RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fairfax

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:28 pm    ::: Fairfax Reply Reply with quote

Posted this in "Northam" thread, but really it deserves own.

Still early and need to hear from everyone officially, but it sounds like this yahoo needs to resign as well. And I would caution anyone who demanded Kavanaugh's head but is more hesitant with this guy to take a second and reflect (and of course, vice versa).

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/692060595/virginia-lt-governors-accuser-comes-forward-with-account-of-alleged-sexual-assau?ft=nprml&f=1001

PostPosted: 02/08/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2nd accuser comes forward:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/politics/justin-fairfax-second-accuser/index.html

PostPosted: 02/08/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd agree....Fairfax needs to go. Parallels Kavanaugh's crimes closely enough, except ONE of them ends up with a lifetime appointment.

Regarding the VA debacle, I thought Mark Shields addressed it eloquently tonight.

PostPosted: 02/11/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-player Corey Maggette named in Duke rape case, report says

Quote:
The woman at the center of Duke's investigation into an alleged 1999 sexual assault told friends that Corey Maggette is the basketball player who she says raped her, according to a report by the New York Times.

The lawyer for Meredith Watson said in a statement Friday that Watson had been raped by a former Duke basketball player but did not identify the player. The Times reported Monday that both a childhood friend of Watson's, and Facebook messages Watson exchanged with another friend, identified the player in question as Maggette, who went on to play 14 years in the NBA after attending Duke for one year.

Maggette denied the allegations in a statement to the Times.

"It has only been through media accounts and a statement from Meredith Watson's lawyer that I first learned or heard of anything about these sexual assault allegations," he said. "I have never sexually assaulted anyone in my life and I completely and categorically deny any such charge."

Watson also has said that Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax sexually assaulted her on Duke's campus in Durham, North Carolina, when they were both students in 2000. A Facebook message from Watson acquired by the Times said she did not report the alleged Fairfax assault after the university discouraged her from pursuing the earlier case against Maggette.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25976301/ex-player-corey-maggette-named-duke-rape-case-report-says

The interesting part is she claims to have notified Duke Administration, and they pressured her to not make her claims public. I have zero doubt that Coach K was aware.....but Duke will never admit he did.

PostPosted: 02/12/19 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kavanaugh's "crimes" of being falsely accused by women of ill repute Rolling Eyes

There's not even any evidence that this Fairfax guy actually did anything. Even if he did, it's never stopped left-wingers from supporting the likes of Cory Booker, Keith Ellison, Bill Clinton and Bob Menendez in the past. Why should things be different with this guy?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/13/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
The interesting part is she claims to have notified Duke Administration, and they pressured her to not make her claims public. I have zero doubt that Coach K was aware.....but Duke will never admit he did.

Coach K kicked Rasheed Sulaimon off a national-contending team after there was a rumor of an allegation of a potential sexual assault. He would not have hesitated to have done so with Maggette, had he known.

I was at Duke at the time of the alleged incident involving Maggette. There was a lot that was unknown about him (Myron Piggie, for one). Had K known he would have left after one year, I cannot see Coach K taking him. Elton Brand was his first recruit to leave early (and it was that same year) and did so with K's blessing after winning POY awards. William Avery also completed two years, but did not have the same blessing.

Coach K did not embrace one and done until he really had to this decade.

My point is that he would not have hesitated to have kicked him off (side note...Duke had an amazing team and Maggette was not a starter).

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/13/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
My point is that he would not have hesitated to have kicked him off (side note...Duke had an amazing team and Maggette was not a starter).

Yeah. That loss to UConn was one of the biggest upsets in Final Four history that comes to mind. Was Maggette the first one off the bench? Even though he came off the bench, he was projected to have the best pro career of any Duke player. He turned out to be a good player that knew how to get to the foul line but nothing great. Hill and now, Irving are at the top of the list.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/13/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Yeah. That loss to UConn was one of the biggest upsets in Final Four history that comes to mind. Was Maggette the first one off the bench? Even though he came off the bench, he was projected to have the best pro career of any Duke player. He turned out to be a good player that knew how to get to the foul line but nothing great. Hill and now, Irving are at the top of the list.
ah. UCo

Bah. UConn was the better TEAM.

PostPosted: 02/14/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Even though he came off the bench, he was projected to have the best pro career of any Duke player. He turned out to be a good player that knew how to get to the foul line but nothing great. Hill and now, Irving are at the top of the list.

It was not Maggette. That always was Grant Hill.

Maggette was thought to have the most potential of those who left when he did -- Trajan Langdon (senior), William Avery (sophomore), Elton Brand (sophomore), and Maggette (freshman)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: