RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

top 16 reveal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/05/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Man, if UConn is the 4th overall #1 seed, they should have to play the 1st overall #2 seed Oregon in Portland. If the committee can go ahead and bump ND from Chicago because Louisville is higher, then this should happen as well.

That's what I said! Sort of.

Quote:
Ok, so if UConn is the 4 seed, why aren't they going to Portland to play a lower seed on their home court?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/05/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ok, so if UConn is the 4 seed, why aren't they going to Portland to play a lower seed on their home court?

They want to sell tickets in Albany. Albany is a plane ride for Notre Dame, so it’s a plane ride for them either way.

Is Louisville going to take a bus to Chicago?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/05/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO no-one has ND that high except the NCAA reveal if you re complaining you may want to feel lucky they posted it that way. If they really wanted to say they are the number 2 seed with a terrible loss to UNC, then they should have the PAC teams higher and above ND Wink You at least have the option to get into the Chicago region they are showing the ND whiners a map, just beat Louisville. Oh I remember when they had the ND whiners as overall favorite to win it all with their ALL star players...... AND then they lost and whined about injuries, AGAIN.

PostPosted: 03/05/19 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
LMAO no-one has ND that high except the NCAA reveal if you re complaining you may want to feel lucky they posted it that way. If they really wanted to say they are the number 2 seed with a terrible loss to UNC, then they should have the PAC teams higher and above ND Wink You at least have the option to get into the Chicago region they are showing the ND whiners a map, just beat Louisville. Oh I remember when they had the ND whiners as overall favorite to win it all with their ALL star players...... AND then they lost and whined about injuries, AGAIN.

Do your posts really make you feel better about your team? Or maybe your own shortcomings?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/05/19 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My shorts don't have any comings, but do you really feel that the truth hurts Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/05/19 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Man, if UConn is the 4th overall #1 seed, they should have to play the 1st overall #2 seed Oregon in Portland. If the committee can go ahead and bump ND from Chicago because Louisville is higher, then this should happen as well.

I'm sure the committee share will explain it well in that 1 minute interview at the end of the selection show. Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/19 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

They want to sell tickets in Albany. Albany is a plane ride for Notre Dame, so it’s a plane ride for them either way.

Is Louisville going to take a bus to Chicago?

They could. It's less than 300 miles.

PostPosted: 03/05/19 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:

It hasn't worked that way for years.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/05/19 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

It hasn't worked that way for years.

....and implies a logic that is ever-elusive in this process.

Honestly, though? THIS season, with its (relative) parity from #1-8, and given the strength of #9-12 (ish) will undoubtedly produce the most fan griping ever seen. Razz

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if both Louisville and Notre Dame lose in the ACCT, will they stay as #1 seeds? I know one of them is guaranteed to lose anyway, and I guess the one that ends up losing the ACC championship game will stay as an one seed. I think if Miss St and Oregon lose in their tourney, both Louisville and ND might stay as #1 seeds even if they both lose.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Albany just became must see basketball. UCONN MSST Oregon State & Miami could ALL win that region.

x_____________

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This whole issue of the top seeds has worked out well for the Committee. Louisville and Notre Dame will play each other for the right to play in Chicago. The loser will get shipped to either Albany to face UConn or Portland to play Oregon. It really doesn't matter much whether they are a 1 or a 2 seed. This likely holds unless neither team wins the ACC. Even then one of those teams will almost certainly play in Chicago. The most likely scenario would be to slide Mississippi St to Chicago as the 1 seed and ship the other to Portland as the 2 seed.

A strict interpretation of the so called G-curve would put Baylor in Chicago as the overall 1 seed (although I believe the winner of the ACC (Louisville or ND) should be #1 because of a dramatically more difficult schedule. But if the Committee balances geography, overall balance and asses in seats this is the way it should work out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: