RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

(2) Oregon @ (12) Oregon State - 2/18/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Oregon
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Oregon State
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

pilight

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
LMAO maybe it is because ND were outside the top 4 and have a loss to a conference bottom dweller. BUT I actually think they will put ND in Chicago and probably did due to all the leprechaun whining that is becoming a national epidemic. But that aside, I do think ND will be in Chicago.

Being 7-6 in conference doesn't make a "bottom dweller". UNC is in fact exactly in the middle of the ACC.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I really don't see selcom sending ND anywhere but Chicago. Same as I don't see UConn going anywhere besides Albany. I don't see them putting ND and UConn both in Albany. I wouldn't want to be a #1 seed with ND as my #2.

I'd love to ask Charlie Creme to explain why he insists that UConn, supposedly for ticket sale reasons, will go to Albany regardless of their record or seed, but he keeps predicting that Notre Dame will end up in any region other than Chicago.

Or maybe it's obvious and the UConn to Albany rule isn't about ticket sales at all, but rather is just another UConn special treatment rule.

BTW, I think whether Oregon gets a 1 seed has a lot to do with Hebard's status for the tournament.

That's why I left them out of my #1 list.

Quote:
"Don't know; doesn't look good," Graves said after the game when asked about her status. "I don't know the severity."

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
LMAO maybe it is because ND were outside the top 4 and have a loss to a conference bottom dweller. BUT I actually think they will put ND in Chicago and probably did due to all the leprechaun whining that is becoming a national epidemic. But that aside, I do think ND will be in Chicago.

Being 7-6 in conference doesn't make a "bottom dweller". UNC is in fact exactly in the middle of the ACC.

OH that's right you have that massive conference where you barely play each other once, not that they were unranked and lost to Pitt the real bottom dweller Wink

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

With this:
myrtle wrote:
The Ionescu performance was reminiscent of that in Spokane last year against ND. She is so much better when she gets her teammates involved than when she tries to do it all herself. Hopefully Kelly will get her to see that before the NCAAs come around.

....I gotta disagree. Tonight, I thought she did too much second-guessing on that. She usually appears, to me at least, to have highly developed sense of when to assist, and when to take it--just intuitive. And maybe the defense rattled her judgment there. But given her practically gaudy assist numbers, there's no way one could accuse her of being too selfish.

She does USUALLY have a good sense about this, but last night I think she DID get rattled and decided she had to do it all by herself. That team runs well when she shares initiating the offense, especially with Cazorla and sometimes with Satou. Cazorla does a beautiful job of driving and dishing and she had very little opportunity for that last night because Io was pigging the ball. Also when Io pigs the ball it means the defense can key on her even more. And Sabally had a few nice drives to the basket too. If you don't know which of them is going to drive and who is going to get the ball on the outside, it makes it much harder to defend.

But of course it was also a disaster without Ruthie inside. If she's not back, Kelly's gonna have to make some major adjustments. Playing Boley with 4 guards isn't going to cut it. With that lineup they won't make it thru the P12 tournament.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lmao...how dare we present a critical analysis of Howee's golden goose? (duck) Laughing

And of course, such discourse makes us HATERS. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Glen's description is accurate- as she's doing her little skip step, the ball many times is nearly/actually cupped in her hand. The advantage gained is immense.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I don’t think it’s hate, more so just being critical and actually acknowledging she has some flaws.

Ummm....where do you see/find claims she's "flawless"? Critiquing is good. But if yer gonna put her flaws under the microscope, then acknowledge her superiority in so many categories, too. Fair is far.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I think her showing with Team USA showed she’s not as pro-ready as some people are proclaiming. She’s good, but she’s not going to just come in and dominate the league.

Again....who has anointed her as a League Dominator? I don't think I've ever seen that here, at least. Her time on team USA was brief and limited--certainly not enough to determine her professional worth.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I think it’s good some are analyzing her personally, instead of just going along with the “general consensus.” A lot of times last night she just looked out of control. The Beaver defense played a huge part, but Sabrina was really forcing the issue.

Precisely correct. Analysis is good, which is why I offer a counterpoint to the "general consensus" HERE: She flops, she dribbles illegally, she's out of control, she's not that good, etc., ad nauseum. THAT, Cardi, does constitute 'hate' when it's so consistently coming from the fans of teams she beats....it's not just objective analysis.

Point. Counterpoint. And for the record, you'd be lying if you said you DIDN'T want her on your team. Razz

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
lmao...how dare we present a critical analysis of Howee's golden goose? (duck) Laughing
Now, THERE'S the brightest thing you've said in awhile. Cool And whoever implied that wasn't 'welcome'? I say Bring It, baby!

cthskzfn wrote:
....followed by one of the LEAST bright things you've imagined.

cthskzfn wrote:
Glen's description is accurate- as she's doing her little skip step, the ball many times is nearly/actually cupped in her hand. The advantage gained is immense.

Either she has ingeniously, subtly maximized an 'illegality' to her advantage, or EVERY ref that doesn't call it is stupid and inept: Which is it?? Now yer left with praising HER, or calling out the entire referee community. Rolling Eyes

You UConn homers do clump together, donchya? Not yer best look.

Last edited by Howee on 02/19/19 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if this is a record low amount of turnovers a team commits and still loses the game. And one of those turnovers was at the very end of the game with the Ionescu travel.

Oregon had 3 turnovers to OSU’s 15, and they still lost.
Oregon shot the ball 67 times to OSU’s 50, and they still lost.
They shot about the same number of FT’s, but OSU made 100%.

I think stubborn Vic Schaefer could learn a lot about how to use McCowan defensively, at least against Oregon. Just park her under the basket. Don’t have her chasing Hebard all around the court and lunging at PG’s. That wears a big girl out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

With this:
myrtle wrote:
The Ionescu performance was reminiscent of that in Spokane last year against ND. She is so much better when she gets her teammates involved than when she tries to do it all herself. Hopefully Kelly will get her to see that before the NCAAs come around.

....I gotta disagree. Tonight, I thought she did too much second-guessing on that. She usually appears, to me at least, to have highly developed sense of when to assist, and when to take it--just intuitive. And maybe the defense rattled her judgment there. But given her practically gaudy assist numbers, there's no way one could accuse her of being too selfish.

She does USUALLY have a good sense about this, but last night I think she DID get rattled and decided she had to do it all by herself. That team runs well when she shares initiating the offense, especially with Cazorla and sometimes with Satou

And obviously, it was more 'glaring' in a loss. I remember Friday's game: when Oregon State was hanging close, Sabrina 'took over'....calmly sank a few baskets to provide a cushion. It can work....and what team DOESN'T want/utilize a 'go to' player? Carter, Ogunbowale, Durr, Stewie, Diggins, et. al., right?

Sabrina fills that role as well as anybody. BUT. Last night, her shots weren't falling, so her repeated attempts make her look 'piggy'?? Nah....I'd bet my bottom dollar Kelly did NOT tell her to stop. And again, OR-State's defense was stifling....that played a role in her passing options, far more than a 'piggy' mindset.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I think stubborn Vic Schaefer could learn a lot about how to use McCowan defensively, at least against Oregon. Just park her under the basket. Don’t have her chasing Hebard all around the court and lunging at PG’s. That wears a big girl out.

That's easier to do when Hebard is in the lockerroom for most of the game. The Ducks were ahead and starting to pull away when she got hurt.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So others are homers but not I said the fly. Laughing Laughing This shits getting crazy. So much of saying what others are, while doing the same thing, priceless.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wonder if this is a record low amount of turnovers a team commits and still loses the game. And one of those turnovers was at the very end of the game with the Ionescu travel.

Oregon had 3 turnovers to OSU’s 15, and they still lost.
Oregon shot the ball 67 times to OSU’s 50, and they still lost.
They shot about the same number of FT’s, but OSU made 100%.

I get what you are saying Shades. You lose the payback if you put a player in the wrong position to get your moneys worth.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting to pull away? Oregon was up 7-4 and that was their only lead until 52-50 late in the game.

Hebard hasn’t even attempted a three point shot. Why use energy chasing her around at all? McCowan’s defensive skills are most valuable around the basket.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Now, THERE'S the brightest thing you've said in awhile. Cool And whoever implied that wasn't 'welcome'? I say Bring It, baby!

cthskzfn wrote:
....followed by one of the LEAST bright things you've imagined.

cthskzfn wrote:

Either she has ingeniously, subtly maximized an 'illegality' to her advantage, or EVERY ref that doesn't call it is stupid and inept: Which is it?? Now yer left with praising HER, or calling out the entire referee community. Rolling Eyes

You UConn homers do clump together, donchya? Not yer best look.

Your inability to conduct simple, clinical observation/analysis is obvious. Wink

PostPosted: 02/19/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I don’t think it’s hate, more so just being critical and actually acknowledging she has some flaws.

Ummm....where do you see/find claims she's "flawless"? Critiquing is good. But if yer gonna put her flaws under the microscope, then acknowledge her superiority in so many categories, too. Fair is far.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I think her showing with Team USA showed she’s not as pro-ready as some people are proclaiming. She’s good, but she’s not going to just come in and dominate the league.

Again....who has anointed her as a League Dominator? I don't think I've ever seen that here, at least. Her time on team USA was brief and limited--certainly not enough to determine her professional worth.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I think it’s good some are analyzing her personally, instead of just going along with the “general consensus.” A lot of times last night she just looked out of control. The Beaver defense played a huge part, but Sabrina was really forcing the issue.

Precisely correct. Analysis is good, which is why I offer a counterpoint to the "general consensus" HERE: She flops, she dribbles illegally, she's out of control, she's not that good, etc., ad nauseum. THAT, Cardi, does constitute 'hate' when it's so consistently coming from the fans of teams she beats....it's not just objective analysis.

Point. Counterpoint. And for the record, you'd be lying if you said you DIDN'T want her on your team. Razz

I think proclaiming her vastly “superior” to the rest of the field, and proclaiming how pro-ready she is does insinuate she’s going to be different than everyone else that she’s going to be some league dominator. In my mind, only a select few are truly “pro ready” (Breanna Stewart, Aja Wilson, etc.)

This same thing happened two years ago when several folks were claiming Kelsey Plum would be the “next” Becky Hammon for San Antonio. Currently, she’s just a nice complementary player. Am I calling Sabrina the next Kelsey Plum in terms of her performance at the next level? No, but I am saying it’s a bit premature to say she’s so pro-ready when history as shown that most guards aren’t as pro-ready as we think. I think Sabrina is a very good player, but I think it’s fair to point out how out of control she was.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/19/19 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Not only that, but UNC has an RPI of 30 which would place them 3rd in the AAC ( by over 50 places) or 4th in the B12 or B10, and has not one but two top ten wins. They're very likely a tournamant team.

But being honest about it wouldn't fit well into the fantasy, I guess. Easier to just make up stupid shit.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/19/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Charlie's latest still doesn't pay attn to the geographical thingie, which is puzzling since the committee has shown such a proclivity to do so.

Anyway he has:
Albany: UConn, ND
Chicago: Louisville, Stanford
Greensboro: Baylor, Miss St (this would at least make everybody happy about the meeting of the bigs)
Portland: Oregon, NC State

so IMO whatever else, whatever seed
UConn will be in Albany
ND will be in Chicago
Louisville, Maryland, SoCaro will be in Greensboro
Oregon, Gonzaga will be in Portland

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

cthskzfn wrote:
Your inability to conduct simple, clinical observation/analysis is obvious. Wink

And your inability to answer a simple binary question is obvious, too. Wink

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Howee wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

I think proclaiming her vastly “superior” to the rest of the field, and proclaiming how pro-ready she is does insinuate she’s going to be different than everyone else that she’s going to be some league dominator.

PLEASE tell me....who here has made THAT claim?? Shocked

Last edited by Howee on 02/19/19 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a lot of shit on this board and that is not made up. But the shit can't stand not being in the top 4 and has to do gymnastics to make themselves feel better and attack others who don't agree with them. Just another day in the office. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the "Bitter Old Queen" snark continues to be most Ignore-worthy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aww my comment wasn't for you but you have gone after everyone else so what's new. Were you referring to your post to Glenn talking about yourself?

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Aww my comment wasn't for you but you have gone after everyone else so what's new. Were you referring to your post to Glenn talking about yourself?

Oh? Did you think MY comment was for YOU? Laughing Laughing Silly Self-Centric Goose! Wink

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh silly me, why would I think you would be attacking other posters Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Oh silly me, why would I think you would be attacking other posters Laughing Laughing

Ummm, cuz yer a snipey, passive aggressive little troll, maybe? Feel free to show me one quote of mine on this thread where I've "attacked" any poster. I've refuted their opinions and claims, but that's not attacking, darling. That's "discussion". You'll learn it, one day. Razz

PostPosted: 02/19/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So Charlie's latest still doesn't pay attn to the geographical thingie, which is puzzling since the committee has shown such a proclivity to do so.

Anyway he has:
Albany: UConn, ND
Chicago: Louisville, Stanford
Greensboro: Baylor, Miss St (this would at least make everybody happy about the meeting of the bigs)
Portland: Oregon, NC State

so IMO whatever else, whatever seed
UConn will be in Albany
ND will be in Chicago
Louisville, Maryland, SoCaro will be in Greensboro
Oregon, Gonzaga will be in Portland

Where do you put Baylor? Chicago?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: