RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

BIG 12 tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/19 7:33 pm    ::: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

God bless the ref who just called a travel on Iowa St #33 on her 3-pt shot bunny hop. The kid was stunned, asked 'what did I do?!", the ref did the hop, and caught an earful from Hedgehog Fennelly, who stuck his index finger in the air and said "That's the 1st time all year, 1st time all year!"


I wish that violation would be called as often as it occurs, which is quite often.


huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/19 7:47 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

Late flurry has ISU up 30-20, end 1st H.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/19 9:40 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
God bless the ref who just called a travel on Iowa St #33 on her 3-pt shot bunny hop. The kid was stunned, asked 'what did I do?!", the ref did the hop, and caught an earful from Hedgehog Fennelly, who stuck his index finger in the air and said "That's the 1st time all year, 1st time all year!"


I wish that violation would be called as often as it occurs, which is quite often.


yeah, I think there are a lot of bunny hops before threes. Either make it legal, or call it. I don't really care which.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/19 9:52 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

TCU 18 TEX 13 end 1

Typical texas


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/19 11:30 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
TCU 18 TEX 13 end 1

Typical texas


Texas really ain't all THAT.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoping the Texas-Iowa State game today is better than these earlier games.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13230



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:38 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
TCU 18 TEX 13 end 1

Typical texas


Texas really ain't all THAT.


Really kind of sad that a team that was in the top 10 early on is now a complete afterthought, and probably only remains ranked thanks to name and inertia.

It's not as if they lack talented players.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5111
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K-State started out hot but Baylor seems to have figured them out. Jayhawks staying tough but 10 points down with 3 minutes left in the half.

Not a fan of either team but much less a fan of Kim and Baylor and only root for them in extreme circumstances.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
K-State started out hot but Baylor seems to have figured them out. Jayhawks staying tough but 10 points down with 3 minutes left in the half.

Not a fan of either team but much less a fan of Kim and Baylor and only root for them in extreme circumstances.


makes it hard when you want both teams to lose, eh? I find that sometimes too. Then I try to just cheer for the good plays.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5111
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

T on Mittie was pure BS. Richards was clearly dragging the K-State player and the official called it wrong. Officials have been helping Baylor all game. Confused



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5111
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing to do with the game, but Kim seriously needs a makeup consultant. She is starting to look like Nosferatu. *shudder*



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13230



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty funny. Without naming him, obvious that Big12 Fox1 announcers are not happy about Creme's bracketology showing WVU and TCU out of the field.

"The Committee looks at different things than prognosticators. WVU and TCU will both win games in the NCAA tournament."

Way to pump the party line.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Pretty funny. Without naming him, obvious that Big12 Fox1 announcers are not happy about Creme's bracketology showing WVU and TCU out of the field.

"The Committee looks at different things than prognosticators. WVU and TCU will both win games in the NCAA tournament."

Way to pump the party line.


At least they both have winning conference records, unlike Tenn who he has become a pimp for.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5111
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“Big win” for Baylor? Um, no. It was a win over a team they’re clearly superior to, by a large margin. That doesn’t make it a “ big win” unless you’re talking about the margin of victory.

Gotta admire the fight in the K-State kids, though. No give-up in them!



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3644
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Pretty funny. Without naming him, obvious that Big12 Fox1 announcers are not happy about Creme's bracketology showing WVU and TCU out of the field.

"The Committee looks at different things than prognosticators. WVU and TCU will both win games in the NCAA tournament."

Way to pump the party line.


At least they both have winning conference records, unlike Tenn who he has become a pimp for.


It's because non-conference counts for something, and Tennessee beat tourney teams Texas and Clemson in non-conference (even if beating Texas shouldn't count for anything), and while they may both be better than Tennessee, TCU & especially West Virginia wrecked their RPI/SOS by playing almost nothing but high school JV teams non-conference and lost to the rare decent/good teams they did play.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13230



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Pretty funny. Without naming him, obvious that Big12 Fox1 announcers are not happy about Creme's bracketology showing WVU and TCU out of the field.

"The Committee looks at different things than prognosticators. WVU and TCU will both win games in the NCAA tournament."

Way to pump the party line.


At least they both have winning conference records, unlike Tenn who he has become a pimp for.


It's because non-conference counts for something, and Tennessee beat tourney teams Texas and Clemson in non-conference (even if beating Texas shouldn't count for anything), and while they may both be better than Tennessee, TCU & especially West Virginia wrecked their RPI/SOS by playing almost nothing but high school JV teams non-conference and lost to the rare decent/good teams they did play.


BTW, TCU lost to Texas three times. TCU also played ONE team OOC with an RPI less than 139, and they lost (BYU). Their non-conf SOS is a whopping 329.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ISU bombing threes as usual.
I think White and Holmes have both gotten into worse shape as the season has worn on.
And why not have Sug drive and dish to one of them? They clearly have the 'bigness' advantage inside.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so disappointed in the lack of development of Holmes, but, given Aston is proving to be a disappointing coach, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tejas making it a game



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pretty exciting ending to this one. ISU holding on. But they won't have any legs tomorrow.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the lack of development of Holmes, but, given Aston is proving to be a disappointing coach, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.


Then again, maybe JH isn't too smart. Why make that an alley-oop when all she had to do was catch and go up strong. Was the 2 seconds max saving worth making the shot25x more difficult? smh


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24401



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the lack of development of Holmes, but, given Aston is proving to be a disappointing coach, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.


Then again, maybe JH isn't too smart. Why make that an alley-oop when all she had to do was catch and go up strong. Was the 2 seconds max saving worth making the shot25x more difficult? smh


I've noticed a lot of 'not so smart' play from her in various games. She has lots of talent, but yeah, you don't want her to have to make decisions for your team, and she clearly doesn't take getting into shape seriously either.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:30 pm    ::: Re: BIG 12 tournament Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
God bless the ref who just called a travel on Iowa St #33 on her 3-pt shot bunny hop. The kid was stunned, asked 'what did I do?!", the ref did the hop, and caught an earful from Hedgehog Fennelly, who stuck his index finger in the air and said "That's the 1st time all year, 1st time all year!"


I wish that violation would be called as often as it occurs, which is quite often.


Silly me, that was Middleton.


huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 484
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
I'm so disappointed in the lack of development of Holmes, but, given Aston is proving to be a disappointing coach, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.


Then again, maybe JH isn't too smart. Why make that an alley-oop when all she had to do was catch and go up strong. Was the 2 seconds max saving worth making the shot25x more difficult? smh


I've noticed a lot of 'not so smart' play from her in various games. She has lots of talent, but yeah, you don't want her to have to make decisions for your team, and she clearly doesn't take getting into shape seriously either.


All true, and thus the disappointment. Such potential a couple of yrs ago. Sadly, never to be realized, apprently.


Carol Anne



Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 1563
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/19 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
All true, and thus the disappointment. Such potential a couple of yrs ago. Sadly, never to be realized, apprently.

Joyner Holmes has had a checkered college careet so far. Suspended for a semester, injuries, and a tendency to make shots harder than they need to be. But she's got a senior season ahead in which that potential may be reached.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/01/18/podcast-texas-forward-joyner-holmes-love-loss-basketball/


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin