RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#8 Marquette at Seton Hall - 12P EST 2/17 - CBSS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 9:17 am    ::: #8 Marquette at Seton Hall - 12P EST 2/17 - CBSS Reply Reply with quote

Marquette looks to bounce back after their first BE loss of the season at St. John's on Friday. They take on Seton Hall at 12P Eastern on CBS Sports Network.

Stats:
https://shupirates.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heidemann(sp) benched!

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Samuels for Seton Hall

Heideman not starting for Marquette

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And we have a doghouse starting lineup for Marquette - Hiedeman isn't starting after not having a good game Friday night at St. John's.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bah. H in after 3:00. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
No Samuels for Seton Hall

Heideman not starting for Marquette

Glad to hear the commentators address why Hiedeman wasn't starting and glad that Kieger was honest that it was due to her performance Friday night. She came in along with Blockton about 3,5 minutes into the game. But Blockton hasn't started since returning from injury. Both of these players had extremely poor shooting in the last game - hope it's better today.

I didn't realize Samuels had gotten hurt in the DePaul game.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Bah. H in after 3:00. Laughing

I'm tired of the Blockton not starting thing - she was put into one game about one minute in. It helps their bench scoring stats though most games though I guess Smile.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good start for MU as they're up 22-11 at the end of the first quarter. Heideman with 7 points already has scored more than she did last game. Blockton is on the bench with 2 fouls - MU needs her to score in this game after her 0 for 9 performance at St. John's.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And now we have all sorts of reserves in - can we please put the game away before we do that??? I guess Kieger is either trying to get experience for reserves or send a message to her starters.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/17/19 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remembered these unis though it's been a while since I saw Marquette play. Do like the unis! Seton Hall looks kinda like a D2 so it's hard to tell if Marquette is good or just better than Hall. I always think when I see this gym that it's a nice HS gym.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I remembered these unis though it's been a while since I saw Marquette play. Do like the unis! Seton Hall looks kinda like a D2 so it's hard to tell if Marquette is good or just better than Hall. I always think when I see this gym that it's a nice HS gym.

I was wondering this for awhile but I do think Marquette is playing pretty well Smile. Seton Hall does miss Samuels quite a bit of course.

Marquette is up 99-56 with 5:43 to go in the game. Hiedeman has bounced back nicely from 3 points at St. John's at Friday Smile - she has a new career high of 34 points.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/17/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the loss at St. John's will still hurt Marquette in the polls and for seeding in the NCAA Tournament but it was good to see MU respond well as they beat Seton Hall 109-63.

They host Butler and Xavier next weekend for their last two home games and then have the toughest league road trip travel wise with Creighton and Providence the last weekend of the season - quick turnaround to go from Omaha to Providence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: