RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bill Duke On The Cost People Pay For Success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/13/19 4:24 pm    ::: Bill Duke On The Cost People Pay For Success Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iS2bkP9Bd1w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS2bkP9Bd1w

PostPosted: 02/13/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"When you're young you think you know every damn thing. Until life smashes you in the face... WITH ITS INDIFFERENCE TOWARDS YOU. And all those dumb people you think are older who you don't listen to? Once you get a couple of scars you'll see how stupid they really are."

That's amazing. Completely run of the mill except for the part I've capped and underlined. That's the key part that I've never heard anyone drop in with the rest of it we've heard from the time we were little from our parents.

The lessons in life come not just from the challenges and the things that go wrong, it's the attitude of events that happen to you that will always be your takeaway. And as you get older your cocoon of friends, teammates, associates, family, etc. it fades almost completely away. Or things drive them away. And the only thing that is a constant is the indifference of the universe. Young people amuse me and infuriate me. But this is why I have so little respect for their perspective.

It's not an actual perspective. It's just a mix of rhetoric and ideas that have been poured into their heads. I mean, THINK about it. All of these kids who speak up and protest and are triggered, etc. What are they as thinking beings at this point? They are usually nothing but a collection of the thoughts and opinions of others which they have CHOSEN, cherry picked, selected to represent their perspective on things. And OFTEN for reasons other than absolute merit. Which they wouldn't be able to judge anyway because they haven't lived long enough to bring any functional life experiences to the discussion. There's certainly most often peer influences, wanting to fit in and be a part of the most attractive group, getting laid, etc.

It would be fun knowing how full of shit people are if it didn't sidetrack progress and wasn't such a generationally recurring waste of time and energy.

PostPosted: 02/14/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It never fails to amuse me that the "Don't trust anyone over 30" generation is more disdainful of youth than their parents ever were.

PostPosted: 02/14/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
It never fails to amuse me that the "Don't trust anyone over 30" generation is more disdainful of youth than their parents ever were.

It’s called living and learning and that is something that really happens. And maybe because we bit back so hard at our parents. And maybe because we were listening to our generation’s most prominent voices who mostly turned out to be people we wouldn’t want as house guests let alone as thought leaders we were basing our entire political viewpoints on. And lastly it’s called seeing others repeating mistakes we made and warning them. Key word there is seeing.

And all of this will always be happening in the context of great forces actually playing to and posturing for younger generations, humoring them, manipulating them. And, throw in the multitudes from every generation who never learn and cling to the follies of their youth. Some people really can't get past things and then there's people who make their career out of this stuff.

This is a bullshit world. And even though social media makes it appear as more unforgiving and self-policing than it ever has been, that’s not the case. The truth is we’ve lost harsh criticism in this country. Massive corporations control the flow of information and the range of analysis and completely distract and divert the attention of the public while making sure there’s no real brutal criticism going mainstream of what really now almost always amounts to someone’s very powerful’s valuable property.

And then there's Hollywood and the extreme affluence of the coastal elites out here which has and is positioning itself to be beyond reproach or criticism by the only element of our politics who could take on their domination of what it means to be acceptably political in this country and that IS the young and politically involved. And, circling back, those are the people who are being bullshitted by the political influencers of the entertainment industry that markets its products and stars directly at. And that's why I'm inclined to try to warn them. In a total vacuum but honestly that's not my fucking problem.

Trump certainly isn't helping. He's been a great favor to the powers that be in this country because he is ALL that anyone can see or care about right now. Anyway.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: