RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games: Week of 1.22.18 through 1.30.18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/31/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Duke 66 Boston Coll 66

BC was down 2 in the final 10 seconds, but Milan Bolden-Morris stole the ball and Makayla Jenkins scored in the final second.

and they're tied at the end of OT#1. Exciting game to challenge for the cellar in the ACC.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/31/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke going to double overtime with BC.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/31/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Gorecki of Duke hits 1 of 2 FT with 2 seconds to go to force a 2nd overtime

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/31/19 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke is 1-7 in the ACC. If McCallie keeps her job I’ll be amazed.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/31/19 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makayla Dickens ( I mistakenly referred to her as Jenkins in a prior post) hits a game winner at the buzzer. for BC 92-90. She hit the game tying shot in regulation also.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe just reached 20-20 early in the 4th as Stanford & Cal battle it out in a close one.

PostPosted: 02/01/19 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great close, see-saw game between Cal and Stanford. Multiple last minute heroics. Cal wins on last femtosecond layup. Cardinal loses two in a row for first time in a long time.
elsie

PostPosted: 02/01/19 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but, Stanford still has the bestest players and the bestest coach...so I'm told....

once the whole of womens college bb gets it into their heads that YES...the NDs...the Stanfords...the Uconns CAN be beat, we'll see an uptick of college teams flirting with conference championships and national championships...

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/01/19 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The victory for Cal is the biggest in Anigwe's career. 25 points, 23 rebounds. Anigwe has generally had difficulties against top competition but was outstanding tonight.

There was no lead of more than 5 points by either team I believe. Cal shot 12-30 from 3, one of their keys to success. Their next three games are against Stanford (Saturday), Oregon and Oregon St, so getting this game was big.

willtalk

PostPosted: 02/01/19 3:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really big win by Cal. This certainly helps them as far as keeping a shot at making the NCAA's.

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Really big win by Cal. This certainly helps them as far as keeping a shot at making the NCAA's.

I believe Cal will make the NCAA if they go 8-10 in the Pac 12. That now means just beating the Washington Schools and a win over either one of the Southern California schools or one of the Arizona schools,

Howee

PostPosted: 02/01/19 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
but, Stanford still has the bestest players and the bestest coach...so I'm told....

Your silly trolling is bordering pathetic. I don't remember anyone here ever saying Stanford is invincible. And I never recall Stanford fans gloating the many times they beat Gonzaga.

You got your Big Gonzaga win over Stanford this season, but that still doesn't negate the fact that Stanford's program will have a greater legacy than Gonzaga's for our lifetimes.

PostPosted: 02/01/19 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry.....only responding to this statement made the other day that was pretty arrogant when stanford played Utah........I want Stanford to win....just don't like this attitude...

"Expect that will change. Stanford clearly more talented lineup and obviously, better coached." NOT!

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/01/19 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford dominated the Pac 12 for nearly 20 years. That is just fact. Over the past decade Arizona St, Oregon, Oregon St, Cal, UCLA and Washington have all competed with them, but Stanford continues to be one of the elite. No one in the West has been as consistently good as the Cardinal.

The win by Cal marks the first time that Cal has beaten Stanford twice in a row since 1986. Cal isn't as good as Stanford this season but they are clearly competitive enough that they could pull the upset. I will be shocked if they do it again tomorrow.

The games next week between the Oregon schools and the NorCal schools will be crucial to the final standings in the Pac 12, and will also affect the seeding of all 4 teams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: