RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games week of 2-9 thru 2-15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Aaaandddd....TX pulls out a squeaky 6-pt victory over Oklahoma State in Stillwater. The Cowgirls are tough at home....I'd not have been shocked to see them win.

me too. Partially because I think Texas ain't 'all that' either.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse leading NC State at half, but only by two. The 'cuse have only one offense. Mangakahia drives and sets up her three shooters. THey shoot away and are shooting well so far, but there is NO inside game and it looks like no plan B. I kinda like NC State's big Freshman inside, but then she may look so good because 'Cuse has nobody in there with her.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/13/19 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a Big 12 roundup:

Baylor's leading K-State in Q1

Texas Tech just took a 1pt lead on WVU in the 3rd Q

Iowa State is trailing TCU by 5 at the half

Oklahoma is leading Kansas by 4 late in the first Q. (I can't watch no more! Shocked )

PostPosted: 02/13/19 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Possibly one of the bigger upsets of the year going on in Ohio. Bowling Green is leading Buffalo 64-51 in the third. A loss would severely hurt Buffalo's NCAA hopes

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WVU showing why the B12 will only have 3 teams in the NCAAs, struggling against Tech.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and Syracuse showing why the committee was actually right in leaving them out of the top 16. Mangakahia should just forget about setting teammates up so they can miss. She can score every time she wants to herself.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WVU showing why the B12 will only have 3 teams in the NCAAs, struggling against Tech.

Tech managed to give it away at the very end of the game, but WVU was WAY less than impressive in this win.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Possibly one of the bigger upsets of the year going on in Ohio. Bowling Green is leading Buffalo 64-51 in the third. A loss would severely hurt Buffalo's NCAA hopes

I still don't see how this is a 3 team NCAA conference. It looks to me like the only one certain is whoever wins the tournament. And losing to Bowling Green is a bit like ND losing to Wake Forest. Or Oregon losing to Washington. It's cringe worthy.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 02/13/19 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/13/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NC State edges Syracuse in a very close, back-and-forth, interesting game. TMang is one heckuva clutch point guard, shooter and scrappy defender.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
NC State edges Syracuse in a very close, back-and-forth, interesting game. TMang is one heckuva clutch point guard, shooter and scrappy defender.

and Kiara Leslie was pretty much an all star for NC State to win it.

- Amanda Gorman
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 02/13/19 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

Two big upsets in the MAC. BG held on to beat Buffalo, 78-72, and Ohio got smoked in Toledo, 76-50.

PostPosted: 02/13/19 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Though after tonight's games, at least one of TCU or WVU should manage to squeak in, if not both.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Though after tonight's games, at least one of TCU or WVU should manage to squeak in, if not both.

ISU may not be a lock either...they beat Miami early in the season, but haven't had a good win since.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Foss wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Two big upsets in the MAC. BG held on to beat Buffalo, 78-72, and Ohio got smoked in Toledo, 76-50.

yikes. I didn't see that one coming. all the more to my point...a one team conference for the big dance.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 02/13/19 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

ISU may not be a lock either...they beat Miami early in the season, but haven't had a good win since.

Ya, Iowa State didn't need that loss to TCU, but credit the Horny Toads for pulling off the upset.

And YAYYYY!! Oklahoma beat Kansas! Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/13/19 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They'd have to free-fall, i.e. lose their upcoming games to the bottom teams in the conference too, otherwise they've probably only just hurt their chances significantly of being a Top-16 team without needing a win over Baylor.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/19 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They'd have to free-fall, i.e. lose their upcoming games to the bottom teams in the conference too, otherwise they've probably only just hurt their chances significantly of being a Top-16 team without needing a win over Baylor.

you're probably right. They'll have a lot of wins, even if they aren't over very good teams. But I think if they lose to Texas and Baylor coming up, it's less likely they host - and especially if they lose one other random one.

- Amanda Gorman
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 02/14/19 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Yeah, you don't go from a 4 seed to out of the tournament because of one bad loss, but that did almost certainly take them out of the Top 16 -- unless they can beat Baylor.

Side note about TCU -- a stat mentioned in the BU/TCU game -- the last time that TCU beat Baylor, Baylor's 2012 National title team was not born yet. That's a long draught.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/14/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

A loss at TCU is not a bad loss. If ISU only loses to Baylor they will certainly stay a top 4 seed. If they lose twice to Texas (in the regular season and the conference tourney) they could drop to a 5 or even a 6. On the other hand TCU is close to an NCAA team. They probably need one more big win (over Texas, Iowa State or Baylor), but with an RPI of 37 they have to be considered.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/14/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eastern Kentucky, the last team without a Division 1 win, briefly took a lead over Murray St in the 4th quarter today, only to have Murray St come back with an 8-0 run. Murray St 68-61 with under 7 minutes to go.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/14/19 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers sucking badly vs. Ohio State. Shooting just 19% & 0-9 from 3. OSU up 33-16 towards the end of the 2nd.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/14/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota just took Purdue to the woodshed in West Lafayette. It was a two-point game at the end of the 3rd, but Minnesota outscored Purdue 20-2 in the fourth to win the game by 20 points.

This is Purdue's 10th loss, and 5th loss in 6 games. It probably the nail in the coffin of their NCAA chances. That will be two seasons in a row not making the tournament and 3 seasons out of 5.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 02/14/19 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to know why Bianca is not back in the game!! She has been on the bench for far 2 long. She has 2 fouls but she hasn't been back in since being taken out in the 1st quarter. The other 4 have ALL been back in. If they lose this game it just might be because Bianca was on the bench. SC could use her steals and her 3 pointer and her defense!!

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/14/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I want to know why Bianca is not back in the game!! She has been on the bench for far 2 long. She has 2 fouls but she hasn't been back in since being taken out in the 1st quarter. The other 4 have ALL been back in. If they lose this game it just might be because Bianca was on the bench. SC could use her steals and her 3 pointer and her defense!!

They are driving me nuts right now Confused

toad455

PostPosted: 02/14/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OSU def. RU 59-39. RU shot 26% from the field and just 2-21 from 3. RU looking like a 8/9 seed now after their last three loses.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: