RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Best & Worse Reputations?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:04 pm    ::: The Best & Worse Reputations? Reply Reply with quote

Can you name any player(s) that have been said to have been locker room cancers in league history?

One person who comes to mind is Brandy Reed.

Conversely, can you name any player(s) who have the best reputation as to being the glue to hold their team(s) together in league history?

Staley, Bird, Perrot, McWilliams-Franklin and Catch comes to mind when thinking of the best reputations.

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you want to include coaches, perhaps Nancy Lieberman might be an early example?

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
If you want to include coaches, perhaps Nancy Lieberman might be an early example?

Yeah. I can't think of anyone who she annoyed more than CamrnCrz1974.

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:24 pm    ::: Re: The Best & Worse Reputations? Reply Reply with quote

You could potentially include Sophia Young or Candice Wiggins depending on how well known their views were regarding LGBTQ Issues when they played.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1st name that came to mind was Planet Reed as well Laughing

Another i can think of "B Money Lennox!!"

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiggins and Lennox come to mind.

For the positive end: Avery Warley, Simone Edwards and Ashley Robinson's careers were likely extended due to the strong reputations.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/08/19 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

Yeah. I can't think of anyone who she annoyed more than CamrnCrz1974.

100 percent accurate, Genero!!!!!

Randy

PostPosted: 02/08/19 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Tot Byers?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/19 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
What about Tot Byers?

If you believe the allegations, she's the worst teammate ever

PostPosted: 02/08/19 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Bone has always given off a vibe that she's a locker room cancer and full of herself. The fact that she's been shuffled off to various teams only strengthens my suspicion that she's a locker room cancer. Charde Houston seemed to be a pop diva in both college and the league..seemed like any- and everything was so appalling and the victim was just thrown under the bus and omg Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great topic and good to see genero around anyway as we can observe from what we can see (more on this later)

Worst

General pains in as arse

Reed
Lennox
Beyers
Bentley
Bone (or as we called her in NY bonehead)
Braxton
Blackmon

I swear that all the Bs on this list happen to have names that start with b is pure coincidence

Homophobia

Holland corn
Dayley
Sophia Young
Wiggins

Also it's not politically correct given her admitted mental health issues but I think Holdsclaw would admit she wasn't easy to get along with as a player

Best

Catchings
Tully
Brondello (as a player)
Thorn (real reason libs kept her)
Warley Talbert
VJ
Edwards
Jasmine Thomas
Dydek (RIP)

Queenie made a point tho we don't see behind the curtain so we may see folks we hate on the court who are beloved off it...or those who are darlings on court but are assholes in the back so we need to go off feel

From what little we know i will make suggestions on both.

For the first example I'll say Plenette Pierson she always was rumored to have attituded herself off the merc and was saved by Bill but all I've heard from is that she's great in the back and the merc was more coaching turmoil at the time

For type 2 I would guess la Leslie always came off as arrogant and pompous to me

I know SASS was worried about feenstra fitting in they tasked David Robinson to help her adjust but it did seem unwarranted her flaming out was purely basketball related lol so guess she's a mix of the two types

Also heard enough and there was enough oddness about EDD to wonder bout her but I don't want a flame war so I'll be Donne for now Wink

Again great topic I'll be back in my tweeting nest now lol

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
What about Tot Byers?

If you believe the allegations, she's the worst teammate ever

If you believe those same allegations so was Tamika Whitmore...

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a point and time that seems forgotten by most where a lady named Lori Ann sat front row center in the crowd while her team played without her just to get a certain coach fired.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
There was a point and time that seems forgotten by most where a lady named Lori Ann sat front row center in the crowd while her team played without her just to get a certain coach fired.

Forgot her on my post (late night) but not in real life I still chant LOOOORRRRRIIIII ANNNNNNEEEEE every ft over that bs...agree Angel is a very ironic name and a hemmroid

Ditto cappie pondexter tho in that example I was showing restraint as there is a history with fans that may not be true in the back...that said...God's will...I'll rather be at fashion week lol

NEVER heard that bout whitmore...she's a jerk...yes but never heard anything about her and sex assault that's a serious allegation got links?

PostPosted: 02/09/19 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I was wondering when LoriAnngel would come up. I think one could make the argument she got 2 coaches fired. Sitting out during Cooper's last season certainly resulted in a poor record which got Cooper axed. It just took longer with Cooper than it did with MM. Angel and Cooper did not get along that well - he benched from time to time. There was a rumor going around that Dallas wanted to trade for Angel which may have precipitated her sitting out. The rumors seemed to have originated in Dallas but could be Cooper was interested enough to listen, until Angel pulled to the plug. To your comment about watching the game while instead of playing - she was there watching during Cooper's last season as well.

The good news is that so far at least, there hasn't been any obvious Collen/Angel drama.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 02/09/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brandy Reed played in Phoenix and I don't recall her being a problem in the locker room or with her teammates. Her problem was drugs and most addicts I know are a bit selfish (don't want to create a "label" - addicts I know tend to be selfish when feeding the addiction but are less so when not under the influence) and that could have been true with Brandy. She was wonderful with the fans.

PRballer

PostPosted: 02/09/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For various reasons:

Grace Daley
Kedra Holland-Corn
Judy Mosley McAfee (RIP)
Sophia Young
Latasha Byears
Alex Bentley
Candice Wiggins

Randy

PostPosted: 02/09/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some votes for Bentley. Why - just because she got into a fight with a teammate?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/09/19 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Some votes for Bentley. Why - just because she got into a fight with a teammate?

The teammate she fought with, who left the team for personal reasons afterward, has no mentions

PostPosted: 02/09/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I also remember her freezing out Maggie Lucas in college until they went off to Team USA trials together and came back BFFs. But before that, it was pretty obvious that Alex was refusing to pass the ball to Lucas.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I was wondering when LoriAnngel would come up. I think one could make the argument she got 2 coaches fired. Sitting out during Cooper's last season certainly resulted in a poor record which got Cooper axed. It just took longer with Cooper than it did with MM. Angel and Cooper did not get along that well - he benched from time to time. There was a rumor going around that Dallas wanted to trade for Angel which may have precipitated her sitting out. The rumors seemed to have originated in Dallas but could be Cooper was interested enough to listen, until Angel pulled to the plug. To your comment about watching the game while instead of playing - she was there watching during Cooper's last season as well.

The good news is that so far at least, there hasn't been any obvious Collen/Angel drama.

Angel is rough on coaches, but that doesn't make her a bad teammate. Her teammates seem to like her.

Actually, so does Marynell Meadors. She's come to some games the last few years, She and Angel always hug and talk is a very friendly manner before tip off.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

For type 2 I would guess la Leslie always came off as arrogant and pompous to me

She comes across that way in public, but her teammates have never failed to say glowing things about her.

Diana Taurasi is apparently polarizing. Some teammates love her, others forced their way out of Phoenix to get away from her.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Brandy Reed played in Phoenix and I don't recall her being a problem in the locker room or with her teammates. Her problem was drugs and most addicts I know are a bit selfish (don't want to create a "label" - addicts I know tend to be selfish when feeding the addiction but are less so when not under the influence) and that could have been true with Brandy. She was wonderful with the fans.

Cynthia Cooper might disagree.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s a lot of insinuating going on and it’s making me crazy lol just come out with the stories

PostPosted: 02/10/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is this thread this many posts long and nobody has brought up.....

Parker, Candace?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: