RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

P12 tourney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19266



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty insulting programming if you axe me


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25032



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you don't find axe-throwing fascinating? Razz



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 461



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Just to put things in perspective, here on the east coast the P12 final is being followed on ESPN by the World Ax Throwing Championships. I remember when ESPN was little more than niche sports.


I thought they'd have a wrap-up show with Creme discussing the impact of the Iowa and Stanford wins and instead they're throwing tomahawks.


The Notre Dame win also probably means something too as far as placement. I mean, I can’t see the Irish going west now, so Louisville and Oregon get to go to Portland? After today, the top 8 are pretty solid. I guess if you’re Iowa, you’d rather play Baylor than Notre Dame, but I’m not sure the matchups are all that much better.

We should ship Stanford to Albany, but I don’t know if Stanford is over State on the curve at this point. Watch UCF win to throw a wrench in it all.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5577



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
you don't find axe-throwing fascinating? Razz



Hey, they have bad officiating too!!! Very Happy



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1162



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And this feels so GOOD Very Happy


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Just to put things in perspective, here on the east coast the P12 final is being followed on ESPN by the World Ax Throwing Championships. I remember when ESPN was little more than niche sports.


I thought they'd have a wrap-up show with Creme discussing the impact of the Iowa and Stanford wins and instead they're throwing tomahawks.


The Notre Dame win also probably means something too as far as placement. I mean, I can’t see the Irish going west now, so Louisville and Oregon get to go to Portland? After today, the top 8 are pretty solid. I guess if you’re Iowa, you’d rather play Baylor than Notre Dame, but I’m not sure the matchups are all that much better.

We should ship Stanford to Albany, but I don’t know if Stanford is over State on the curve at this point. Watch UCF win to throw a wrench in it all.


I doubt LVille and Oregon both go to Portland because both are likely now 2 seeds.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11923
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, YEEEE-HA!

That was a totally interesting game, imo, if not an overly pretty one. Kudos to Tara & Co. I had no doubt she well might wreak revenge on The Ducks. (Still don't know whatever happened in Maples a month ago.... Shocked )

Yeah, Ducks NOT their best, and even with full credit to Stanford's excellent defense, they were just off, offensively. If they play like this over the next weeks, they'll be lucky to get to the EE.

One thing that puzzles me re: Oregon's defense: yeah, they've 'improved'---and I understand their depth limitations/all the consecutive games played this week--but even during the season....WHY DON'T THEY HAVE ANY KIND OF PRESS OPTION? More puzzling to me than their loss to MI-State was their win over MS-State--Vic the D-guru lost to the Ducks....??

Speaking of Vic....of all the conference tournament games played, right now MS-State looks to be one of maybe 3 *locks* on the NC. Baylor just doesn't have it, imo. Kalani looks too soft, imo, and they're just not as 'amazing' me as they should be, as a #1 overall.

IFF Tara can sustain this momentum, she's certainly in the running, too. But....that's all the madness of March....this year's Big Dance is gonna be REEEAL interesting.

Coyotes wrote:
I loved Shannon’s bucket. As an aside, Shannon signed the star spangled banner. A huge plus for a dead guy like me. So excited to be here in person!

Oh, myy....you're posting quite well from "The Other Side" Razz Laughing



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!


Last edited by Howee on 03/10/19 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Just to put things in perspective, here on the east coast the P12 final is being followed on ESPN by the World Ax Throwing Championships. I remember when ESPN was little more than niche sports.


I thought they'd have a wrap-up show with Creme discussing the impact of the Iowa and Stanford wins and instead they're throwing tomahawks.


The Notre Dame win also probably means something too as far as placement. I mean, I can’t see the Irish going west now, so Louisville and Oregon get to go to Portland? After today, the top 8 are pretty solid. I guess if you’re Iowa, you’d rather play Baylor than Notre Dame, but I’m not sure the matchups are all that much better.

We should ship Stanford to Albany, but I don’t know if Stanford is over State on the curve at this point. Watch UCF win to throw a wrench in it all.


This is what Creme tweeted a few minutes ago:

"Some ups and downs to Championship Sunday on the 1-line. Now the top seeds are Baylor, Notre Dame, UConn, and Mississippi St. The 2’s: Louisville, Oregon, Stanford, Iowa.
"


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3735
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I doubt LVille and Oregon both go to Portland because both are likely now 2 seeds.


I personally think Louisville should be the worst #1 seed and Mississippi St top #2 seed. Mississippi St is 0-1 against teams that are projected to be Top 3 seeds so basically they would be given a higher seed than Louisville only because they didn't lose multiple times to a top team like Louisville did to Notre Dame because they didn't play any of them except Oregon once.


acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 683



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there any reason why Louisville and MSU are never predicted in the same region if its between them for the last 1 seed? Is it because of the Oregon-Portland, ND-Chicago, UConn-Albany, and Baylor- Greensboro principle?

What I would do (makes too much sense)-

Greensboro- Louisville (4)-MSU (5)
Albany-UConn (3)-Stanford (6)
Portland- ND (2)-Oregon (7)
Chicago- Baylor (1)-Iowa 8

or

Greensboro- Baylor-Iowa
Chicago- ND-MSU
Albany- UConn-Stanford
Portland- Louisville-Oregon

Not sure you can justify putting the weakest 1 with Oregon anymore as I'd move them to 7 on the CURVE.


CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 713
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Every time I see that Lion, I think it's wearing a diaper.


Me too!


CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 713
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
she hasn't played Wilson this many minutes all year, and for good reason. I guess she doesn't trust her Freshmen in the final, but they have been a huge part of Stanford's season.


You mean you're not impressed with her 1-7 chuck-a-rama?

Most of them were bad decisions before they were bad shots.


not just that. The Hulls have been really good defenders on the perimeter, as well as only taking shots they have good chances to make. That's why it was so puzzling. I hope its not what Tara does in the next games.

Anyway, phew. a win is a win.


In this game I think Wilson was more effective on defense than the Hulls. She was using her quickness and smaller size to get through screens and stay in front, without fouling. On offense I don't disagree with the criticism.


CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 713
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/19 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

One thing that puzzles me re: Oregon's defense: yeah, they've 'improved'---and I understand their depth limitations/all the consecutive games played this week--but even during the season....WHY DON'T THEY HAVE ANY KIND OF PRESS OPTION?


Oregon doesn't seem well suited to press. They are big, not very speedy, and have a short bench (thus needing to conserve energy and fouls). Pressing is usually an equalizer for a small, scrappy, and less skilled team against a bigger opponent.

I think Stanford could have torched a press today with their team speed and ball handling.

Oregon is scary in a 3-2 zone, though. They killed Stanford with that in the regular season win. It is hard to get the ball inside against those long armed defenders.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/19 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest problem was that they couldn't hit the 3. In the first game the Ducks were 12-16, today they were 6-22. While I take nothing away from the Stanford defense, they were able to stay in it because Oregon couldn't hit their outside shots. Oregon, like Oregon St 2 nights earlier, lost because their 3-point shot deserted them.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25032



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/19 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
The biggest problem was that they couldn't hit the 3. In the first game the Ducks were 12-16, today they were 6-22. While I take nothing away from the Stanford defense, they were able to stay in it because Oregon couldn't hit their outside shots. Oregon, like Oregon St 2 nights earlier, lost because their 3-point shot deserted them.


kinda attribute that to fatigue, and something seems a bit off about Satou.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 713
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/19 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
The biggest problem was that they couldn't hit the 3. In the first game the Ducks were 12-16, today they were 6-22. While I take nothing away from the Stanford defense, they were able to stay in it because Oregon couldn't hit their outside shots. Oregon, like Oregon St 2 nights earlier, lost because their 3-point shot deserted them.


kinda attribute that to fatigue, and something seems a bit off about Satou.


I think the Oregon looks from 3 tended to be less open in this game than in the blowout at Maples. They did miss some wide open ones this time, though.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2538



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/19 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Absolutely, and we decided to move and keep moving snd they don't like to move on defense, in Maples we just stood around and et them stand on defense. I would have liked D to attack them even more but it was a great game plan. I hadn't slept for 2 days, so it made it even sweeter Laughing Cool



_________________
"White privilege is unseen by white pompous asses"
Feelings, nothing more than feelings...
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin