RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/08/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
How long did HRC stay in the 2008 primary?

She suspended her campaign on June 7th, four days after the last primary

PostPosted: 04/08/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Yeah, 40 or so events for Hillary. Terrible, terrible Bernie.

Did you see how CNN framed his withdrawal speech today? It wasn't nice enough, they said. Didn't give much to Biden.

Bernie called Biden a "very decent man". Still, NOT enough. Never enough.

The hatred for the only major candidate who actually wants to drain the DC swamp, insure everyone, increase taxes on the hyper-wealthy, ensure no more voter fuckery, defend Choice, clean the environment, invest in green industries etc etc etc,..... and the people MOST fucked-over by the current system, i.e. WOC, blow him off and support a Corp Dem hack.

I'm always amazed by it.

You've really bought into that bullshit propaganda? Bernie has been about Bernie for a long damn time.What you are describing is the Democratic party. Democrats - real Democrats - have actual accomplishments in those areas. Bernie doesn't.

Serious question, have you not payed attention to social media? 40 events where he barely endorsed her, and his wife encouraged his voters to vote elsewhere - and his campaign staff encouraged voters to vote elsewhere.

He was done in February in 2016 - just like in 2020. Yet he continued a "Hillary Clinton is a corrupt Whore" tour for months. He even admitted that he knew Russian bots were spreading propaganda against Clinton at that time - and said nothing to his followers.

He looked like he was going to do it again..and the only reason he isn't is because of a pandemic. He didn't even endorse Joe today. And no, saying he is a "nice man" is not the same thing.

Clinton wasn't mathematically eliminated. She was also running a historic campaign - and had a wonderful moment of unity at the convention when she waived the delegate count and asked that her delegates vote for Obama. Bernie showed no such unity. Bernie's supporters tried to derail the convention.

Bernie tried to primary our first black president. He then tried to delegitimize the win of our first woman nominee of a major party. He then tried to delegitimize the win of the first openly gay person in a primary. Notice a pattern?

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/09/20 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Yeah, 40 or so events for Hillary. Terrible, terrible Bernie.

Did you see how CNN framed his withdrawal speech today? It wasn't nice enough, they said. Didn't give much to Biden.

Bernie called Biden a "very decent man". Still, NOT enough. Never enough.

The hatred for the only major candidate who actually wants to drain the DC swamp, insure everyone, increase taxes on the hyper-wealthy, ensure no more voter fuckery, defend Choice, clean the environment, invest in green industries etc etc etc,..... and the people MOST fucked-over by the current system, i.e. WOC, blow him off and support a Corp Dem hack.

I'm always amazed by it.

You've really bought into that bullshit propaganda? Bernie has been about Bernie for a long damn time.What you are describing is the Democratic party. Democrats - real Democrats - have actual accomplishments in those areas. Bernie doesn't.

Serious question, have you not payed attention to social media? 40 events where he barely endorsed her, and his wife encouraged his voters to vote elsewhere - and his campaign staff encouraged voters to vote elsewhere.

He was done in February in 2016 - just like in 2020. Yet he continued a "Hillary Clinton is a corrupt Whore" tour for months. He even admitted that he knew Russian bots were spreading propaganda against Clinton at that time - and said nothing to his followers.

He looked like he was going to do it again..and the only reason he isn't is because of a pandemic. He didn't even endorse Joe today. And no, saying he is a "nice man" is not the same thing.

Clinton wasn't mathematically eliminated. She was also running a historic campaign - and had a wonderful moment of unity at the convention when she waived the delegate count and asked that her delegates vote for Obama. Bernie showed no such unity. Bernie's supporters tried to derail the convention.

Bernie tried to primary our first black president. He then tried to delegitimize the win of our first woman nominee of a major party. He then tried to delegitimize the win of the first openly gay person in a primary. Notice a pattern?

After reading your Bernie-bashing rants over the years, I certainly do.

Wink

PostPosted: 05/22/20 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/We6Qr9-dDn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/22/20 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Biden was irritated by the “we have more questions for you”. But he turned it into indecision about voting for him. It could have been a continuation of the ‘black people saved you in the primaries’ before saying they expect a black candidate - what are you going to do for black people. But Biden may have even thought that and didn’t like the implication of him having to promise something to get their vote. In his mind the ‘come on man, I’m the Democrat’ is now an even stronger ‘come on man, I’m not Trump’ so he doesn’t need to make promises. But could actually be the reverse (depending on when the poll was taken). While Trump is vocally opposed but so many prominent blacks, the polling for “approval ratings” shows that he could get more black votes than a typical Republican candidate would get. But “approval rating” isn’t “will vote for”.

Multiple black female VP candidates must be Harris (seems more like ‘woman of color’) and Abrams. Or is there someone else that could be in the running (besides Michelle Obama talk)?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/23/20 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I think Biden was irritated by the “we have more questions for you”. But he turned it into indecision about voting for him. It could have been a continuation of the ‘black people saved you in the primaries’ before saying they expect a black candidate - what are you going to do for black people. But Biden may have even thought that and didn’t like the implication of him having to promise something to get their vote. In his mind the ‘come on man, I’m the Democrat’ is now an even stronger ‘come on man, I’m not Trump’ so he doesn’t need to make promises. But could actually be the reverse (depending on when the poll was taken). While Trump is vocally opposed but so many prominent blacks, the polling for “approval ratings” shows that he could get more black votes than a typical Republican candidate would get. But “approval rating” isn’t “will vote for”.

Multiple black female VP candidates must be Harris (seems more like ‘woman of color’) and Abrams. Or is there someone else that could be in the running (besides Michelle Obama talk)?

Val Demings, congresswoman from Florida. She doesn't have a lot of experience but you'd never know it. She's a pistol and I like her. But, of course, she's an ex-cop. That might be a problem.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43

Jump to: