RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#1 Baylor @ #14 Texas: 2.4.19

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Baylor vs. Texas: Showdown in the Lonestar State
The Bears Maul the Longhorns
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
The Longhorns Gore the Bears
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Too Close To Call, But Excellent Sportsmanship, Graciousness and Fine Fashion Abound
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Myrtle Oughtta Pick Texas
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11878
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/19 6:15 pm    ::: #1 Baylor @ #14 Texas: 2.4.19 Reply Reply with quote

7 pm EST
ESPN2

Frank Erwin Center, Austin TX

Can/will Baylor retain its stranglehold on the Big 12 and the Nation??



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4000



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/19 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like to see what Collier can do against Brown & Co. And with the shortage of top guards in the game this could turn into a mosh pit game.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11672
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/19 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Baylor could run a fastbreak correctly, they'd be ahead by 25.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4000



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First 5 min. = 15 TO's.

Holmes - what a total waste of talent. Still trying to prove she's a pg.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4000



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/19 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well this turned into an interesting end-game. The announcer said that the 28 points by Texas is the most in a period by any team vs Baylor so far this season. They must have found out I played the under (134.5). Rolling Eyes




Last edited by linkster on 02/04/19 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14664
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Texas continues to have one goodish win. This looks like a team that is an early candidate for a first-round upset in the NCAAs.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11878
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe a more-interesting-than-expected #1-#14 matchup....Question

Well, it got interesting over the last 4 minutes. Laughing Maybe the biggest positive of the game was how TX clawed their way back after being down by 20.

Noteworthy points:

*Baylor mighta easily lost that one but for 2 words: Didi & Moon. 2 kids who pulled way more than their weight tonight.

*TX deserves big credit for limiting Kalani to 1 pt in the first half--Better teams than TX haven't been able to do that.

*Baylor might very well skate to a #1-overall ranking, given what remains of the season. Though I'm always glad to see a Big 12 team in that position, it may well be the grandest of many Ranking Mirages this season: TX didn't play THAT WELL tonight that The Number One Team could beat them by a mere 6 points....Baylor has too many vulnerabilities to deserve the Overall #1 crown. Shocked They ain't gonna all the way to the top if they have games like this, where Juicy and Kalani go missing in action, or they get outscored 13-28 in a quarter merely cuz of a press, or the don't improve their FT shooting....etc., etc.

*I can't for the life of me understand why TX did not penetrate into the lane to force more fouls. Way too much mid-range baloney against a far-superior rebounding team.

*Kudos to Danni Williams for a heroic, stellar performance.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 669
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what team this year really deserves to be #1 ? There is no clear cut team. For that matter, you can not even really cut it down to two or even three teams. This one is wide open this year. Come tournament time, it will probably depend on match ups and who is hot as opposed to who is not.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17570
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
*Baylor might very well skate to a #1-overall ranking, given what remains of the season. Though I'm always glad to see a Big 12 team in that position, it may well be the grandest of many Ranking Mirages this season: TX didn't play THAT WELL tonight that The Number One Team could beat them by a mere 6 points..


At the same time, Baylor took its foot off the gas and did not have the same focus in the fourth quarter, leading 61-42 to start the final period.


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17570
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor has won 19 out of the last 20 matchups with Texas.

In 6.5 seasons (this is her 7th season), Karen Aston has defeated Baylor one time.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11878
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Howee wrote:
*Baylor might very well skate to a #1-overall ranking, given what remains of the season. Though I'm always glad to see a Big 12 team in that position, it may well be the grandest of many Ranking Mirages this season: TX didn't play THAT WELL tonight that The Number One Team could beat them by a mere 6 points..


At the same time, Baylor took its foot off the gas and did not have the same focus in the fourth quarter, leading 61-42 to start the final period.


Yes: to her credit, Mulkey took her stars out for a chunk. BUT....it was still a tough scramble when the press was implemented and the stars came back in. They also had a tough time with OK-State in Stillwater, down by 2 going into Q4. Just some moments of being vulnerable, I s'pose.

willtalk wrote:
So what team this year really deserves to be #1 ? There is no clear cut team. For that matter, you can not even really cut it down to two or even three teams. This one is wide open this year. Come tournament time, it will probably depend on match ups and who is hot as opposed to who is not.


Don't get me wrong....I'm not *upset* by Baylor's ascendance here; I'd like to say it's related to real parity at the upper levels: NO one is utterly dominant, and this should certainly make for a great tournament. Cool



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3245
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
So what team this year really deserves to be #1 ? There is no clear cut team. For that matter, you can not even really cut it down to two or even three teams. This one is wide open this year. Come tournament time, it will probably depend on match ups and who is hot as opposed to who is not.

Very true post statement.



_________________
FEAR THE DEER!
TechDawgMc



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 254
Location: Temple, TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/05/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:


Yes: to her credit, Mulkey took her stars out for a chunk. BUT....it was still a tough scramble when the press was implemented and the stars came back in. They also had a tough time with OK-State in Stillwater, down by 2 going into Q4. Just some moments of being vulnerable, I s'pose.




The OKie St. game bothers me a lot more than the UT comeback. Credit to UT for fighting back, but Mulkey did really take her foot off the gas in the 4th -- considerably too early.

OTOH, at OSU, they really played badly and let a 3 point shooter give them fits -- a problem I thought they were moving toward solving.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin