RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19986



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Bernie still can't win the south, which will prevent him from being the nominee outright.


I'm not sure who you think is going to win in the south. African Americans despise Bloomberg and don't much like Buttigieg. Warren's finished and Biden's campaign is crashing. Unless you think Klobuchar plays in Dixie it's going to be Sanders by default.


Don’t waste your time. Razz



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19986



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Are you sure about Sanders?

It feels like there are some powerful forces (Democratic elites and some of the media) that will work hard to prevent him from being the nominee.


That’s all true. And Sanders will be the nominee which shows you his talents and reach are more than the sum total of what the party and the media let on.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7558



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
the best way to tell the two parties apart is to get their position on Global Warming.


Abortion. We have two military-industrial parties, one pro-choice and one pro-life.


D’oh. How did I forget that one. And guns. And maybe giving homage to Christianity/God. Ditto for the military and “flag waving” stuff. I think it was Noam Chomsky who said that in the 1960s the Republican leadership embraced certain social issues in order to broaden their appeal. It is puzzling to me how it works though as to me there is no relationship between, for example, your opinion on abortion and your opinion on government size and public assistance or tax rates. Or your opinion on religion or guns and your opinion on government funded healthcare.


jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19986



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
the best way to tell the two parties apart is to get their position on Global Warming.


Abortion. We have two military-industrial parties, one pro-choice and one pro-life.


D’oh. How did I forget that one. And guns. And maybe giving homage to Christianity/God. Ditto for the military and “flag waving” stuff. I think it was Noam Chomsky who said that in the 1960s the Republican leadership embraced certain social issues in order to broaden their appeal. It is puzzling to me how it works though as to me there is no relationship between, for example, your opinion on abortion and your opinion on government size and public assistance or tax rates. Or your opinion on religion or guns and your opinion on government funded healthcare.


I could write that it’s as if someone chose those positions for them. Maybe even by pulling them out of a hat.

But that’s not it at all. The thing that aligns these positions on what appears on the surface to be unrelated issues is that they are, very naturally and organically, held by the people who hold them. They’re all explainable as they matter to the individuals who make up these giant swaths of the populace. All it then takes is one of the parties to align themselves sympathetically and cynically to the groups through their issue loyalty. But—and I think I’ve had to argue this here before—for the voters, these issues all really do matter.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53479



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="630" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H9EPgPD5pec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12447
Location: In a world where a psychopath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so more hillary supporters didn't vote for obama than bernie supporters didn't vote for hillary.

take that, bernie bro bashers. Cool



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60277
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden's dropped nine points in South Carolina in the past week. At this rate he'll be fighting for fourth, with a fair chance of coming sixth, by the time of the primary. He's already lost the lead in Nevada. Super Tuesday ain't gonna save him, even if he makes it that far.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7558



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tom Steyer has been running a ton of commercials in the SF Bay Area. He recently started running one that showed him in second place in a South Carolina poll. Shocking to hear given how low he has been in the national polls. But Bloomberg is still getting the biggest bang for his buck nationally and seems to have the Democratic elite moving towards him.

2020 is starting to look like two very rich guys who used their money to get a presidential nomination fighting it out. Someday we could have a President Bezos.


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18612



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After years of bludgering candidates with "Medicare For ALL" or "you are a corporate shrill" Sanders and supporters are walking back from the stance.

Any thoughts from the bros? Or is this totally reasonable somehow, but all other candidates are corporate whores?



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20814



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
After years of bludgering candidates with "Medicare For ALL" or "you are a corporate shrill" Sanders and supporters are walking back from the stance.

Any thoughts from the bros? Or is this totally reasonable somehow, but all other candidates are corporate whores?


Sanders knows he can't stick to his old policies to beat Trump. He's got to change his plan and hope he gets other democrats behind him.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19986



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
After years of bludgering candidates with "Medicare For ALL" or "you are a corporate shrill" Sanders and supporters are walking back from the stance.

Any thoughts from the bros? Or is this totally reasonable somehow, but all other candidates are corporate whores?


Sanders knows he can't stick to his old policies to beat Trump. He's got to change his plan and hope he gets other democrats behind him.


I think he's starting to adjust to the belief that he's going to be the nominee and he's now starting to run against Trump.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7558



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/15/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
After years of bludgering candidates with "Medicare For ALL" or "you are a corporate shrill" Sanders and supporters are walking back from the stance.

Any thoughts from the bros? Or is this totally reasonable somehow, but all other candidates are corporate whores?


His website still says Medicare for All. Where and when has he walked it back?

https://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/

The corporate media and DNC leadership and donors still seem against him, which is a good sign he is staying progressive.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin