RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/03/19 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Post-debate Morning Consult Dem WH poll (conducted 8/1)

Biden 32%
Sanders 18%
Warren 15%
Harris 10%
Buttigieg 6%
Booker 3%
O'Rourke 3%
Yang 2%

Harris down.

18% + 15% > 32%

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/03/19 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Biden 32%
Sanders 18%
Warren 15%
Harris 10%
Buttigieg 6%
Booker 3%

O'Rourke 3%
Yang 2%

Harris down.

Can we please get the field down to these 6 already.

If we're going to persist in having primaries, let's at least let some votes be cast before we eliminate 70% of the field.

PostPosted: 08/03/19 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Biden 32%
Sanders 18%
Warren 15%
Harris 10%
Buttigieg 6%
Booker 3%

O'Rourke 3%
Yang 2%

Harris down.

If we're going to persist in having primaries, let's at least let some votes be cast before we eliminate 70% of the field.

You're counting on a voting population that is far more erudite and informed than actually exists. Too many options = NOT good.

PostPosted: 08/03/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Biden 32%
Sanders 18%
Warren 15%
Harris 10%
Buttigieg 6%
Booker 3%

O'Rourke 3%
Yang 2%

Harris down.

You're counting on a voting population that is far more erudite and informed than actually exists. Too many options = NOT good.

Democratic primary voters are pretty dim...

PostPosted: 08/03/19 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A second post-debate poll has come out, the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll:

34% Biden
17% Sanders
9% Harris
8% Warren
4% Buttigieg
3% O’Rourke
No one else broke 2%

Quote:
The survey asked all respondents: "Do you find the current field of Democratic Party candidates for president to be impressive or underwhelming?"

Only 38% said they found the candidates "impressive," while 62% said they are "underwhelming."

Additionally, the survey asked: "Which one of the Democratic presidential has the best chance of winning against Donald Trump?"

36% stated that Joe Biden has the best chance against Trump. The candidate in second place was Bernie Sanders, with just 11%. Not a single other candidate could crack 6% or higher.
Howee

PostPosted: 08/07/19 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, you well-researched and erudite Rebkellians--tell me this: What are the pros and/or cons of a candidate like Tom Styer??

PostPosted: 08/08/19 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/08/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm. Well, THAT'S a telling list. Fortunately, none of them are favorites of mine.

PostPosted: 08/08/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hmmm. Well, THAT'S a telling list. Fortunately, none of them are favorites of mine.

I'm not a customer of any of those companies either. However, it's amazing how people will sell their soul for some good lemonade or chicken from any of these companies. People will boycott anything except food they love.

PostPosted: 08/08/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, is that lobbyist money, or is that "a higher up employee of the company donated."

Because there's a difference.

PostPosted: 08/09/19 3:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boy, i know some folks in southern california who'll be wringing their hands over in-n-out . . . whose burgers are okay, but i never got why they're so damned popular, except maybe that the quality is consistent.

PostPosted: 08/09/19 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Okay, you well-researched and erudite Rebkellians--tell me this: What are the pros and/or cons of a candidate like Tom Styer??

And....NO opinions on this guy yet? Shocked

PostPosted: 08/09/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Howee wrote:

i'd like to know, too.

PostPosted: 08/09/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wNm-mw-_Slw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNm-mw-_Slw

PostPosted: 08/09/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden tells minority voters in Iowa that ‘poor kids’ are just as bright as ‘white kids’

Quote:
“We should challenge students in these schools that have advanced placement programs in these schools,” Biden said. “We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

After a brief pause, he added: “Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids, no, I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

His remarks prompted a stir on social media Thursday night, with many focusing on the equivalence he drew, whether intentionally, between poor children and minority children.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-tells-minority-voters-in-iowa-that-poor-kids-are-just-as-bright-as-white-kids/ar-AAFzuRl?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 08/11/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1626" height="656" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IMhdcwgBWYw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMhdcwgBWYw

PostPosted: 08/12/19 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NRA singles out 2020 election candidate Kamala Harris

Quote:
Harris has proposed to sign executive orders that mandate near universal background checks and closing the so-called boyfriend loophole among others if Congress doesn't act on gun legislation within 100 days of her inauguration, should she become president. The California Democrat has also called for a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

From its verified Twitter account, the NRA shared a tweet with its almost 775,000 followers saying, "Big surprise: Kamala Harris is anti-gun. What she doesn't seem to realize is that most of her gun control policies either wouldn't work, or are already law, or basically make no sense."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nra-singles-out-2020-election-candidate-kamala-harris/ar-AAFFb5T?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 08/27/19 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Howee wrote:

Where Does Tom Steyer Stand On The Issues? Here’s Everything You Need To Know.

Quote:
Perhaps more so than any of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Steyer's candidacy revolves around one core issue: Environmentalism. He has made global warming prevention, opposition to the oil and natural gas industries, and a concomitant greater government role in investing in alternative energy sources the central tenets of his public activist profile.

Excellent!

Quote:
Health Care: Steyer supports "Medicare for All," which would effectively amount to a single-payer health insurance system and a de facto governmental takeover of health insurance and imposition of socialized medicine in America.

Great!

Quote:
Steyer donated last year to leftist/open-borders legal groups at the southern border working to assist illegal aliens facing deportation. He addresses illegal immigration in starkly pro-illegal alien — and not rule-of-law — terminology. Steyer appears to support a pathway to citizenship for much of America's illegal alien populace.

Tom Steyer sucks. Hope we never see him in a debate.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/27/19 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Are people here really arguing that Kamala Harris didn’t face systemic discrimination? Is that actually what is going on here?

I am, although to be honest, I don't know the circumstances of her mother living where they were. I don't see how Harris faced anything as an adult - by that time colleges and the California government positions she worked at had rules regarding admissions and hiring with regard to non-whites. Any as a child would be via her mother having the income to rent/own in a particular neighborhood but being denied a lease/mortgage. I don't believe she has ever addressed that issue.

Last edited by tfan on 08/27/19 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 08/27/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
Are you aware that Kamala Harris was the daughter of two University of California Berkeley PhD graduates (she was born in 1964, her mother got hers in 1963 and the father in 1966) who had good jobs after graduating?

Are you aware that, even as EDUCATED people of color, there might very well have been *segregational* experiences they endured? I certainly hope you're not implying that people of color aren't segregated/treated by a different standard if they're rich/educated/etc.

I was addressing the issue that it was said there was employment discrimination in that day that caused differences in income between the races. But I don't think that educated/rich black or Indian people face the same treatment from different races as uneducated/poor black or Indian people. I don't think Japanese in Japan who are educated/rich are treated the same as Japanese who are uneducated/poor.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/19 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like the third debate field is set

Joe Biden
Cory Booker
Pete Buttigieg
Julián Castro
Kamala Harris
Amy Klobuchar
Beto O'Rourke
Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Yang

Gabbard, Steyer, and Williamson met the donor threshold but not the polling. Everyone else was short on both.

-----

The recent polls are interesting. Yang is consistently ahead of Booker and O'Rourke and even ahead of Buttigieg in the Emerson poll.

PostPosted: 08/28/19 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williamson was fun while she lasted. Laughing

Gillibrand ended her campaign today. Doing what is in the best interest of the country, as is typical of her.

She had significantly less charisma than Hillary (who I love dearly, but...). And she came across pagenty. She’s also consistently a damn good senator with a set of positive accomplishments second only to Harris.

I hope she gets a role in the Democratic Administration. Cool

PostPosted: 08/28/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Where Does Tom Steyer Stand On The Issues? Here’s Everything You Need To Know.
[eta: This article (in The Daily Wire, which is a conservatively biased viewpoint) does NOT INCLUDE the talking points you represent here:]
Quote:
Steyer donated last year to leftist/open-borders legal groups at the southern border working to assist illegal aliens facing deportation. He addresses illegal immigration in starkly pro-illegal alien — and not rule-of-law — terminology. Steyer appears to support a pathway to citizenship for much of America's illegal alien populace.

....but if it IS true....I'd fund-raise AND vote for him in a NY minute! Razz

mercfan3 wrote:
I hope she gets a role in the Democratic Administration. Cool

I have no doubt she could serve admirably in any number of positions, but "senator" is a good place to continue her influence, too!

PostPosted: 09/05/19 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoopi Goldberg doesn’t even understand what Bernie Sanders stands for.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OlcbDY5NNwk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 09/12/19 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Warren, on debate day, proposes Social Security boost of $200 per month

Quote:
Zandi also claimed that Warren’s proposal – which calls for raising contribution requirements on the top earners and boosting average benefits by nearly 25 percent for those in the bottom half of income distribution – would produce a “much more progressive Social Security system.”

As Social Security recipients live longer, the number of beneficiaries is projected to surge to 80 million people. And a slowing population means fewer younger workers to pay into the system, raising solvency concerns.

The latest projections from the Social Security Board of Trustees indicate the reserves used to partially fund the system are expected to be depleted by 2035.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/warren-on-debate-day-proposes-social-security-boost-of-dollar200-per-month/ar-AAHbR1b?ocid=mailsignout

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 18 of 43

Jump to: