RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

SAD DAY: elijah cummings dies

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16695
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 5:12 am    ::: SAD DAY: elijah cummings dies Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/elijah-cummings-dead.html



_________________
no justice, no peace.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7872
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RIP to a legend.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad

Thank you for your service, Mr. Cummings. Rest well.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote







_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16695
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5737



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.


That was going to be my post - who wrote this for him?



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7872
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.

Okay, that's unfair. As president it is expected that he say something. If he didn't say anything he would have been rightfully blasted in the media and on Twitter.

Him having someone else write the Tweet is actually the wise move here as he's proven to not be able to be trusted to stay on task and not throw in some garbage with it.

And if I'm Cummings? I'd rather it be the Office of the President recognizing me rather than the person currently occupying it.

For once, Trump did the right thing (probably by passing it off) and made sure he wasn't the story here.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16695
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.

Okay, that's unfair. As president it is expected that he say something. If he didn't say anything he would have been rightfully blasted in the media and on Twitter.

Him having someone else write the Tweet is actually the wise move here as he's proven to not be able to be trusted to stay on task and not throw in some garbage with it.

And if I'm Cummings? I'd rather it be the Office of the President recognizing me rather than the person currently occupying it.

For once, Trump did the right thing (probably by passing it off) and made sure he wasn't the story here.


yeah, i get all that, and i don't disagree (except the part about it being unfair). however, it's not genuine, and there are many ways he/writer could've acknowledged cummings' passing, as would be expected, without the pretend plaudits.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5737



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.

Okay, that's unfair. As president it is expected that he say something. If he didn't say anything he would have been rightfully blasted in the media and on Twitter.

Him having someone else write the Tweet is actually the wise move here as he's proven to not be able to be trusted to stay on task and not throw in some garbage with it.

And if I'm Cummings? I'd rather it be the Office of the President recognizing me rather than the person currently occupying it.

For once, Trump did the right thing (probably by passing it off) and made sure he wasn't the story here.




EVERYONE knows that he didn't write it, so why put it on HIS twitter page?

That's the problem with him having a twitter account. It's hard to separate the OFFICE from the man.

By posting it on his page, he kind of DID become the story.

His twitter statement could have been as simple as "Melania and I wish to pass along our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Cummings. May they find peace and comfort in the coming days."

"Wish to" could even be eliminated if it would make it more realistic.

"Deepest" would be left up to the reader's interpretation. Some (most?) find him to be a pretty shallow person, so....



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7872
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.

Okay, that's unfair. As president it is expected that he say something. If he didn't say anything he would have been rightfully blasted in the media and on Twitter.

Him having someone else write the Tweet is actually the wise move here as he's proven to not be able to be trusted to stay on task and not throw in some garbage with it.

And if I'm Cummings? I'd rather it be the Office of the President recognizing me rather than the person currently occupying it.

For once, Trump did the right thing (probably by passing it off) and made sure he wasn't the story here.


yeah, i get all that, and i don't disagree (except the part about it being unfair). however, it's not genuine, and there are many ways he/writer could've acknowledged cummings' passing, as would be expected, without the pretend plaudits.

That's what I think is unfair. Knowing the history, is there anything that he really could have written that would have actually felt genuine and at least plausible that could have come from the President himself? The Tweet's author was already straining credulity here.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16695
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.

Okay, that's unfair. As president it is expected that he say something. If he didn't say anything he would have been rightfully blasted in the media and on Twitter.

Him having someone else write the Tweet is actually the wise move here as he's proven to not be able to be trusted to stay on task and not throw in some garbage with it.

And if I'm Cummings? I'd rather it be the Office of the President recognizing me rather than the person currently occupying it.

For once, Trump did the right thing (probably by passing it off) and made sure he wasn't the story here.


yeah, i get all that, and i don't disagree (except the part about it being unfair). however, it's not genuine, and there are many ways he/writer could've acknowledged cummings' passing, as would be expected, without the pretend plaudits.

That's what I think is unfair. Knowing the history, is there anything that he really could have written that would have actually felt genuine and at least plausible that could have come from the President himself? The Tweet's author was already straining credulity here.


yeah, and ex-ref gave us an example that would've been better than the drivel that was delivered. it could've been even more, shall we say, non-committal, and still served the need to acknowledge his passing.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7872
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-ref, his Twitter page is the official page of the POTUS. If he would have used something other than his Twitter account, people would have read into that as well, since everything is done through Twitter.

Look, I think the man is disgusting and beyond unfit for the office, but sometimes it's okay to look at something and say "well, at least he didn't fuck that one up". And while perhaps there was a perfect statement that could have sounded both genuine and heartfelt while still allowing people the suspension of disbelief that he actually wrote it--but I really don't see it. We know too much about Trump's shit personality and how he actually felt about Mr. Cummings from previous comments. Put it this way, when I heard of Mr. Cummings' passing, one of my earliest thoughts drifted to what sort of shitshow of a tweet Mr. Orange would make.

So, yeah, unfair as if this tweet is unacceptable then I don't see one that would have been--and the old "then refuse to play the game" wasn't even an option here as not acknowledging it all would have been a terrible choice. Granted it is an unfairness of his own making due to the reputation he has legitimately cultivated, but unfair nonetheless.

/shrug



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7872
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
Genero36 wrote:


this nearly drove me to create a twitter account just so i could post "fuck you, tripe!" it's clear someone with language comprehension above second grade was called on to write that. and that trump had to hold his nose while he posted it.

Okay, that's unfair. As president it is expected that he say something. If he didn't say anything he would have been rightfully blasted in the media and on Twitter.

Him having someone else write the Tweet is actually the wise move here as he's proven to not be able to be trusted to stay on task and not throw in some garbage with it.

And if I'm Cummings? I'd rather it be the Office of the President recognizing me rather than the person currently occupying it.

For once, Trump did the right thing (probably by passing it off) and made sure he wasn't the story here.


yeah, i get all that, and i don't disagree (except the part about it being unfair). however, it's not genuine, and there are many ways he/writer could've acknowledged cummings' passing, as would be expected, without the pretend plaudits.

That's what I think is unfair. Knowing the history, is there anything that he really could have written that would have actually felt genuine and at least plausible that could have come from the President himself? The Tweet's author was already straining credulity here.


yeah, and ex-ref gave us an example that would've been better than the drivel that was delivered. it could've been even more, shall we say, non-committal, and still served the need to acknowledge his passing.

Honestly both Trump's and the one Ex-ref wrote read similarly to me. Six of one half-dozen of another.

They both follow fairly standard forms.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12053
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RIP, sir. A courageous American.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12353
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/18/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A most remarkable man, who exemplified the nobility of service to his country despite the adversities he faced, along with high standards of honesty and integrity.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/19 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote












_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/24/19 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote



















_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 10009



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="606" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bAdNaeFl5H8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/bAdNaeFl5H8



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16695
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
<embed><iframe width="606" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bAdNaeFl5H8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/bAdNaeFl5H8


that's what you get, mofo. don't even try to front.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin