RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

45's budget eliminates arts, public TV and library funding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/19/19 8:21 am    ::: 45's budget eliminates arts, public TV and library funding Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Trump administration has again proposed the elimination of federal funding for the arts and humanities, public television and radio, libraries and museums.

For the third time in as many years, the White House has proposed a federal budget that would shutter the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting — which supports PBS and NPR — and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Like last year, the plan provides small appropriations for each agency to facilitate its orderly demise.

The cuts total $897 million of the $4.7 trillion 2020 spending plan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/for-third-year-in-a-row-trumps-budget-plan-eliminates-arts-public-tv-and-library-funding/2019/03/18/e946db9a-49a2-11e9-9663-00ac73f49662_story.html?utm_term=.8c7097c71b6e

PostPosted: 03/19/19 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More serious to me is cuts in funding for renewable energy and gobal warming research. But apparently, Congress can and does override these cuts.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/19/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
More serious to me is cuts in funding for renewable energy and gobal warming research. But apparently, Congress can and does override these cuts.

Libraries!!! Who's against libraries??? Oh, that's right. A man who can’t read and comprehend.

Mueller, where is that report?!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: