RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/24/20 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joke if you want, but the precise heart condition of a 78 year old presidential candidate who has had a recent heart attack and two stent insertions is a far more important voting factor, for most reasonable people, than weight or tax returns.

Trump has disclosed his complete 2018 and 2019 physical exam results. According to them, he's 6-3 and weighed 239 in 2018 and 243 in 2019. His left ventricle ejection fraction is 60%-65%, perfectly normal. In 2018 he got a perfect score on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, 30/30.

Perhaps Howee would enlighten us on what specific tax return data would change his vote if he saw Trump's 1040 return, and what 1040 factors influenced his voting preference as he (hypothetically) scrutinized the tax returns of Clinton and Sanders in 2016 and those of all the Democrat candidates in 2020. I suspect I know the answers, not only for Howee but for virtually everyone: Zilch.
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/24/20 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like the ideological positions of Bernie Sanders.

I really don't like the way a not-insignificant subset of his followers handle themselves. They remind me a lot of Dear Leader Trump's Red Hats.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-staffer-mocked-elizabeth-warrens-looks-pete-buttigiegs-sexuality-on-private-twitter-account

PostPosted: 02/25/20 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Joke if you want, but the precise heart condition of a 78 year old presidential candidate who has had a recent heart attack and two stent insertions is a far more important voting factor, for most reasonable people, than weight or tax returns.

Nah. Bernie's current performance on the campaign trail certainly seems to indicate a very functional cardio system. This is FAR less of a concern than a man who lies about his weight, and refuses to divulge financial records that every president typically does.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Trump has disclosed his complete 2018 and 2019 physical exam results. According to them, he's 6-3 and weighed 239 in 2018 and 243 in 2019. His left ventricle ejection fraction is 60%-65%, perfectly normal. In 2018 he got a perfect score on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, 30/30.

Laughing Laughing Laughing And you really think he weighs in the 240 category, eh? Most likely you've never seen the pictures that he couldn't censor, as in Bloomsburg's recent ads. And he says he's 6'3". He undoubtedly had thick heels on that day....I've seen him standing next to Barack Obama and they're dead even. Barack only claimed to be 6'1"....he was the rare *truthful* sort, who didn't have to lie to make himself appear to be physically superior to what everyone can SEE he actually is.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Perhaps Howee would enlighten us on what specific tax return data would change his vote if he saw Trump's 1040 return, and what 1040 factors influenced his voting preference as he (hypothetically) scrutinized the tax returns of Clinton and Sanders in 2016 and those of all the Democrat candidates in 2020. I suspect I know the answers, not only for Howee but for virtually everyone: Zilch.

And yer wrong AGAIN, Glenn....there is HUGELY relevant data in these tax returns, starting with those who've been called on to submit them for scrutiny: Clinton, Sanders, Obama, Trump? Only ONE of them (hint: his name rhymes with Rump) REFUSES TO REVEAL HIS FINANCIAL/TAX RECORDS--I suspect I know the reason why, AND YOU DO, TOO. The bastard is HIDING *truth* from the public, truth that reveals he's lied about his actual net worth, and/or may have done unethical things, etc.
That number--1 un-forthcoming coward--is all the data we need to glean from any of it. What is relevant in any Open Tax Return is best left to the legal and financial experts to discern. All we non-tax geeks need to remember is that ONE--only ONE--of these public servants is hiding his wrongdoings.

THAT penchant for deceit and lying is a far more loathsome, fear-inducing factor than the condition of Bernie's left ventricle.

PostPosted: 02/25/20 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I really like the ideological positions of Bernie Sanders.

I really don't like the way a not-insignificant subset of his followers handle themselves. They remind me a lot of Dear Leader Trump's Red Hats.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-staffer-mocked-elizabeth-warrens-looks-pete-buttigiegs-sexuality-on-private-twitter-account

That's not the worst thing his staffers are saying:
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/21/guillotine-rich-project-veritas-exposes-another-ra/

Shades

PostPosted: 02/25/20 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

You were trying to sell the idea of fake democrat billionaire Bloomberg as a great choice for the Democratic Party, but you failed to point out he also has stents. Why is that?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/25/20 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Public Policy Polling provided the first post-Nevada survey in South Carolina, and it painted a rosy picture for Biden. Biden led the field with 36 percent, Sanders was in a distant second at 21 percent, and no other candidate had more than 8 percent.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SouthCarolinaResultsFebruary2020.pdf

Late on Monday, NBC News/Marist College also released a new poll in South Carolina, albeit one conducted just before Nevada voted. This poll showed a much tighter race, with Biden leading at 27 percent among likely voters, Sanders in second with 23 percent and Steyer in third with 15 percent.
http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/NBC-News_Marist-Poll_SC-NOS-and-Tables_2002241049.pdf

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/26/20 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/27/20 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="606" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aqu9srO6Vxs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/Aqu9srO6Vxs

PostPosted: 02/27/20 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/28/20 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unlike Sanders, Bloomberg has never has a heart attack, and his two stents were put in 20 years ago. He's had full testing every year since then including ejection fraction measurements per echocardiogram.

Bloomberg releases new heart health information and calls on Sanders to do the same

Quote:
Bloomberg's last annual health exam was in July and included cardiac stress testing and a stress echocardiogram, according to a letter from Dr. Stephen Sisson at Johns Hopkins University that the Bloomberg campaign shared with CNN. According to Sisson, Bloomberg's left ventricular ejection fraction was "normal" at 60-65%

Quote:
Bloomberg spokesman Stu Loeser said in a separate statement to CNN that Sanders should release the same left ventricular ejection fraction data.

"Releasing this single scientific number about heart health could start to put to rest any concerns about Senator Sanders' secrecy about his recent heart attack," Loeser said. "Mike Bloomberg's doctor shared Mike's number. Will Senator Sanders ask his doctor to do the same?"

Quote:
CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said the ejection fraction "is the single best test of the overall strength of the heart and how well the heart is pumping blood to the rest of the body."
Howee

PostPosted: 02/28/20 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....and unlike either Bloomberg OR Sanders....

There are the FAR more concerning Mental Health problems that impinge on our government even today. Then, there's also the druggy allegations thing that's quite frightening. Shocked

Somehow, I just can't get too concerned about ventricular conditions, if they're still living, breathing, and campaigning full-speed ahead.

PostPosted: 02/29/20 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Steyer drops out. What a waste of time & money.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/billionaire-tom-steyer-quits-democratic-primary-race-n1146286?fbclid=IwAR3uL8iq9i7wCEdbd2Ryf7uZbwOkiplnL6oMC_JZq1F7r1zEA8F-khECxLY

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 03/01/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a bit of a surprise, Pete Buttigieg is suspending his presidential campaign.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/01/buttigieg-dropping-out-of-presidential-race-118489

toad455

PostPosted: 03/01/20 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Warren & Klobuchar will likely drop out after Super Tuesday. It'll basically be between Biden & Sanders after Tuesday.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/01/20 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/01/buttigieg-dropping-out-of-presidential-race-118489

I'm not surprised. He wasn't going anywhere without the black vote and he wasn't going to get it.

I'm actually surprised that he got as far as he did, tbh. A man MARRIED to another man?? Happy, but still surprised. Gives me hope that this ol' country isn't as backward as I had thought.

Will be interesting to see what he does next.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Hawkeye

PostPosted: 03/01/20 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could very well be Biden's VP pick.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/01/20 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
Could very well be Biden's VP pick.

I agree. A Biden/Buttigieg ticket just might take down #45.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/20 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

YES! One of my least favorite candidates. The bad thing is his dropping out might strengthen Bloomberg or Biden. Confused

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/01/20 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Buttigieg had breakfast with Jimmy Carter this morning. Would be interesting to know if Carter suggested Pete suspend his rum.

Quote:
Carter then nodded to Buttigieg's uncertain path ahead, saying, "He doesn't know what he's going to do after South Carolina."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/politics/jimmy-carter-pete-buttigieg-democratic-presidential-primary/index.html

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/20 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m in one of the Super Tuesday states, and I’m still seeing Buttigieg ads being run on television.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/01/20 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tom Steyer ads are still being run in California on Sunday evening (3/1/2020) after he has dropped out (suspended his campaign).

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/02/20 1:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pete may have been running out of money

and I am cynical enough to believe that Biden said drop out before Super Tuesday and you are at the top of my VP list

(Probably wouldn't be the worst move for Sanders to try with Warren, but Warren if she does well in California 2nd or 3rd comes in 3rd or 4th in TX and wins Mass is probably still in the mix)

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/02/20 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

YES! One of my least favorite candidates. The bad thing is his dropping out might strengthen Bloomberg or Biden. Confused

x_______________

PostPosted: 03/02/20 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Klobuchar has dropped out of the race...

toad455

PostPosted: 03/02/20 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Klobuchar has dropped out of the race...

People were speculating that she was waiting until after Tuesday to steal some delegates from Sanders. It was happening, just a day or so sooner than people thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 34 of 43

Jump to: