RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Best & Worse Reputations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 02/10/19 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
How is this thread this many posts long and nobody has brought up.....

Parker, Candace?

Is she really a locker room cancer though? I may dislike Princess Parker but that doesn’t make her a bad teammate.

PostPosted: 02/20/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

During the Harding/Smith years (year?) in DC didn't they managed to hold everyone hostage and get coach and GM fired????

I remember the TOT story but didn't hear Whitmore.

Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 03/11/19 1:30 pm    ::: Lynx-wise... Reply Reply with quote

Seimone Augustus has always been a terrific teammate and the glue that made the Lynx work together so well. Often times it is the person who holds the others together socially, with humor and friendship, who makes a locker-room tick.

I didn’t have any sense that Wiggins was awful while she was playing in MN. I think she had a very high opinion of herself and, when she didn’t become a star and people stopped paying attention to her? I think that’s when she got bitter and blamed others for her perceived failure. Wiggins was VERY invested in being the center of attention. But I don’t know that she was awful in the locker room at all. I mean, other players seemed SUPRISED by her feelings, so she obviously wasn’t misbehaving towards them. Like so many hateful people, Candice waited to be a jerk until she was out of reach.

Charde Houston was very outgoing, and a bit of a ball hog sometimes, but I always felt like Nicky Anosike was perhaps difficult in the locker room. Just my impression. She always seemed to hold herself apart. I mean, maybe she had reasons I don’t know about. Maybe she was just super shy. She just didn’t ever seem to gel with other players.

Lastly: Brunson’s work ethic can’t be overlooked. Already gifted players who never stop working to maximize their talent are invaluable in the locker room because they squelch whining just by example.

PostPosted: 03/13/19 3:51 pm    ::: Re: Lynx-wise... Reply Reply with quote

Chelsea Gray is a VERY positive person. I've not seen an injured player so invested in the team as when she was at Duke advising Alexis Jones at PG after breaking her kneecap. Also, she had herself ready to contribute in LA's championship run, despite coming off the bench all season.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: