RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

P12 tourney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/08/19 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Japreece Dean just celebrated the news that she's been granted an additional year of eligibility by going HAM on the Sun Devils. UCLA doesn't advance to the semi's without her leadership and aggression.

I'm a happy Bruin fan, today.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/08/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Bad night for Huff to go cold, if you're a Ute fan. She shot 49% on the season, but tonight she shot just 20%... and against a team which was (statistically) the worst defensive team in the Pac-12 this season. I feel bad for her because she's clearly a very special player, but sometimes your shots just don't fall, and this was such a time.

Also, this is neither here nor there, but I only happened to've seen the Utes play twice this season (including tonight), and in both of those games their little #10, Gylten, took an obvious flop. I'm sure she's a wonderful human being and a great ballplayer too, but that's the sort of crap that makes me hate a player. Not that she'd care-- she *shouldn't* care-- but I'm probably gonna be rooting against her all the time now, just on account of that, 'cause I'm just that petty.

Wel add Ionescu to your list as she was worse.

Never personally seen Sabrina flop, though I'm not saying she doesn't. I'm just saying that I happened to catch Gylten do it in each of the two games I saw Utah play this season, and it's got me grumblin'. But whatevs. The world keeps spinning.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/08/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Japreece Dean just celebrated the news that she's been granted an additional year of eligibility by going HAM on the Sun Devils. UCLA doesn't advance to the semi's without her leadership and aggression.

I'm a happy Bruin fan, today.

Btw, UCLA hit not one single trey today... they went 0-for-4. In the contemporary hoops era, that doesn't usually translate into a win against a very strong opponent, but today it did. Yay for that!

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/08/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Bad night for Huff to go cold, if you're a Ute fan. She shot 49% on the season, but tonight she shot just 20%... and against a team which was (statistically) the worst defensive team in the Pac-12 this season. I feel bad for her because she's clearly a very special player, but sometimes your shots just don't fall, and this was such a time.

Also, this is neither here nor there, but I only happened to've seen the Utes play twice this season (including tonight), and in both of those games their little #10, Gylten, took an obvious flop. I'm sure she's a wonderful human being and a great ballplayer too, but that's the sort of crap that makes me hate a player. Not that she'd care-- she *shouldn't* care-- but I'm probably gonna be rooting against her all the time now, just on account of that, 'cause I'm just that petty.

Never personally seen Sabrina flop, though I'm not saying she doesn't. I'm just saying that I happened to catch Gylten do it in each of the two games I saw Utah play this season, and it's got me grumblin'. But whatevs. The world keeps spinning.

Oregon, while really good offensively, is terrible defending the perimeter. I hope ND and them are in the same region again. First team to 100 will win.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/19 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

Oregon, while really good offensively, is terrible defending the perimeter. I hope ND and them are in the same region again. First team to 100 will win.

We saw that regional final last season. Tbh i could use a shuffle of 1s and 2s this year. Maybe UCONN and Lou or ND in a regional final?

PostPosted: 03/08/19 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dude where were you for the Or St win, go read the game feed on here Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/08/19 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon got by Arizona 77-63, to set up a Ducks/Bruins semi-final match.

UCLA got 38 minutes of playing time out of its bench today and the Ducks got 37 minutes out of theirs, so both teams are basically equally fresh/taxed/whatever for tomorrow's game. It'll be a straight-up fight.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/08/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Coffee's three was the turning point for Stanford against Cal. They kept leaving her open and I kept saying 'shoot it' and she would pass off. About the sixth time, she finally shot and made a three, which was the start of a nice run.
And Anigwe looked exhausted, which helped.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 03/08/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I thought Coffee's three was the turning point for Stanford against Cal. They kept leaving her open and I kept saying 'shoot it' and she would pass off. About the sixth time, she finally shot and made a three, which was the start of a nice run.

Tough one to pull away....kudos to both! I really didn't think Cal had that much in 'em. (....speaking of "Cal", he hasn't given any insights yet Shocked)

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow. Huskies are going at it. I think Scottie has his head in a dark space. Like why has he been sitting Slocum? She was hot and he pulled her out to cool it off. Meanwhile Goodman can't hit anything and she's hoisting away.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beavers down by 6 with less than 2 min left....damn! That WASN'T part o' the plan, right?? Shocked

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington has tried to give it away with two really stupid plays in the last 30 seconds, but still have a last second chance to win.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well that was one heckuva ending....

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think it was coaching error. He was trying to get his scrubs too many minutes. Well congrats to the Huskies for pulling off a HUUUGE upset.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington hits a three with 2.3 left and the shooter drops to the ground and is jumped on by the other four players on the court. One of the bench players comes onto the court celebrating. But since there is still time on the clock they get a technical foul. I don't remember if they were ahead by 2 and OSU made 1 foul shot or they were ahead by 3 and OSU made 2. In any event, OSU had no timeouts and couldn't hit a long 3 attempt in the final 2.3 seconds.

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/09/19 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington was ahead by 3 and OSU made both foul shots. The thing is if the kid didn't come off the bench, no one was getting back on defense. OSU could have had an uncontested shot. Whether they would have had the presence of mind to go for 3 would have been interesting. I could see someone being tempted to go for the uncontested layup. Smile

PostPosted: 03/09/19 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=26202638&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/09/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW. Stunned to learn of this one. As soon as I did, I logged onto the PAC12 Networks and the Oregon one was replaying the game, and it was at the point when UW was inbounding to the winning 3.

The T nearly cost them- the Goodman 3 attempt fell about a foot short, but looked online.

Saw some highlights afterward- Beavs were down 5 with :33 left.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/09/19 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Dawgs on a really big win!

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Got me a nice cup of Coffee with Baileys right now, and I agree.

PostPosted: 03/09/19 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Oregon got by Arizona 77-63, to set up a Ducks/Bruins semi-final match.

UCLA got 38 minutes of playing time out of its bench today and the Ducks got 37 minutes out of theirs, so both teams are basically equally fresh/taxed/whatever for tomorrow's game. It'll be a straight-up fight.

Looking forward to this one, having a Bear Claw with my Coffee.

PostPosted: 03/09/19 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Pac 12 tournament featured some great basketball games yesterday but the move to Las Vegas has been very bad. I haven't been able to post from the games due to a ban on tablets. The venue has no water fountains and you are not allowed to bring in water bottles. You can pay $5 for a small bottle, so if you think you might die of dehydration I guess you can be saved. The first day there were no programs despite tremendous griping. Actually a few were available for press but none for the fans. I saw someone hand out about 10 but ran out and said she didn't have anymore. The management of the tournament is more appropriate of a junior high school Tournament than one of the top colleges.

Next year they move to the Mandalay Bay so perhaps it will be better run, but since it is owned by the same co pany.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah but they have blackjack and texas holdem Laughing

PostPosted: 03/09/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
The Pac 12 tournament featured some great basketball games yesterday but the move to Las Vegas has been very bad. I haven't been able to post from the games due to a ban on tablets. The venue has no water fountains and you are not allowed to bring in water bottles. You can pay $5 for a small bottle, so if you think you might die of dehydration I guess you can be saved. The first day there were no programs despite tremendous griping. Actually a few were available for press but none for the fans. I saw someone hand out about 10 but ran out and said she didn't have anymore. The management of the tournament is more appropriate of a junior high school Tournament than one of the top colleges.

Next year they move to the Mandalay Bay so perhaps it will be better run, but since it is owned by the same co pany.

Hopefully Debbie Antonelli sees your post.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think she cares, she just likes to sound off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: