RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Christin Hedgpeth Promoted to WNBA Chief Operating Officer

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57930
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 12:34 pm    ::: Christin Hedgpeth Promoted to WNBA Chief Operating Officer Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wnba.com/news/christin-hedgpeth-promoted-to-wnba-chief-operating-officer/

Quote:
Hedgpeth previously served as Vice President, Team Marketing and Business Operations (TMBO) for the NBA, consulting with WNBA and NBA teams where she provided strategic support to WNBA teams in ticket sales, sponsorship and marketing, while also helping NBA teams drive their youth basketball and overall branding initiatives at the team level. During her tenure in this role, WNBA team sponsorships grew nearly 30 percent.



_________________
Marlene watches from the wall
Her mocking smile says it all
As she records the rise and fall
Of every soldier passing
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20826
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems a little bit odd to promote her into that spot while you're still looking for her new boss, but I guess it's more of an organisational decision than a single person hiring an underling. Whether she's any good or not, who the hell knows from the outside.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2137



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford women are slowly taking over the league and that might be a good thing. Smarts + business acumen in many of them. You also have Nneka leading the WNBPA and Jayne Appel as head of player relations for the WNBPA

And of course Bethany doing her thing at the league offices as well...
https://www.wnba.com/news/bethany-donaphin-named-head-of-wnba-league-operations/

Not in the W, but Wideman is also in the NBA league office:
https://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2018/09/06/former-wnba-player-jamila-wideman-joins-nbas-player-development-department/

So who's the president gonna be, Condoleeza Rice? Azzi? Henning? Smile


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17277
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/19 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Stanford women are slowly taking over the league and that might be a good thing. Smarts + business acumen in many of them. You also have Nneka leading the WNBPA and Jayne Appel as head of player relations for the WNBPA


Let us not forget that Christin Hedgpeth has her MBA from Duke University; WNBA President Lisa Borders has her Bachelor's degree from Duke (and also serves on the Duke University Board of Trustees); Duke grad Elizabeth Williams is the WNBPA Secretary; Duke grad Karima Christmas is a WNBPA player representative; and Duke grad Chelsea Gray and former Duke player Alexis Jones WNBPA player rep alternates.

Smile


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9384



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/19 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PRballer wrote:
Stanford women are slowly taking over the league and that might be a good thing. Smarts + business acumen in many of them. You also have Nneka leading the WNBPA and Jayne Appel as head of player relations for the WNBPA


Let us not forget that Christin Hedgpeth has her MBA from Duke University; WNBA President Lisa Borders has her Bachelor's degree from Duke (and also serves on the Duke University Board of Trustees); Duke grad Elizabeth Williams is the WNBPA Secretary; Duke grad Karima Christmas is a WNBPA player representative; and Duke grad Chelsea Gray and former Duke player Alexis Jones WNBPA player rep alternates.

Smile


Just a wild guess -- did you go to Duke?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17277
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Just a wild guess -- did you go to Duke?


I just might have a degree from Duke... Smile


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5182
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/06/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the great wits from Ohio State once said:

"She who can, plays. She who can't, administrates."

Or someone/something like that.
craigmont



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Posts: 538
Location: Bing-town


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Just a wild guess -- did you go to Duke?


I just might have a degree from Duke... Smile


Screen name checks out.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7021



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/19 4:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, McCallie not only prepares them for life on the court but life off the court as well.


PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2137



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/07/19 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Boy, McCallie not only prepares them for life on the court but life off the court as well.


I think you're being tongue-in-cheek, but the majority of the women Cam mentioned did not play for or attend Duke during the mediocre McCallie era. The ones who did either transferred away (Jones) or wrote the administration shedding light on the problems in the program (Williams). Christmas was recruited by Gail Goestenkors.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin