RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

OT: Borders Stepping Down From Time's Up

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5269



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/18/19 7:50 pm    ::: OT: Borders Stepping Down From Time's Up Reply Reply with quote

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/02/18/times-up-head-lisa-borders-steps-down-because-family-issues/2911317002/



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7122



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/18/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe not off topic since the WNBA position she left is still open...


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7927
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone stated she changed jobs loke every 2 years Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1189



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/19 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Times Up said it was the best decision for Borders and the Times Up organization. How is it the best decision for Times Up? It sounds like they wanted her gone and her leaving was the best thing for Times Up. I doubt she just resigned because of family issues. She also just ‘resigned’ from the WNBA too. I personally think she was TOLD to resign from the WNBA so they wouldn’t have to embarrass her by announcing she was fired and also because it would ‘look bad’ for the WNBA to fire her as President because she’s black. And no, I’m 100% not racist, but they don’t want people thinking they fired her because there would be backlash about firing a black woman president. I have a feeling she was fired from Times Up as well because she’s a crappy President. But that’s just my ideas on the whole thing. Probably wrong.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5269



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

W not taking her back anytime soon.

Quote:
“On Friday, Lisa Borders informed members of TIME’S UP leadership that sexual assault allegations had been made against her son in a private forum," the statement continued. "Within 24 hours, Lisa made the decision to resign as President and CEO of TIME’S UP and we agreed that it was the right decision for all parties involved.



https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/02/22/times-up-lisa-borders-son-resigned-sexual-assault-claim-allegations/2948624002/



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50224



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turns out her family matter was a reported accusation of sexually inappropriate conduct by Borders’ son.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/times-up-ceo-resigned-after-sexual-assault-allegations-against-her-son



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scullyfu



Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 8537
Location: Niagara Falls


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my 2 questions: how old was the son at the time of the alleged sexual harassment? & secondly, if he was an adult, why is she stepping down? surely, a parent can't be held responsible for what an adult child does.????



_________________
i'll always bleed Storm green.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58173
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
my 2 questions: how old was the son at the time of the alleged sexual harassment? & secondly, if he was an adult, why is she stepping down? surely, a parent can't be held responsible for what an adult child does.????


He's in his mid-30s.



_________________
It's time I had some time alone
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2502



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well wouldn't it depend on other things like, did she know about it, did she hide any of it, and possibly lots of other scenarios. But would you want a representative with any kind of dirty laundry that was anti to your message in charge?

This brings to mind how the W chooses to promote the game, they need to do background checks on who they are promoting as if any come up with some kind of past that is a negative for women in general it would be counterproductive. Things like, harassment, cheating, etc. It should be easy checks with all the social media these days.



_________________
"White privilege is unseen by white pompous asses"
Feelings, nothing more than feelings...
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50224



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess this is his professional website
https://www.dijonsdimension.com/



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1189



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/22/19 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Well wouldn't it depend on other things like, did she know about it, did she hide any of it, and possibly lots of other scenarios. But would you want a representative with any kind of dirty laundry that was anti to your message in charge?

This brings to mind how the W chooses to promote the game, they need to do background checks on who they are promoting as if any come up with some kind of past that is a negative for women in general it would be counterproductive. Things like, harassment, cheating, etc. It should be easy checks with all the social media these days.


I heard she knew about it and said nothing. She’s always been extremely fake and now this just proves it even more


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2509
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/19 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Well wouldn't it depend on other things like, did she know about it, did she hide any of it, and possibly lots of other scenarios. But would you want a representative with any kind of dirty laundry that was anti to your message in charge?

This brings to mind how the W chooses to promote the game, they need to do background checks on who they are promoting as if any come up with some kind of past that is a negative for women in general it would be counterproductive. Things like, harassment, cheating, etc. It should be easy checks with all the social media these days.


I heard she knew about it and said nothing. She’s always been extremely fake and now this just proves it even more


You heard? A person not using a real name heard from an unnamed source. And this incredibly trustworthy evidence "proves' that Lisa Borders is "extremely fake." Wow! Who could possibly doubt this? Smile


Ay Mate



Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 1189



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/23/19 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Well wouldn't it depend on other things like, did she know about it, did she hide any of it, and possibly lots of other scenarios. But would you want a representative with any kind of dirty laundry that was anti to your message in charge?

This brings to mind how the W chooses to promote the game, they need to do background checks on who they are promoting as if any come up with some kind of past that is a negative for women in general it would be counterproductive. Things like, harassment, cheating, etc. It should be easy checks with all the social media these days.


I heard she knew about it and said nothing. She’s always been extremely fake and now this just proves it even more


You heard? A person not using a real name heard from an unnamed source. And this incredibly trustworthy evidence "proves' that Lisa Borders is "extremely fake." Wow! Who could possibly doubt this? Smile


Yes, I “heard”. If you have a problem with that, take it up with my lawyers. 🙄


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin