RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Most boring offseason ever?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/26/19 2:52 pm    ::: Most boring offseason ever? Reply Reply with quote

Sure, nothing much happens involving the WNBA in the off-season but this has got to be the most boring off-season ever in my opinion. The only news worth talking about is where Cambage will end up and thats not even that interesting.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/26/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Liberty fan, I was very excited about the news they got bought by Joseph Tsai and will (likely) be playing in Brooklyn full time by 2020.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya sitting out made headlines along with the PHX/Troxel scandal . Id say we have had more lime light during an offseason than any year before.

PostPosted: 03/26/19 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've had:

1. Maya Moore sitting out.
2. Borders stepping down.
3. Cambage requesting a trade.
4. Liberty getting bought.
5. Possibly the deepest draft in league history.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/19 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
We've had:

6. Players opt out of the CBA.
7. Related to #2, going into the draft without a permanent president.

I think the problem with the OP is their world resolves the Sun, and they haven’t chosen to do much this off season.

Much ado.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
miller40

PostPosted: 03/26/19 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought this thread title said "Most boring offense ever" and was preparing to rank all the Fever seasons. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/19 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
I thought this thread title said "Most boring offense ever" and was preparing to rank all the Fever seasons. Laughing

Dont tell spacejunkie that Laughing

PostPosted: 03/27/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
We've had:

6. Players opt out of the CBA.
7. Related to #2, going into the draft without a permanent president.

I think the problem with the OP is their world resolves the Sun, and they haven’t chosen to do much this off season.

Much ado.

Lol no my world doesn’t resolve around the Sun. Far from it. Beside, the off-season’s are ALWAYS boring in regards to the Sun because the middle of the woods is NOT a place that any WNBA players wants to play in. Sure, the Sun have one of the best if not the best group of owners and front office but that means squat if they can’t get anyone great to want to play there. Hence, the Sun always have boring off-seasons.

Maybe its just me then. I’ve been a massive fan of the WNBA and WCBB for many years but something happened this year. I stopped following WCBB for the most part, haven’t watched a single Uconn game and reduced my fandom to just looking at box scores on ESPN. And during this WNBA offseason, my interested completely died for the first time ever. I just skim through news of things happening with the WNBA and I couldn’t even tell you which players the Sun signed to camp. I know there was a couple. Usually I obsess all winter long about the WNBA lol but I guess my switch got turned off and I just don’t seem as invested anymore. Maybe once the season starts up, I might get back into it, but as of right now, I have no interested in going to any games, seeing any games on TV or even purchasing League Pass when it goes on sale.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/30/19 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, I've enjoyed WCBB this year and watched more than ever. Two reasons. First, I'm invested in the Liberty's second overall pick. Secondly, the fact that several teams could actually win the whole thing has me more intrigued than ever before. It was hard to be as interested when you knew UConn was a lock to win the final. The talent pool in general is becoming more widespread, which definitely adds to the interest level for me. Both in terms of WCBB itself and WNBA prospects.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: