RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BIG 12 tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/09/19 7:33 pm    ::: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

God bless the ref who just called a travel on Iowa St #33 on her 3-pt shot bunny hop. The kid was stunned, asked 'what did I do?!", the ref did the hop, and caught an earful from Hedgehog Fennelly, who stuck his index finger in the air and said "That's the 1st time all year, 1st time all year!"

I wish that violation would be called as often as it occurs, which is quite often.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/09/19 7:47 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

Late flurry has ISU up 30-20, end 1st H.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/09/19 9:40 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
God bless the ref who just called a travel on Iowa St #33 on her 3-pt shot bunny hop. The kid was stunned, asked 'what did I do?!", the ref did the hop, and caught an earful from Hedgehog Fennelly, who stuck his index finger in the air and said "That's the 1st time all year, 1st time all year!"

I wish that violation would be called as often as it occurs, which is quite often.

yeah, I think there are a lot of bunny hops before threes. Either make it legal, or call it. I don't really care which.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/09/19 9:52 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

TCU 18 TEX 13 end 1

Typical texas

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/09/19 11:30 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
TCU 18 TEX 13 end 1

Typical texas

Texas really ain't all THAT.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoping the Texas-Iowa State game today is better than these earlier games.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:38 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
TCU 18 TEX 13 end 1

Typical texas

Texas really ain't all THAT.

Really kind of sad that a team that was in the top 10 early on is now a complete afterthought, and probably only remains ranked thanks to name and inertia.

It's not as if they lack talented players.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K-State started out hot but Baylor seems to have figured them out. Jayhawks staying tough but 10 points down with 3 minutes left in the half.

Not a fan of either team but much less a fan of Kim and Baylor and only root for them in extreme circumstances.

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
K-State started out hot but Baylor seems to have figured them out. Jayhawks staying tough but 10 points down with 3 minutes left in the half.

Not a fan of either team but much less a fan of Kim and Baylor and only root for them in extreme circumstances.

makes it hard when you want both teams to lose, eh? I find that sometimes too. Then I try to just cheer for the good plays.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

T on Mittie was pure BS. Richards was clearly dragging the K-State player and the official called it wrong. Officials have been helping Baylor all game. Confused

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing to do with the game, but Kim seriously needs a makeup consultant. She is starting to look like Nosferatu. *shudder*

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty funny. Without naming him, obvious that Big12 Fox1 announcers are not happy about Creme's bracketology showing WVU and TCU out of the field.

"The Committee looks at different things than prognosticators. WVU and TCU will both win games in the NCAA tournament."

Way to pump the party line.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Pretty funny. Without naming him, obvious that Big12 Fox1 announcers are not happy about Creme's bracketology showing WVU and TCU out of the field.

"The Committee looks at different things than prognosticators. WVU and TCU will both win games in the NCAA tournament."

At least they both have winning conference records, unlike Tenn who he has become a pimp for.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“Big win” for Baylor? Um, no. It was a win over a team they’re clearly superior to, by a large margin. That doesn’t make it a “ big win” unless you’re talking about the margin of victory.

Gotta admire the fight in the K-State kids, though. No give-up in them!

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

At least they both have winning conference records, unlike Tenn who he has become a pimp for.

It's because non-conference counts for something, and Tennessee beat tourney teams Texas and Clemson in non-conference (even if beating Texas shouldn't count for anything), and while they may both be better than Tennessee, TCU & especially West Virginia wrecked their RPI/SOS by playing almost nothing but high school JV teams non-conference and lost to the rare decent/good teams they did play.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

It's because non-conference counts for something, and Tennessee beat tourney teams Texas and Clemson in non-conference (even if beating Texas shouldn't count for anything), and while they may both be better than Tennessee, TCU & especially West Virginia wrecked their RPI/SOS by playing almost nothing but high school JV teams non-conference and lost to the rare decent/good teams they did play.

BTW, TCU lost to Texas three times. TCU also played ONE team OOC with an RPI less than 139, and they lost (BYU). Their non-conf SOS is a whopping 329.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ISU bombing threes as usual.
I think White and Holmes have both gotten into worse shape as the season has worn on.
And why not have Sug drive and dish to one of them? They clearly have the 'bigness' advantage inside.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so disappointed in the lack of development of Holmes, but, given Aston is proving to be a disappointing coach, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tejas making it a game

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pretty exciting ending to this one. ISU holding on. But they won't have any legs tomorrow.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the lack of development of Holmes, but, given Aston is proving to be a disappointing coach, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Then again, maybe JH isn't too smart. Why make that an alley-oop when all she had to do was catch and go up strong. Was the 2 seconds max saving worth making the shot25x more difficult? smh

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Then again, maybe JH isn't too smart. Why make that an alley-oop when all she had to do was catch and go up strong. Was the 2 seconds max saving worth making the shot25x more difficult? smh

I've noticed a lot of 'not so smart' play from her in various games. She has lots of talent, but yeah, you don't want her to have to make decisions for your team, and she clearly doesn't take getting into shape seriously either.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:30 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Silly me, that was Middleton.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

I've noticed a lot of 'not so smart' play from her in various games. She has lots of talent, but yeah, you don't want her to have to make decisions for your team, and she clearly doesn't take getting into shape seriously either.

All true, and thus the disappointment. Such potential a couple of yrs ago. Sadly, never to be realized, apprently.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/11/19 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
All true, and thus the disappointment. Such potential a couple of yrs ago. Sadly, never to be realized, apprently.

Joyner Holmes has had a checkered college careet so far. Suspended for a semester, injuries, and a tendency to make shots harder than they need to be. But she's got a senior season ahead in which that potential may be reached.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/01/18/podcast-texas-forward-joyner-holmes-love-loss-basketball/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: