RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What teams are not living up to expectations this year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/19/19 11:34 pm    ::: What teams are not living up to expectations this year? Reply Reply with quote

So the exceeding expectations thread made me think about teams not quite living up to expectations this year.

The one that comes to mind for me so is Villanova that sits at 2-5 in BE play so far which puts them in 7th and they were picked to finish 3rd in the conference and were a 2018 NCAA Tournament team.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 01/19/19 11:44 pm    ::: Re: What teams are not living up to expectations this year? Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
So the exceeding expectations thread made me think about teams not quite living up to expectations this year.

The one that comes to mind for me so is Villanova that sits at 2-5 in BE play so far which puts them in 7th and they were picked to finish 3rd in the conference and were a 2018 NCAA Tournament team.

Tennessee, Georgia, Cal. I'd also add my team DePaul. We only lost one real contributor from last season and added Dahlman. We've been under achieving.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/20/19 8:26 am    ::: Re: What teams are not living up to expectations this year? Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Tennessee, Georgia, Cal. I'd also add my team DePaul. We only lost one real contributor from last season and added Dahlman. We've been under achieving.

I thought about adding DePaul here but it feels like they might be bouncing back a bit now. The Marquette-DePaul game on Feb. 3rd could be interesting - I could see DePaul winning that one...

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/20/19 12:00 pm    ::: Re: What teams are not living up to expectations this year? Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I expected much more out of Georgia as well. In a year where the heavy hitters took major losses due to transfers, I thought Georgia was The team most likely to take advantage and moved to the top of the rankings.

In the Big 10 I I thought Minnesota would be doing better than they were despite the fact that they have a new coach coming in. They are just not taking to Whalen's new way of play as quickly as I felt they would. similarly, Nebraska has struggled mightily. Their fresh class shows a lot of potential though. The biggest head scratcher in the big however is Maryland. I figured they would run away easily from the competition this year.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/20/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Maryland, Oklahoma, UCLA, Miami, UVA, Michigan, the entire A10 but especially George Washington, Dayton and Richmond.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/20/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota. Just cuz I bought into the hype even though they have zero bench.

Also thought Nebraska would be better.

Lady Vols. Again.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/21/19 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only had a certain amount of expectations for Tennessee because most of their players are freshmen and sophomores. Meme Jackson was looking really good but has fallen into one of her godawful slumps.

PostPosted: 01/21/19 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/21/19 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I only had a certain amount of expectations for Tennessee because most of their players are freshmen and sophomores. Meme Jackson was looking really good but has fallen into one of her godawful slumps.

Did those expectations include losing to Arkansas? At home?

You better tell me they're all in 6th grade if you're going to use "youth" as an excuse for 1-5 in conference. But hey, they're a half game ahead of Vandy.

Mark your calendars. Set your DVRs. Sunday Feb 3. 3pm. ESPN2. Tenn at Vandy. Don't miss it.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 01/22/19 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is going on with Oklahoma? I mean, I happened to channel surf a couple weeks ago and find them playing UConn to a very close game. I decide to check in on them and see their record, which has gotten worse since then.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/22/19 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
What is going on with Oklahoma? I mean, I happened to channel surf a couple weeks ago and find them playing UConn to a very close game. I decide to check in on them and see their record, which has gotten worse since then.

Dunno. But they play/start a lot of freshman and this is usually the time of year that freshman hit a wall. But this is bad, so maybe something else is happening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: