RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

hey, old schoolers! look what i found.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 01/20/19 5:54 pm    ::: hey, old schoolers! look what i found. Reply Reply with quote

cleaning out storage, and lo and behold - the original cutout cards of rebby, which were mailed out to rebkellers who wanted to pose him around the world, a la flat stanley. rebby got around, all right, and we had photos of so many wnba folk who joined in on our little game.

. . . and i don't even remember this: someone made rebby into bona fide u.s. postage!

. . . which only makes my head hurt. i canNOT throw this stuff away, but what am i supposed to do with it at this stage of my life?! to say nothing of my rebkell nation t-shirts.

PostPosted: 01/20/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was intending to bring my Rebby to Tenerife last year and get him on tv but my packing ended up being rushed and I forget him Sad

PostPosted: 01/20/19 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I was intending to bring my Rebby to Tenerife last year and get him on tv but my packing ended up being rushed and I forget him Sad

i remember rebby tagging along with you in . . . vegas? somewhere where you and jammer happened to hook up? brain's getting fuzzy. i do remember all the players, coaches and president orender (how many prezes ago was that?!) posing with rebby at the 2007 all-star game. i had pages and pages on my site of rebby hookups. * sigh! * those were the good old days. life seemed so much simpler then, right?

PostPosted: 01/20/19 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish we could bring back the Rebkell T-shirts.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/20/19 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Life's always simple when you're a simple person like me.
Rebby did indeed join me in Vegas, along with Phoenix, San Francisco & LA in 2007.
There are a few threads about him such as this one, but most of the image links are broken Sad

[/quote]

PostPosted: 01/20/19 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

i think you could reassemble it fairly easily, if you went off the image above. you can find the bball image somewhere, then it's just manipulating the text on customink.com, which is where i got them done and is still in business and still well-regarded, far as i can tell. everything was done online, even way back then, so it should be much easier now. actually, uniquely designed tees that say "rebkell nation" would add cachet, i think, not unlike the "hollister" tees out there. like, who doesn't know what rebkell nation is?!

PostPosted: 01/20/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Life's always simple when you're a simple person like me.
Rebby did indeed join me in Vegas, along with Phoenix, San Francisco & LA in 2007.
There are a few threads about him such as this one, but most of the image links are broken Sad

[/quote]

awwww. thanks, luuuc, for the trip down memory lane. where there were broken links, i imagined.

PostPosted: 01/20/19 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
toad455 wrote:

i think you could reassemble it fairly easily, if you went off the image above. you can find the bball image somewhere, then it's just manipulating the text on customink.com, which is where i got them done and is still in business and still well-regarded, far as i can tell. everything was done online, even way back then, so it should be much easier now. actually, uniquely designed tees that say "rebkell nation" would add cachet, i think, not unlike the "hollister" tees out there. like, who doesn't know what rebkell nation is?!

I still have my shirts and they are in great condition. I wouldn't doubt that a copy of the imprint could be made from them. I still have my photocopy of Rebby here also. I'm a pack rat, don't ya know...

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
lilcrc

PostPosted: 01/26/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to know I'm not the only one that still has Rebby Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/26/19 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I often wonder if I could find smoovie's old basketball shooting game. But then, I don't have jammer's old website anymore either where our photos were posted...

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/26/19 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
I often wonder if I could find smoovie's old basketball shooting game. But then, I don't have jammer's old website anymore either where our photos were posted...

That thing was funny. I actually used to play it myself. As far as the site, yikes. I have no idea. Maybe it’s still up somewhere. It definitely was a free hosting thing, anglefire, I believe. What a different world we live in today. Jeez. This whole thing had a much different feel back then. Not saying it was better but wow was it different. I had a few websites. drivebyla.com. Had an anti-police killings site. Something called mopolitico.

Internet is some weird ass shit. Wink

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: