there is some major trash talking going on. I know because I have been there and done that! Laughing


True that. I didn't play sports (there were none for girls in the pre- Title IX time in the town where I grew up) but my kids did, and my grandkids certainly do, and I can attest to every word. And Muffet was certainly very complimentary of Carter. So ease up. I know I called her a brat earlier, but after watching her I think she's extremely talented and most likely a player who will mature. Emotions run high this time of year.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3384
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is an art to trash talking. It is a mental game that you play against your opponent. On the basketball court or football field you are always trying to get the competitive edge against your opponent. If your opponent is just as good as you then you get into his head. You get him thinking about something else besides the game that is right in front of him. If you are good then you get his mind distracted for a split second. That is all the time that you need to take care of your business. Laughing



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin