RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

West Coast Conference
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elsie

PostPosted: 03/14/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

losing your starting pg plus your 6th man player who had 19 points in the previous game is a lot to overcome....

to add insult to injury, Lisa Fortier was called off the court due to a family tragedy...her young kid brother..only 16....had some kind of cardiac event and they pronounced his death last evening.....he had a hx of MS......

byu plays dirty ball , are trained floppers.....hope they go no where......Hamson grabbing everybody out there and no calls......

elsie

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zags have 4 freaking losses.....one loss with two top players out with little notice.......besides two pac 12 teams they've also beat rutgers, unlv, missouri state and and a host of other teams....besides playing ND and were not slaughtered...they have been ranked high and deserve a good seed......

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/15/19 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
losing your starting pg plus your 6th man player who had 19 points in the previous game is a lot to overcome....

to add insult to injury, Lisa Fortier was called off the court due to a family tragedy...her young kid brother..only 16....had some kind of cardiac event and they pronounced his death last evening.....he had a hx of MS......

byu plays dirty ball , are trained floppers.....hope they go no where......Hamson grabbing everybody out there and no calls......

Never liked BYU, never will. I hope they lose in the first round.

PostPosted: 03/15/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
Zags have 4 freaking losses.....one loss with two top players out with little notice.......besides two pac 12 teams they've also beat rutgers, unlv, missouri state and and a host of other teams....besides playing ND and were not slaughtered...they have been ranked high and deserve a good seed......

The Zags are a good team, but how good is a question. My point is that if you look at their season they beat Stanford (a great win) and Rutgers (a good win). Their next best wins are over St Mary's and Missouri St, and when they beat Missouri St the Bears were 1-6. The good news for Gonzaga is that by the grace of the RPI, BYU (who they lost to 3 times) climbed to 25 and St Mary's (who they beat 3 times) climbed to 49. Those rankings mean that Gonzaga is 5-4 versus the top 50 and 1-4 against the top 25. With these numbers Gonzaga will likely be a 6 seed (and possibly a 5), but if those teams were each 2 spots lower the Zags would only be 2-4 (top 50) and 1-1 (top 25). That would be an 8.

While I agree that the loss of Stockton and the other player for the final was big it is equally true that Gonzaga lost to the same team twice before AND that they could have easily lost the game to St Mary's in the semis as the Gaels had 2 shots to win, both in regulation and the first overtime. I have long rooted for Gonzaga and hope they do well but this is not one of their better teams.

On a separate note I didn't see the flopping or grabbing that you referenced. I actually thought that Gonzaga got the best of the calls against St Mary's and the BYU was quite balanced. The crowd certainly didn't see it that way, but it was the equivalent of a home game for the Zags. Great fan showing for your team and a great environment for women's basketball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: