RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East Tournament 03/09-03/12
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 8:48 am    ::: Big East Tournament 03/09-03/12 Reply Reply with quote

The BET at Wintrust Arena in Chicago starts today with the 8/9 and 7/10 games. These games are on the BEDN and can be seen via FoxSportsGo - https://www.foxsportsgo.com/

The quarterfinals will be on FS2 tomorrow, the semifinals on Mon and final on Tue will be on FS1.

Today's games:

9 St John's vs. 8 Seton Hall 3P EST

10 Xavier vs. 7 Providence 5:30P EST

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A back and forth game so far - St. John's leads Seton Hall 38-34 at halftime.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's wins easily 76-51 and now Marquette gets to face one of the teams they have a lot of trouble with at 1P Eastern tomorrow.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Providence beat Xavier 70-62 and it was their first Big East Tournament victory since 2001. That's the good news for them - the bad news is now they have to face DePaul who is playing on their home court and has an 8 game winning streak.

The games today - all on FS2 are:

9. St. John's vs. 1. Marquette - 1P EST

5. Villanova vs. 4. Georgetown - 3:30P EST

7. Providence vs. 2. DePaul - 7P EST

6. Creighton vs. 3. Butler - 9:30P EST

I'm super nervous for Marquette's game today against St. John's. Even at full strength Marquette has a lot of trouble against them and now Davenport is out. I thought I was going to have to wait until the game to hear about Danielle King's status (she was carried off in their game at Creighton with an injury and didn't play their last regular season game and MU had refused to comment on her status this week). But I just saw a tweet from an MU student newspaper reporter that she's active today - woo hoo!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big East website vent - how can you not have live stats links for the Tournament games? Marquette didn't have a link on their site either - finally found a link on the St. John's website.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far so good for Marquette Smile. Marquette is leading St. John's 40-19 at halftime. Hiedeman is leading them in scoring and already has 10 rebounds. I'm not sure how many points she really has though as I'm pretty sure the stats credited her with a 3 that Amani Wilborn made.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

King just came up lame but it didn't look too awful - hopefully she's ok...

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette wins this one easily 88-57. Hiedeman led the way with a double-double - 20 points and 13 rebounds. Blockton scored a bunch of points in the 2nd half and ended up with 17 points - that should help get her on track hopefully for the next game. King came back in the game after going out with injury so that was good news for MU.

They'll face the winner of Georgetown-Villanova in the semifinals tomorrow. Marquette had a much easier time against Villanova this season than Georgetown.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess you didn't have to worry.

Good for Marquette. A couple more impressive wins and maybe they'll solidify their claim
to be a host.

Lots of fans of bubble teams rooting for them, that's for sure. Wouldn't want a BE bid stealer.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Guess you didn't have to worry.

Good for Marquette. A couple more impressive wins and maybe they'll solidify their claim
to be a host.

Lots of fans of bubble teams rooting for them, that's for sure. Wouldn't want a BE bid stealer.

Yeah well the way they played in the last month I had a good reason to worry. Today was the best they'd played in a long time. I'm not sure they still have a chance to host but it would be nice to see them win the BET and put forth their best effort right now. The Butler loss is really bugging me about now - they had a great chance to win that one and let it slip away. But that was the game Davenport got hurt and I think everyone was pretty shook up by that.

I'm hoping for a Marquette-DePaul BET final for the third year in a row with an outcome like the one in 2017 - not like 2018 Smile. And if it's those two teams again in the final, it won't be a bid stealer as both of them are going dancing no matter what.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A bit more offense than I expected so far in this quarterfinal - Villanova held a slim 42-38 halftime lead.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4 seed Georgetown wins 76-67 and will face 1 seed Marquette at 4P EST tomorrow in the first BET semifinal on FS1.

DePaul-Providence is the next quarterfinal at 7P EST.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depaul easily defeats Providence 85-60 which was no surprise.

I think the Butler-Creighton game may be a good one but not sure I'll be able to stay awake for all of it Smile

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Creighton-Butler game is a good one so far with Creighton holding a 29-27 halftime lead.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least the ESPN2 coverage today covered other Women's games at halftime. The FS2 halftime coverage today for the BET has been a preview of the Men's Tournament - pretty annoying...

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
At least the ESPN2 coverage today covered other Women's games at halftime. The FS2 halftime coverage today for the BET has been a preview of the Men's Tournament - pretty annoying...

The FS1 B12 coversage was about how great the B12 is and about all the teams that should be getting bids. It was like going to a comedy club.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And they just came back from a commercial late and we missed a Creighton bucket. Can we please actually see the game???

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/19 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6 seed Creighton was the only upset in the quarterfinals as they beat Butler 60-51.

The schedule for the semifinals on Mon 3/11:

1 Marquette vs. 4 Georgetown on FS1 at 4P EST

2 DePaul vs. 6 Creighton on FS1 at 6:30P EST

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a game of runs today between Marquette and Georgetown. Marquette is leading 66-48 with 7:12 to go in the game. But Hiedeman appeared to do something to her ankle and just had to get subbed out Sad.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgetown made me sweat it out big time with never giving up and making some big runs. But Marquette survives and advances to the BET final for the third straight year with a 75-62 win.

It's kind of nice to have the last two BE POY's on your roster Smile - Blockton and Hiedeman both had 23 points and Blockton added 10 rebounds for a double-double.

I'm guessing it will be a MU-DePaul final for the third straight year as they have won 9 in a row and will be out for revenge after losing at home to Creighton to open BE play. That game is at 6:30P EST on FS1.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good game between DePaul and Creighton - it’s tied at 58 with 7:30 to go in the game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul v. Marquette tomorrow. Should be a good one.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/19 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Heideman's hair. It's like totally unique, kinda like Paris Kea, but not exactly. It's just fun to see a little personality. Rice's blue hair I'm not so fond of...it reminds me of a blue pom pom. But hey, it is unique!

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
DePaul v. Marquette tomorrow. Should be a good one.

I'm having a sense of deja vu but hoping it's more like 2017 deja vu than 2018 deja vu Smile. This is the third straight year these two teams will meet for the BET title. Marquette is out for revenge after DePaul blew them out in last year's final and DePaul is out for revenge after losing to MU twice this season and also because this is the first year since conference realignment that DePaul hasn't won outright or shared the regular season BE title.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I love Heideman's hair. It's like totally unique, kinda like Paris Kea, but not exactly. It's just fun to see a little personality. Rice's blue hair I'm not so fond of...it reminds me of a blue pom pom. But hey, it is unique!

Hiedeman had braids for the game at DePaul and just didn't seem her self without her usual hair Smile. I saw someone on Gonzaga today that I'd say would have to give Hiedeman a run for her money on the hair - she had blue hair...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: