RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Miami (FL) @ #13 Syracuse, 1/23 7PM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/23/19 10:57 am    ::: Miami (FL) @ #13 Syracuse, 1/23 7PM Reply Reply with quote

Streaming on WatchESPN/ACCNE

Should be a good game. Two good teams, two good coaches, both need the win for conference standings and Tournament seeding.

It seems we don't get enough games between evenly matched quality teams, but this is one of them.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As of this morning (January 23, 2019), Syracuse is 6th in RPI, while Miami is 35th.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

RealTimeRPI notes that Syracuse's win probability is 73.2% and is predicting Syracuse to win, 80-69.
http://www.realtimerpi.com/cgi-bin/rpi/scouting?team1=164&team2=157&gender=0&home=&date=01-23

Personally, I think the game could be a lot closer, if Mompremier stays out of foul trouble and Miami limits open looks from three.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/23/19 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
As of this morning (January 23, 2019), Syracuse is 6th in RPI, while Miami is 35th.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

RealTimeRPI notes that Syracuse's win probability is 73.2% and is predicting Syracuse to win, 80-69.
http://www.realtimerpi.com/cgi-bin/rpi/scouting?team1=164&team2=157&gender=0&home=&date=01-23

Personally, I think the game could be a lot closer, if Mompremier stays out of foul trouble and Miami limits open looks from three.

Both teams have been inconsistant at times, but I think on a neutral court this would pretty close to a toss up. At Cuse, the home team likely has the edge.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/23/19 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good action so far. zip, zip, zip...

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/23/19 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miami big run just before half and lead 45-37

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/23/19 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still holding the Orange at arms length. 8 point lead. 1 quarter to go.

PostPosted: 01/23/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mangakahia not on her 'A' game. But mostly Syracuse had no answer for Miami's bigs. 84-71 final.

- Amanda Gorman
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Mangakahia not on her 'A' game. But mostly Syracuse had no answer for Miami's bigs. 84-71 final.

As a Syracuse resident, I got to as many games as possible. Syracuse's biggest problem is that Q plays too many people and his massive subbing doesn't allow them to get in any offensive flow at all.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/23/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:

As a Syracuse resident, I got to as many games as possible. Syracuse's biggest problem is that Q plays too many people and his massive subbing doesn't allow them to get in any offensive flow at all.

Whenever I see Engstler I think she brings some good things, but IMO he doesn't play her enough. You have several good Freshman though.

- Amanda Gorman
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/24/19 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Whenever I see Engstler I think she brings some good things, but IMO he doesn't play her enough. You have several good Freshman though.

Engstler will be a star, but she can't defend a chair. That's why she doesn't get as much PT as she should.

And, I live in Syarcuse, but they're not my team. I go to support WBB and I root for them. I'm a blue bleeding UCONN fan. Thanks! HAAAA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: