RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#5 Marquette @ #4 Texas A&M - 3/24/19
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52818



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/19 8:37 pm    ::: #5 Marquette @ #4 Texas A&M - 3/24/19 Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Region Second Round
College Station, TX - 2:07 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Lowell Galindo, A'ja Wilson)

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=73dcba56-1ed2-46f1-bd26-5c732a26293d&lang=en (tvpli)

Live stats:
https://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-women/d1/2019/03/24/marquette-texas-am

http://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/site.php?sid=wbb1

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/100/date/20190324



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 03/24/19 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want the Marquette team that played really well against St. John's in the Big East Tourney and not the team that stunk it up against Rice Smile. Come on Marquette - pull off the upset and get to the Sweet 16 for the first time.

Go Marquette!!!


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette looks much better than they did against Rice thankfully and it's tied at 37 at halftime.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52818



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As Hiedeman goes, so goes this team. 50-41 MARQ



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5480
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Normally I like Gary Blair, but right now I want him to go home and take his brat with him.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Normally I like Gary Blair, but right now I want him to go home and take his brat with him.


Marquette leads 59-57 heading to the 4th quarter but not feeling real good about this one Sad


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25706



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate having all these 4-5 matchups at the same time...and yeah, Iowa-Mizzou feels like a 4-5 as well.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Preparing for Marquette to break my heart again...


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5710



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I hate having all these 4-5 matchups at the same time...and yeah, Iowa-Mizzou feels like a 4-5 as well.


Yeah the NCAA could have done better with the schedule.

But we just HAVE to see the 1 & 2 seeds in their entirety. Rolling Eyes



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez


Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/24/19 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 553



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I hate having all these 4-5 matchups at the same time...and yeah, Iowa-Mizzou feels like a 4-5 as well.


Iowa begs to differ.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52818



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

77-76 TAMU 0:22.9 left



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 03/24/19 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette trails 77-76 with 23 secs to go and the ball out of a timeout. Prove me wrong and find a way here Marquette because I'm expecting more heartbreak...


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5710



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette trails 77-76 with 23 secs to go and the ball out of a timeout. Prove me wrong and find a way here Marquette because I'm expecting more heartbreak...


You may have got you expectation fulfilled.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59906
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't like that timeout by Kieger



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette trails 77-76 with 23 secs to go and the ball out of a timeout. Prove me wrong and find a way here Marquette because I'm expecting more heartbreak...


You may have got you expectation fulfilled.


Yep - turn the ball over and never even get a shot off...


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Don't like that timeout by Kieger


Yep - couldn't get the ball in after that either and there is your game...


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that pretty much sucked - not sure Marquette will ever make the Sweet 16 at this point. They had plenty of chances in this game and blew it...


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59906
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
pilight wrote:
Don't like that timeout by Kieger


Yep - couldn't get the ball in after that either and there is your game...


You gotta trust your players at that point. Call the timeout early or not at all.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
pilight wrote:
Don't like that timeout by Kieger


Yep - couldn't get the ball in after that either and there is your game...


You gotta trust your players at that point. Call the timeout early or not at all.


Yeah - I think they would have had a much better shot without that timeout there and probably would have at least gotten a shot off there.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5710



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette trails 77-76 with 23 secs to go and the ball out of a timeout. Prove me wrong and find a way here Marquette because I'm expecting more heartbreak...


You may have got you expectation fulfilled.


Yep - turn the ball over and never even get a shot off...


I'm guessing that coach wishes she had called that timeout a little earlier when the ball would have been inbounded on the sideline instead of the baseline. Or just not call it at all. Hard to say because they looked a little out of sorts there.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
BoredyMcbored



Joined: 20 May 2016
Posts: 31
Location: Atl


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I absolutely cannot wait until Chennedy Carter makes it to the WNBA. She's going to be a badddddd woman. Her game is so fun to watch.



_________________
Sammie "Actually Steph Curry" Whitcomb
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8852
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BoredyMcbored wrote:
I absolutely cannot wait until Chennedy Carter makes it to the WNBA. She's going to be a badddddd woman. Her game is so fun to watch.


+1 but people seem to think the talent level will drop over the next 5 years tuh



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12279
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting game, what I got to see of it. IFF Marquette hadn't had their injuries this season, they coulda had one awesome tourney run. BUT....they had a better showing at The Dance than conference rival, DePaul, so there IS that.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2673



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Interesting game, what I got to see of it. IFF Marquette hadn't had their injuries this season, they coulda had one awesome tourney run. BUT....they had a better showing at The Dance than conference rival, DePaul, so there IS that.



I think when I'm not so raw from this missed golden opportunity, I'll have more of an appreciation for what they did this season and how they regrouped after Davenport was lost for the season. They were super lucky to come back and win Friday against Rice. Even though this loss was difficult for this fan to handle, I take a small bit of comfort in the fact that they played much better today than they did against Rice.


huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 557
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough way to lose.

I don't know why teams find inbounding the ball so difficult. It really shouldn't be when all you want to do is inbound it.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin