RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

P12 2-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She gave #33 (doing my JPM impression) a bit of a shove after committing her 5th foul, but she wasn't in her face. Not sure how to interpret that. She threw her bottle and stormed off at least to the runway- pretty lame, no matter how it's interpreted.

She was in the line though, at least.

Avoiding the presser is VERY lame. Even Howie can't splain that one away. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/23/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
toad455 wrote:
does Oregon remain a #1 seed?

No, not if the season were to end today. They were up 22 on their home court to a team they had previously beaten by 20.

This loss had nothing to do with Hebard being out.

I would disagree with that statement. And unless Oregon loses on out and if Hebard returns to play in the conference tourney, then I'm guessing they remain a #1. They could go to #2 but it will still be in Portland and if Hebard is back at full strength, I wouldn't want to be the #1 playing them there.

Who do you keep out of a 1 seed to keep Oregon in?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/19 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
toad455 wrote:
does Oregon remain a #1 seed?

No, not if the season were to end today. They were up 22 on their home court to a team they had previously beaten by 20.

This loss had nothing to do with Hebard being out.

I would disagree with that statement. And unless Oregon loses on out and if Hebard returns to play in the conference tourney, then I'm guessing they remain a #1. They could go to #2 but it will still be in Portland and if Hebard is back at full strength, I wouldn't want to be the #1 playing them there.

Who do you keep out of a 1 seed to keep Oregon in?

I personally don't have a pony in the show so in my heart of hearts I don't much care. But I think the committee will have to make a decision about injuries and what to do with them. Currently I think they have ND and Miss St as #2's. If ND loses to Louis...or someone else, in the ACC conf tourney, it will be hard to make them a #1. Same for Oregon BTW. Now they must a)win out and b) win the conference tournament... which won't be easy for them. Ditto Miss St. But my point was that whoever is the #1 in Portland won't be happy having Oregon as the #2 there. If #1 is not Oregon, it will likely be the 'weakest' #1 since it's the farthest away...so I guess that will make the S-curve people happy anyway.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/23/19 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only way I see Oregon not going to Portland is if Oregon St wins out and wins the Pac 12 championship. Corvallis is actually closer to Portland than Eugene. But at this point Oregon is a number 2 seed. With 6 top teams two regions will have 2 of those teams and it now appears that the West will be one of them. The placement of Baylor becomes the biggest question now. I believe they should go to Greensboro even though Chicago is slightly closer. Notre Dame (if they win the ACC) should get the number 1 in Chicago, with Connecticut in Albany and either Mississippi St or Louisville in Portland (the other would be the 2 seed in Albany. Stanford would then go to Chicago and the last 2 seed would go to Greensboro.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/23/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I must be the only person that isn't that impressed by her. She's good, but I never thought that she was THAT good. I admit that I haven't seen her play a lot so that could be why. Maybe I just never see her when she's outstanding.

You aren't alone.

She gets too much hype due to the triple doubles, imo.

She's usually clutch and is really good, imo, but honestly I've never seen her have an outstanding game vs what I consider a tough defensive team. (ASU has never qualified, imo).

PostPosted: 02/23/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
She gave #33 (doing my JPM impression) a bit of a shove after committing her 5th foul, but she wasn't in her face. Not sure how to interpret that. She threw her bottle and stormed off at least to the runway- pretty lame, no matter how it's interpreted.

Avoiding the presser is VERY lame. Even Howie can't splain that one away. Laughing

Come on, I'm sure the head coach decides which players to bring to the press conference. If I were Graves I wouldn't even have considered asking her.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 02/23/19 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Oregon was only down by 3 when Ionescu pulled her Big Baby act. She didn't pull her team together for some advice before she left or stay on the bench to cheer everyone on the way a leader should but just stomped off to the locker room and threw her water bottle on the ground. There was weird chemistry out there.

In the end, I think USC will be the unlucky team they will take it out on. USC already lost by 40 to them previously.
I think the ducks were down 5.

PostPosted: 02/23/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA was up by three when Smith missed both free throws. Gildon did not box out Burke who got the rebound and Ionescu fouled her and was out. Burke hit both free throws and the lead went to 5.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/23/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Come on, I'm sure the head coach decides which players to bring to the press conference. If I were Graves I wouldn't even have considered asking her.

Why not?

PostPosted: 02/23/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
UCLA was up by three when Smith missed both free throws. Gildon did not box out Burke who got the rebound and Ionescu fouled her and was out. Burke hit both free throws and the lead went to 5.

So that's why Ion shoved her! Rolling Eyes

What a jerk.

PostPosted: 02/24/19 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UCLA pulls the upset. Ionescu fouls out in frustration walks off the court with 12 secs to go headed to the lockeroom alone. Not a good sign for a player looking to comeback for another season. Completely walked off and left her team behind to finish the game themselves.

If she went to the locker room it was a quick trip there and back because after the free throws and timeout she is at the end of the bench watching the game by the water jugs with 11.4 seconds left.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/24/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

I must be the only person that isn't that impressed by her. She's good, but I never thought that she was THAT good. I admit that I haven't seen her play a lot so that could be why. Maybe I just never see her when she's outstanding.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/24/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UCLA pulls the upset. Ionescu fouls out in frustration walks off the court with 12 secs to go headed to the lockeroom alone. Not a good sign for a player looking to comeback for another season. Completely walked off and left her team behind to finish the game themselves.

If she went to the locker room it was a quick trip there and back because after the free throws and timeout she is at the end of the bench watching the game by the water jugs with 11.4 seconds left.

She was called back to shake hands with the opposing team at the end. Camera's don't lie. She threw something or punched a chair and headed for the tunnel. Ala Chennedy Carter.

PostPosted: 02/25/19 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

She was called back to shake hands with the opposing team at the end. Camera's don't lie. She threw something or punched a chair and headed for the tunnel. Ala Chennedy Carter.

Yes the camera's don't lie. I don't know where she was during the free throw and timeout immediately after she fouled out, but she was on the sidelines by her bench before Oregon's final possession.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 02/25/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Yes the camera's don't lie. I don't know where she was during the free throw and timeout immediately after she fouled out, but she was on the sidelines by her bench before Oregon's final possession.

Looks like she doesn’t want anything to do with her fellow teammates or her coaches.

PostPosted: 02/25/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems pretty solid that she will leave after this season. Not official but seems for sure Imo .

PostPosted: 02/26/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if she knows Laimbeer is shopping her Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/26/19 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

do you know that...or just a guess? I would guess it's true. But he will also be shopping his other players. Wouldn't be surprised to see major changes on that roster.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/26/19 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
It seems pretty solid that she will leave after this season. Not official but seems for sure Imo .

And I'm thinking just the opposite. She's only played 3 seasons, not red-shirted at all....I can see kids like Azura Stevens, Jewell Lloyd or Ariel Powers being ready to move on after their 4th/5th years in college even though they had eligibility remaining. But Sabrina's a true junior.

Now, if Oregon can win a NC this year, then yeah, definitely. Either way, I'll be watching her! Cool

PostPosted: 02/27/19 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

And I'm thinking just the opposite. She's only played 3 seasons, not red-shirted at all....I can see kids like Azura Stevens, Jewell Lloyd or Ariel Powers being ready to move on after their 4th/5th years in college even though they had eligibility remaining. But Sabrina's a true junior.

Now, if Oregon can win a NC this year, then yeah, definitely. Either way, I'll be watching her! Cool

Jewell Loyd was a true junior.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/27/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

do you know that...or just a guess? I would guess it's true. But he will also be shopping his other players. Wouldn't be surprised to see major changes on that roster.

I will DM you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: