RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Upsets...Who Ya Got?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 03/20/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Durantula wrote:
UCLA is not that big, so maybe Tennessee can get a lot of paint points against them? Westbrook has a huge size advantage on Dean, maybe she can have a field day getting into the paint? Its a new season, Tennessee has talented players. I can't imagine UCLA would not prefer to play an other 11 seed because in other situations UCLA could at least out-talent or out-athlete them.

As a Bruin fan, I confess that I'd feel a bit more comfortable if my team were facing Quinnipiac or Missouri State. The silver lining, though, is that there will be no "looking past" Tennessee. This Lady Vol team-- just by virtue of their burnt orange jerseys and their McD AA pedigrees-- will have the full attention of the UCLA roster.

yeah. agree. My whole gripe is not that Tenn 'could' be a good team, and sometimes this year they looked great, but that they totally and absolutely did not deserve to be in the tournament based on their body of work. So UCLA gets the un-benefit of the committee's crapulous decision. I just hope UCLA doesn't get time warp and keeps playing like they did in the conference tournament.

I think BOTH teams might fairly take criticisms for their 'body of work' thing....UCLA kinda salvaged their season at the end and TN had their flashes of brilliance here 'n there. That heightened expectation of "who will show up" makes this interesting. BOTH coaches--who've received considerable flak here as of late--have a lot to prove. Again, makes for 'Must-See' TV. Cool

PostPosted: 03/20/19 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Indiana will beat Texas. You heard it here, folks!

I can see this happening as well. Karen Aston has been a major disappointment .

Texas has been a major disappointment.

+1

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/20/19 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Oregon state is a team neither LV or UCONN want to see in this region. LV would fair a bit better witht their defensive scheme as last years results were no fluke but slocum will be a game changer.

I thought you already said Maryland will beat UCONN?

You didn't think i said that because that's what i said. What in this statement contradicts what you "Thought" i said ? Maryland beating Uconn does not mean oregon state wont win the region Rolling Eyes

But if Maryland beats UCONN, we can't play Oregon State. The only way UCONN could play Oregon State is in the E8. So you contracdicted yourself in essence. UCONN and Oregon State shouldn't be put in the same sentence by you since there is no way, according to your predictions, that we could ever play them.

The statement says "OREGON STATE WILL WIN THE REGION" Seriously you that mad that i think MD will beat your team ? Get over yourself . Whether UCONN beats Maryland or not OREGON STATE WILL WIN THE REGION. Thats the statement and fact . Thanks

PostPosted: 03/20/19 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Oregon state is a team neither LV or UCONN want to see in this region. LV would fair a bit better witht their defensive scheme as last years results were no fluke but slocum will be a game changer.

You didn't think i said that because that's what i said. What in this statement contradicts what you "Thought" i said ? Maryland beating Uconn does not mean oregon state wont win the region Rolling Eyes

But if Maryland beats UCONN, we can't play Oregon State. The only way UCONN could play Oregon State is in the E8. So you contracdicted yourself in essence. UCONN and Oregon State shouldn't be put in the same sentence by you since there is no way, according to your predictions, that we could ever play them.

The statement says "OREGON STATE WILL WIN THE REGION" Seriously you that mad that i think MD will beat your team ? Get over yourself . Whether UCONN beats Maryland or not OREGON STATE WILL WIN THE REGION. Thats the statement and fact . Thanks

I like Rueck and his Beavs. They should do well. They've had plenty of rest since the West Coast Huskies bounced them in the PAC12 quarters.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/20/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
I like Rueck and his Beavs. They should do well. They've had plenty of rest since the West Coast Huskies bounced them in the PAC12 quarters.

I'm rooting for a re-match with the Beavs and *other* Huskies....one team has gotten much BETTER a year later, and....one HASN'T. Razz

PostPosted: 03/20/19 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Hey its just my lone opinion. It may not happen but i hope it does. Lv would be my runner up to win Albany as well meaning they most likely take care of Oregon state in S16. It's a tournament no one can predict thats the fun part!

PostPosted: 03/20/19 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Hey its just my lone opinion. It may not happen but i hope it does. Lv would be my runner up to win Albany as well meaning they most likely take care of Oregon state in S16. It's a tournament no one can predict thats the fun part!

Wouldn't surprise me to see CT lose in the 3rd rd. Or for Or St to make the FF. Not much of a leap either way, imo.

However, Or St didn't really end the season on fire.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/23/19 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp oregon state has my foot in my mouth. Upset 1st rd by Boise State #GoTerps Laughing

PostPosted: 03/23/19 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp oregon state has my foot in my mouth. Upset 1st rd by Boise State #GoTerps Laughing

Maybe NOT?? Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: