RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Michelle Smith’s Top 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/17/19 10:50 am    ::: Michelle Smith’s Top 10 Reply Reply with quote

Ahead of the AP preseason Top 25, Michelle Smith presents her Top 10.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2019-10-02/womens-college-basketball-rankings-preseason-top-10-2019

1. Oregon
2. Baylor
3. Stanford
4. Texas A&M
5. Maryland
6. Oregon State
7. Connecticut
8. Mississippi State
9. South Carolina
10. UCLA

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/17/19 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be four Pac-12 teams. Of course, Michelle does live in the East Bay, just down the road from me ...

PostPosted: 10/17/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA is interesting but they have a lot to prove. I'm not even sure they will end up as the 4th best P12 team.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/17/19 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
UCLA is interesting but they have a lot to prove. I'm not even sure they will end up as the 4th best P12 team.

Im excited to see what type of season Oneyeonwere* produces this year. She showed Nneka like flashes last season .

PostPosted: 10/17/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon at #1 is probably right. The west coast bias is shown imo with the spots of the other three teams Laughing

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Im excited to see what type of season Oneyeonwere* produces this year. She showed Nneka like flashes last season .

Nneka's a good comparison for Onyenwere. She has been listed at 5'11 and 6'0 though, so I'm guessing she'll make a great true SF in the pros, especially as her shooting continues to develop. It'd be nice for her sake if UCLA ever got some true post players to work with, they're such a short team (only two players out of 14 listed above 6'1!).

PRballer

PostPosted: 10/18/19 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville has a ton of talent, and even though I would think they have a lot to prove, I would have them in the Top Ten to start the season, over UCLA.

Might even put Florida State over UCLA right now, too.

I don't the PAC 12 is going to be overrated though.

Fun season ahead!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/18/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Louisville has a ton of talent, and even though I would think they have a lot to prove, I would have them in the Top Ten to start the season, over UCLA.

The link is dated October 2, 2019, but it makes me wonder if Michelle Smith compiled her rankings and wrote the analysis prior to September 26, 2019 -- the date on which Louisville announced that Georgia Tech transfers Elizabeth Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon were granted waivers by the NCAA and would be eligible immediately for the 2019-20 season.

Certainly those two additions to an already talented team (despite losing Asia Durr and two solid starters), along with the return of Yacine Diop from injury, make Louisville much more dangerous -- and easily a top ten team in my estimation.

Or perhaps Smith disagrees.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/18/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone seen/heard/read any prognostications about how SC's top recruiting class might realistically be expected to impact their team in the short run?

Also, any valid indicators on who will provide MD with their best competition in the Big 10?

PostPosted: 11/03/19 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PRballer wrote:

The link is dated October 2, 2019, but it makes me wonder if Michelle Smith compiled her rankings and wrote the analysis prior to September 26, 2019 -- the date on which Louisville announced that Georgia Tech transfers Elizabeth Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon were granted waivers by the NCAA and would be eligible immediately for the 2019-20 season.

Certainly those two additions to an already talented team (despite losing Asia Durr and two solid starters), along with the return of Yacine
Diop from injury, make Louisville much more dangerous -- and easily a top ten team in my estimation.

And. Nyah Green is a pro already.6.1 mid range game a killer . defend strong. Dont believve me just watch

allenleavell

PostPosted: 11/03/19 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PRballer wrote:

The link is dated October 2, 2019, but it makes me wonder if Michelle Smith compiled her rankings and wrote the analysis prior to September 26, 2019 -- the date on which Louisville announced that Georgia Tech transfers Elizabeth Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon were granted waivers by the NCAA and would be eligible immediately for the 2019-20 season
Certainly those two additions to an already talented team (despite losing Asia Durr and two solid starters), along with the return of Yacine
Diop from injury, make Louisville much more dangerous -- and easily a top ten team in my estimation.

And. Nyah Green is a pro already.6.1 mid range game a killer . defend strong. Dont believve me just watch will be a big fish in. Louisville.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/04/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
And. Nyah Green is a pro already.6.1 mid range game a killer . defend strong. Dont believve me just watch will be a big fish in. Louisville.

Two Louisville WBB freshmen, Nyah Green (top-25 ranked in the 2019 class) and Ramani Parker, will redshirt this season

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1191408465937358848

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: