RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

P12 tourney
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 1:14 pm    ::: P12 tourney Reply Reply with quote

Currently ASU-OrSU. Should be an interesting game.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 424



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 1:17 pm    ::: Re: P12 tourney Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Currently ASU-OrSU. Should be an interesting game.


I think it's ASU-Colorado up first.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 1:19 pm    ::: Re: P12 tourney Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Currently ASU-OrSU. Should be an interesting game.


I think it's ASU-Colorado up first.



oops. you're right. I was just flipping channels and the P12 channel has an old game on...



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 424



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 1:27 pm    ::: Re: P12 tourney Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Currently ASU-OrSU. Should be an interesting game.


I think it's ASU-Colorado up first.



oops. you're right. I was just flipping channels and the P12 channel has an old game on...


At least you didn't mistake the replay of the initial Stanford-Cal game for today's tourney game. Laughing


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 1:47 pm    ::: Re: P12 tourney Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Currently ASU-OrSU. Should be an interesting game.


I think it's ASU-Colorado up first.



oops. you're right. I was just flipping channels and the P12 channel has an old game on...


At least you didn't mistake the replay of the initial Stanford-Cal game for today's tourney game. Laughing


maybe the second one? Laughing



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2493



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas baby.



_________________
"White privilege is unseen by white pompous asses"
Feelings, nothing more than feelings...
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3497
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 3:38 pm    ::: Re: P12 tourney Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Currently ASU-OrSU. Should be an interesting game.


I think it's ASU-Colorado up first.



oops. you're right. I was just flipping channels and the P12 channel has an old game on...


At least you didn't mistake the replay of the initial Stanford-Cal game for today's tourney game. Laughing


maybe the second one? Laughing


No DEFINITELY the first one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU- Colorado. I came close to taking the under in this game. My finger poised on it, but couldn't quite do it. At this point, it looks like it wouldn't have been a bad idea. End of third. 40-43.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2493



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What were the odds?



_________________
"White privilege is unseen by white pompous asses"
Feelings, nothing more than feelings...
patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2109
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Bruin fan monitoring the CU/ASU game, I would've loved for this to be a Colorado upset, but my next-highest hope was that the Buffs would at least push the Sun Devils and make a game of it. The first thing didn't happen, but the game was generally competitive into the fourth quarter, and ASU had to play all of its starters for their typical minutes (rather than resting them for most of the 2nd half or something), so hooray for that. Of course, CTT always goes so deep into her bench, even typical starter minutes aren't all that many for the Devils. But fingers crossed that my Bruins will be maybe-possibly slightly more fresh tomorrow than their ASU counterparts.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
What were the odds?
the over/under was 121.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 586
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow Arizona up by 20 and the Moore's a combined 1-18 so far into the 3's Quarter.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Wow Arizona up by 20 and the Moore's a combined 1-18 so far into the 3's Quarter.


I wasn't watching it but yeah, very surprising. I've always like Adia and she at least has Arizona moving in the right direction.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2361



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty surprised Arizona crushed USC like that


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2109
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Pretty surprised Arizona crushed USC like that


Yes, I am too.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11650
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal is barely getting by Wazzou so far in the 3rd....using ONLY 6 PLAYERS THUS FAR-- Shocked If they pull out the win, that doesn't bode well for their players' long haul in the next game.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Cal is barely getting by Wazzou so far in the 3rd....using ONLY 6 PLAYERS THUS FAR-- Shocked If they pull out the win, that doesn't bode well for their players' long haul in the next game.


oh darn! Wink



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11650
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:
Cal is barely getting by Wazzou so far in the 3rd....using ONLY 6 PLAYERS THUS FAR-- Shocked If they pull out the win, that doesn't bode well for their players' long haul in the next game.


oh darn! Wink


Why, Myrtle....you disingenuous, irreverent Stanfordite! That's just not LIKE yo.....oh, yeah....IT IS! Shocked Razz Laughing



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 424



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/19 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:
Cal is barely getting by Wazzou so far in the 3rd....using ONLY 6 PLAYERS THUS FAR-- Shocked If they pull out the win, that doesn't bode well for their players' long haul in the next game.


oh darn! Wink


Why, Myrtle....you disingenuous, irreverent Stanfordite! That's just not LIKE yo.....oh, yeah....IT IS! Shocked Razz Laughing


I have plans to be at the game tomorrow. Stanford is 2-2 all time in games that I have been present at, with 2 being in Storrs, and 2 occurring in Boulder. So, some Stanford nerd should calculate the odds of winning factored in with the strengths of the teams they played in those contests, my terrible luck, combined with a neutral territory in Vegas. It'll be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow, it's a short turnaround for Cal, so, we shall see how they do.


acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 626



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/19 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mary Murphy- "Look at these Huskies!"

What a call!


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2109
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/19 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad night for Huff to go cold, if you're a Ute fan. She shot 49% on the season, but tonight she shot just 20%... and against a team which was (statistically) the worst defensive team in the Pac-12 this season. I feel bad for her because she's clearly a very special player, but sometimes your shots just don't fall, and this was such a time.

Also, this is neither here nor there, but I only happened to've seen the Utes play twice this season (including tonight), and in both of those games their little #10, Gylten, took an obvious flop. I'm sure she's a wonderful human being and a great ballplayer too, but that's the sort of crap that makes me hate a player. Not that she'd care-- she *shouldn't* care-- but I'm probably gonna be rooting against her all the time now, just on account of that, 'cause I'm just that petty.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems a little unfair here. OrSU plays Washington while Stanford gets Cal.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 424



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/19 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Seems a little unfair here. OrSU plays Washington while Stanford gets Cal.


If seeds had held, OrSU would've gotten Utah. We can't really help that injuries just absolutely decimated the Utes......Stanford knows how they do at full strength. Trees get chopped.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5113
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Bad night for Huff to go cold, if you're a Ute fan. She shot 49% on the season, but tonight she shot just 20%... and against a team which was (statistically) the worst defensive team in the Pac-12 this season. I feel bad for her because she's clearly a very special player, but sometimes your shots just don't fall, and this was such a time.

Also, this is neither here nor there, but I only happened to've seen the Utes play twice this season (including tonight), and in both of those games their little #10, Gylten, took an obvious flop. I'm sure she's a wonderful human being and a great ballplayer too, but that's the sort of crap that makes me hate a player. Not that she'd care-- she *shouldn't* care-- but I'm probably gonna be rooting against her all the time now, just on account of that, 'cause I'm just that petty.


I’m with you. Didn’t see the game in question, but I detest flopping. In another thread, myrtle suggested it should be made a T, and I ‘m all for that!



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2493



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/08/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Bad night for Huff to go cold, if you're a Ute fan. She shot 49% on the season, but tonight she shot just 20%... and against a team which was (statistically) the worst defensive team in the Pac-12 this season. I feel bad for her because she's clearly a very special player, but sometimes your shots just don't fall, and this was such a time.

Also, this is neither here nor there, but I only happened to've seen the Utes play twice this season (including tonight), and in both of those games their little #10, Gylten, took an obvious flop. I'm sure she's a wonderful human being and a great ballplayer too, but that's the sort of crap that makes me hate a player. Not that she'd care-- she *shouldn't* care-- but I'm probably gonna be rooting against her all the time now, just on account of that, 'cause I'm just that petty.


Wel add Ionescu to your list as she was worse.



_________________
"White privilege is unseen by white pompous asses"
Feelings, nothing more than feelings...
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin