RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/20/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After the last 2019 Dem debate, here's in order my current candidate preference going into the primaries:

1. Warren, 2. Yang, 3. Sanders, 4. Klobuchar, 5. Buttigieg, 6. Biden

With Steyer and those that didn't qualify for the past debate effectively tied for seventh. Fwiw, I identify as a queer biracial millennial male.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/20/19 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked what I saw of the debate last night. I missed most of the first half. I liked the smaller field. Easier, for me at least, to contrast/compare answers. It was more like a dinner table discussion among family (not my family though Wink ). I liked the questions and that the moderators allowed them time to finish answers and the others could jump in.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 12/26/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Democratic insiders: Bernie could win the nomination
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2019/12/26/can-bernie-sanders-win-2020-election-president-089636

Quote:
“I believe people should take him very seriously. He has a very good shot of winning Iowa, a very good shot of winning New Hampshire, and other than Joe Biden, the best shot of winning Nevada,” said Dan Pfeiffer, who served as an adviser to former President Barack Obama. “He could build a real head of steam heading into South Carolina and Super Tuesday.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 12/26/19 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Backlash to Pete Buttigieg’s Christmas tweet and the religious divide it exposes

Quote:
Buttigieg, an Episcopalian who often discusses his faith on the campaign trail, sought to tie the Nativity story to some of the issues dominating political discourse. He tweeted:

“Today I join millions around the world in celebrating the arrival of divinity on earth, who came into this world not in riches but in poverty, not as a citizen but as a refugee. No matter where or how we celebrate, merry Christmas."

Quote:
Criticism of Buttigieg and other candidates on the left who discuss their faith, such as Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and former vice president Joe Biden, has simmered for a while among those who find left-leaning interpretations of Christianity problematic. But the response to Buttigieg’s depiction of Christ on Christmas magnifies how the war over Christianity could be a prominent battle in 2020 as voters try to shape the moral future of America through policy.

Some wondered whether Buttigieg’s decision not to say the name Jesus — something he rarely does when discussing his Christian values — was a way to minimize the centrality of Christ in Christmas.

And others disagreed with Buttigieg that Jesus, who the Bible teaches was born in a manger to Mary, the wife of a carpenter, was impoverished.

But it was perhaps Buttigieg’s classification of Jesus as a refugee — a common line among the Christian left — that received almost immediate pushback from evangelicals.

The citizenship status of Jesus is of such debate because it has real implications for how Christians on both sides of the aisle conduct policy moving forward.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/backlash-to-pete-buttigiegs-christmas-tweet-and-the-religious-divide-it-exposes/ar-BBYmEzs?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 12/26/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Backlash to Pete Buttigieg’s Christmas tweet and the religious divide it exposes

Quote:
Buttigieg, an Episcopalian who often discusses his faith on the campaign trail, sought to tie the Nativity story to some of the issues dominating political discourse. He tweeted:

“Today I join millions around the world in celebrating the arrival of divinity on earth, who came into this world not in riches but in poverty, not as a citizen but as a refugee. No matter where or how we celebrate, merry Christmas."

Quote:
Criticism of Buttigieg and other candidates on the left who discuss their faith, such as Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and former vice president Joe Biden, has simmered for a while among those who find left-leaning interpretations of Christianity problematic. But the response to Buttigieg’s depiction of Christ on Christmas magnifies how the war over Christianity could be a prominent battle in 2020 as voters try to shape the moral future of America through policy.

Some wondered whether Buttigieg’s decision not to say the name Jesus — something he rarely does when discussing his Christian values — was a way to minimize the centrality of Christ in Christmas.

And others disagreed with Buttigieg that Jesus, who the Bible teaches was born in a manger to Mary, the wife of a carpenter, was impoverished.

But it was perhaps Buttigieg’s classification of Jesus as a refugee — a common line among the Christian left — that received almost immediate pushback from evangelicals.

The citizenship status of Jesus is of such debate because it has real implications for how Christians on both sides of the aisle conduct policy moving forward.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/backlash-to-pete-buttigiegs-christmas-tweet-and-the-religious-divide-it-exposes/ar-BBYmEzs?li=BBnb7Kz

This entire story line is so freeking LAFFABLE!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I mean, first of all....REALLY?!!! Y'all got nothing better to pick apart than a 'neutral' (but Christian) tweet as innocuous as that? But....never mind. We've moved from "Barack Obama is a MUSLIM!!", to the Full Out Pussy Grabbing Heathen in charge now, and now people can get their knickers in a twist about that tweet?? It just tells you about the Realness of the Christians we're surrounded by. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 12/30/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The DNC has found a new way to exclude people (Yang) from the debate. Raise the polling bar then have no polls. There hasn't been a qualifying early state poll in 47 days.

PostPosted: 12/30/19 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden says he's open to choosing a Republican running mate

PostPosted: 12/30/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

WTF did he say that!?!?!?! Come on, Joe!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 12/30/19 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/12/30/election-2020-joe-biden-says-he-would-consider-republican-running-mate/2777130001/

Quote:
There are some really decent Republicans that are out there

PostPosted: 12/30/19 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Biden was referring to Buttigieg?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BizW8GTNPI8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 12/30/19 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Ooookay, Joe. It's bedtime. Laughing

PostPosted: 01/01/20 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zXo8MXCZzao" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/01/20 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/12/30/election-2020-joe-biden-says-he-would-consider-republican-running-mate/2777130001/

Quote:
There are some really decent Republicans that are out there

Laughing

lil bit of twisting there...

"I would consider it but I can't think of one now"

PostPosted: 01/02/20 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Julian Castro drops out

PostPosted: 01/02/20 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You would think some up and coming media outlet would have the good sense to corral the candidates that don't make the debate and live stream them and a moderator watching the debate, responding to the questions, and countering things said by the candidates onstage.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/02/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marianne Williamson laid off her entire campaign staff

PostPosted: 01/02/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Marianne Williamson laid off her entire campaign staff

God bless her for not just dropping out like others equal to/above her polling level have Laughing Maybe having a mortal staff made of living beings didn't suit her and she's gonna try contacting some spirits in the afterlife with nothing better to do to help her out. Very Happy

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/03/20 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Julian Castro drops out

The party needs to take a good look at their system. The party rules make it difficult for candidates of color to run.

PostPosted: 01/06/20 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Judge Judy rules in favor of Mike Bloomberg, will join him on campaign trail

Quote:
The 30-second commercial, titled “Judge Him,” shows Sheindlin sitting in what looks like judicial chambers, advocating for Bloomberg’s “steady leadership” in “very challenging times.” The setting and the atmosphere capitalize on what the former New York family court judge has spent nearly 25 television seasons building: credibility.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/476867-judge-judy-rules-in-favor-of-mike-bloomberg-will-join-him-on-campaign-trail

<embed><iframe width="695" height="391" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-bITEVXwHtI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bITEVXwHtI

PostPosted: 01/06/20 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/06/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really hoping that the next debate in February are just Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg & Klobuchar.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/06/20 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="695" height="391" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RRiNCX6H0G8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRiNCX6H0G8

PostPosted: 01/08/20 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GxyXrezEfL0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 01/09/20 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From what I've heard these numbers are out of date (Bloomberg is up to $150 million, Biden up to $3 million) but the most recent numbers I could find are:

Total TV and radio ad spending (as of Jan. 7)
Bloomberg: $142 million
Steyer: $67 million
Sanders: $10 million
Buttigieg: $10 million
Yang: $6.6 million
Trump: $5.7 million
Warren: $3.3 million
Biden: $2.6 million

Source:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1111831#blogHeader

pilight

PostPosted: 01/10/20 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marianne Williamson is suspending her campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 28 of 43

Jump to: