RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jersey article about Mabrey sisters playing each other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/15/19 4:58 am    ::: Jersey article about Mabrey sisters playing each other. Reply Reply with quote

Nice article on the attitudes of the two sisters playing each other in an "official" game for the first time.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/01/14/virginia-tech-notre-dame-womens-college-basketball-dara-marina-mabrey-sisters/2419082002/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/15/19 10:39 am    ::: Re: Jersey article about Mabrey sisters playing each other. Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Nice article on the attitudes of the two sisters playing each other in an "official" game for the first time.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/01/14/virginia-tech-notre-dame-womens-college-basketball-dara-marina-mabrey-sisters/2419082002/

For the rest of the family, there’s no possible way to root for one side or the other. The Mabrey parents and the rest of the family, oldest sister Michaela, older bother Roy Jr., a former CBA star, and youngest brother Ryan, a current CBA freshman, just want to watch both Marina and Dara play well.

That is the quite the athletic family!

taropatch

PostPosted: 01/15/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see the young Mabrey avoid ND and choose her own path. Dara caught my eye about a year ago in one of the earlier articles on the family that I posted in a recruiting thread.

Doing well as a freshman at VaTech.

Averaging 26 minutes, 12 points
Leads in assists (2nd in turnovers)
Tied for most 3's while shooting 48% in 3's %
47% in FG
Impressive 88% FT

Team currently on a 3 game losing streak. Tough matchup for the Hokies and no one to stop Ogunbowale.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/15/19 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Good to see the young Mabrey avoid ND and choose her own path. Dara caught my eye about a year ago in one of the earlier articles on the family that I posted in a recruiting thread.

Doing well as a freshman at VaTech.

Averaging 26 minutes, 12 points
Leads in assists (2nd in turnovers)
Tied for most 3's while shooting 48% in 3's %
47% in FG
Impressive 88% FT

Team currently on a 3 game losing streak. Tough matchup for the Hokies and no one to stop Ogunbowale.

Considering where Va Tech has been the last few years and the fact that the coach is just in his second year, they're doing very well. So far it looks like they did a great job selecting a coach.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/16/19 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Ogwumike sisters somehow claim they have never played each other one on one.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/17/19 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, in referencing the shooting ranges of the various Mabrey's one of the announcers at one point in the game said, "I wonder how big that driveway was in Belmar, NJ?"

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/17/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
BTW, in referencing the shooting ranges of the various Mabrey's one of the announcers at one point in the game said, "I wonder how big that driveway was in Belmar, NJ?"

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the reason for all their one-on-one games was that the driveway was too small for any more people to play at one time.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/17/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Ogwumike sisters somehow claim they have never played each other one on one.

Note that the "baby Ogwumikes" have their team (Rice) on top of their conference standings. (C-USA) Technically they're in a 3-way tie in the conference with Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky, but they have the best overall record at 13-3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: