RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2019 Free Agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19569



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/02/19 12:12 pm    ::: 2019 Free Agency Reply Reply with quote

The free agency cycle has begun. Official list should be posted on .com by Jan 15 when teams can start negotiations. Signings can officially be announced beginning Feb. 1.

Anyone have a list of free agents? WNBA.com is typically slow and I'd guess we don't get a list on Jan. 15.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/02/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Until then there is always Megdal's spreadsheet. Wink


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17771
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/02/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Until then there is always Megdal's spreadsheet. Wink


WNBA Salary Database (Current as of November 16, 2018)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit#gid=1035596555


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/02/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Until then there is always Megdal's spreadsheet. Wink


WNBA Salary Database (Current as of November 16, 2018)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit#gid=1035596555


One thing that stands out in looking at Megdal's numbers - there are a lot of teams with a lot of cap space. Here are some numbers for salary under contract: Sky 335, Fever 339, Sparks 440, Lynx 414, Liberty 237, Mercury 475. Assuming these numbers are in the ballpark - that's half the teams have more space than they have salary under contract. Could be a pretty good your for RFA's and UFA's to get paid. Even these numbers are probably overstated because they include players under rookie deals that may not even make the teams next year.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3779
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Until then there is always Megdal's spreadsheet. Wink


WNBA Salary Database (Current as of November 16, 2018)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit#gid=1035596555


One thing that stands out in looking at Megdal's numbers - there are a lot of teams with a lot of cap space. Here are some numbers for salary under contract: Sky 335, Fever 339, Sparks 440, Lynx 414, Liberty 237, Mercury 475. Assuming these numbers are in the ballpark - that's half the teams have more space than they have salary under contract. Could be a pretty good your for RFA's and UFA's to get paid. Even these numbers are probably overstated because they include players under rookie deals that may not even make the teams next year.


The fact that the Lynx have a bunch of cap space is further proof that the Lynx are the most blatant tank job in WNBA history, except teams usually tank to increase their chances of winning in the future, not dramatically decrease their chances of winning in an attempt to never win again.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14744
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Until then there is always Megdal's spreadsheet. Wink


WNBA Salary Database (Current as of November 16, 2018)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit#gid=1035596555


One thing that stands out in looking at Megdal's numbers - there are a lot of teams with a lot of cap space. Here are some numbers for salary under contract: Sky 335, Fever 339, Sparks 440, Lynx 414, Liberty 237, Mercury 475. Assuming these numbers are in the ballpark - that's half the teams have more space than they have salary under contract. Could be a pretty good your for RFA's and UFA's to get paid. Even these numbers are probably overstated because they include players under rookie deals that may not even make the teams next year.


The fact that the Lynx have a bunch of cap space is further proof that the Lynx are the most blatant tank job in WNBA history, except teams usually tank to increase their chances of winning in the future, not dramatically decrease their chances of winning in an attempt to never win again.


Are you seriously planning to ruin the free agency thread with this?


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3779
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Are you seriously planning to ruin the free agency thread with this?


I get too easily triggered whenever I see someone mention "Lynx" in any thread, because it reminds me again of how the Lynx are by far the stupidest and biggest joke of a team in all of sports. Crying or Very sad


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7571
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Are you seriously planning to ruin the free agency thread with this?


I get too easily triggered whenever I see someone mention "Lynx" in any thread, because it reminds me again of how the Lynx are by far the stupidest and biggest joke of a team in all of sports. Crying or Very sad

Dude. You live in Minnesota and the team that triggers you is the one with a legit modern dynasty on their record books, not the team that has never won a super bowl, drafted yet another DB when everyone knew the offensive line was hot garbage, or the team that has never won a NBA championship and drafted 2 PGs before Stephen Curry, and just signed Wiggens to an albatross of a max contract, or the team that has never won a Stanley Cup that just lost its young scoring dman for 3 months because of an injury caused by fighting, or the college football team that still brags about its 7 national championships from the 1800s (okay 6 from 1900-1940 and 1 in 1960) but that hasn't even sniffed relevance since.

Yeah, some people just don't know how to be happy.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3779
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Dude. You live in Minnesota and the team that triggers you is the one with a legit modern dynasty on their record books, not the team that has never won a super bowl, drafted yet another DB when everyone knew the offensive line was hot garbage, or the team that has never won a NBA championship and drafted 2 PGs before Stephen Curry, and just signed Wiggens to an albatross of a max contract, or the team that has never won a Stanley Cup that just lost its young scoring dman for 3 months because of an injury caused by fighting, or the college football team that still brags about its 7 national championships from the 1800s (okay 6 from 1900-1940 and 1 in 1960) but that hasn't even sniffed relevance since.

Yeah, some people just don't know how to be happy.


The weakest/most overrated dynasty ever because the Lynx, with all the veteran stars (and Maya) they lucked into, never won consecutive titles, when teams like Warriors had no problem doing that, and the Lynx have never beaten teams as a lower seed, and have lost as the higher seed, and they easily could've been able to compete for titles for at least another few years except Cheryl Reeve decided after last season that she doesn't want the Lynx to ever win again, because that would only require playing younger players, so instead she traded, in the most lopsided trade in history, one of the league's biggest superstars, a player she refused to play only because she isn't an ancient vet, to the Storm so the Storm can win more titles than the Lynx and the Lynx can be mediocre with a team full of nothing but mostly old stiffs on the bench. The Timberwolves are supposed to suck, and the Vikings are supposed to choke in big games, so that's par for the course, while the Lynx, due to Cheryl Reeve and her history of basically wanting teams other than the Lynx to win & not trying to win, and her fetish for ancient old players has thrown away at least title, if not more future titles, yet the fans and media continuously have their heads so far up her ass, even though she often comes across as clueless and hasn't done anything to prove she is any good of a coach/GM, only that she is better at winning titles for other teams than her own. The only dynasty Reeve is responsible for is the Seattle Storm dynasty, as she made it clear after last season that putting as much talent around Breanna Stewart and Sue Bird was her only priority and she doesn't want Maya Moore to win another title unless she gets traded. Amber Stocks and Fred Williams probably could win titles if they were gifted a roster better than all the other teams. I'm not impressed that the Lynx when they had Whalen, Augustus, Brunson in their primes, and Maya Moore were able to beat a team of Angel McCoughtry and a bunch of random players. I'm outraged because I don't get why fans and the media in Minnesota would rather have the Lynx lose in the first round of the playoffs than try to win a 5th title as they celebrate Reeve trading MVP-caliber superstar Howard to the Storm for nothing because Lynx fans would rather see the Storm win the next 3 titles than the Lynx ever win another title with help from any player other than the aging vets and ancient players from the retirement home.




Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 01/03/19 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well said. I was going to add that the Dream were responsible for 2 of the Lynx titles due to gifting Camille Little to Seattle, thus insuring the Strom beat them for the title and consequently the Dream lacked the inside depth to come close to competing with the Lynx for 2 of the Lynx titles. Arguably, 2 of the Lynx title should have an asterisk indicating it was due to facing a woefully overmatched competitor, operating at a disadvantage due to frontcourt injuries or absences during the finals. However, you said it all quite well so I don't really need to.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3779
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Well said. I was going to add that the Dream were responsible for 2 of the Lynx titles due to gifting Camille Little to Seattle, thus insuring the Strom beat them for the title and consequently the Dream lacked the inside depth to come close to competing with the Lynx for 2 of the Lynx titles. Arguably, 2 of the Lynx title should have an asterisk indicating it was due to facing a woefully overmatched competitor, operating at a disadvantage due to frontcourt injuries or absences during the finals. However, you said it all quite well so I don't really need to.


Except I've said the same thing in every thread of this board, in some variation, on an average of twice every month, so I need a vacation from the WNBA board until free agency moves begin before I get suspended again, as people probably can't wait to see how outraged I might get by any signings my favorite team makes. Smile


LynxFan32



Joined: 20 Apr 2016
Posts: 129



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Randy"]Well said. I was going to add that the Dream were responsible for 2 of the Lynx titles due to gifting Camille Little to Seattle, thus insuring the Strom beat them for the title and consequently the Dream lacked the inside depth to come close to competing with the Lynx for 2 of the Lynx titles. Arguably, 2 of the Lynx title should have an asterisk indicating it was due to facing a woefully overmatched competitor, operating at a disadvantage due to frontcourt injuries or absences during the finals. However, you said it all quite well so I don't really need to.[/quote


What?????



_________________
Hot Bod
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59124
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Well said. I was going to add that the Dream were responsible for 2 of the Lynx titles due to gifting Camille Little to Seattle, thus insuring the Strom beat them for the title and consequently the Dream lacked the inside depth to come close to competing with the Lynx for 2 of the Lynx titles


So Marvin Williams is to blame for SpaceJunkie's rambles too? As if I needed some other reason to hate that guy...



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep. Marvin effing WIlliams (and in this case effing is not a compliment.)


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59124
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the CBA ending, I predict we will see few long term deals



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/04/19 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
With the CBA ending, I predict we will see few long term deals


Makes you wonder how the Dream got Hayes to do a long term deal unless it has some option clause. One could backfire on the players - value of FA goes down if there are a bunch of them on them on the market at the same time.


stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6742
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/05/19 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2019/1/5/18168635/wnba-free-agency-salary-cap-situation-tina-charles-maya-moore

Quote:
In summary, this free agent class will probably be a bit deeper than a typical year.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59124
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Free Agent List

http://www.womensbasketball247.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-Free-Agents-as-of-01.08.2019-2019-Free-Agents-1.pdf


Charles not cored
Sloot not cored



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’


Last edited by pilight on 01/12/19 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59124
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If that list is accurate

CORED

Bonner, DeWanna
Moore, Maya
Thomas, Jasmine


UNRESTRICTED

Augustus, Seimone
Beard, Alana
Brunson, Rebekkah
Carson, Essence
Charles, Tina
Christmas-Kelly, Karima
Coleman, Marissa
Currie, Monique
January, Briann
Johnson, Glory
Johnson, Shenise
Kizer, Lynetta
Kizer, Lynetta
Langhorne, Crystal
Lyttle, Sancho
Montgomery, Alex
Pondexter, Cappie
Prince, Epiphanny
Quigley, Allie
Quinn, Noelle
Ruffin-Pratt, Tierra
Sanders, LaToya
Thomas, Krystal
Vandersloot, Courtney
Vaughn, Kia
Whalen, Lindsay
Williams, Riquna
Zellous, Shavonte


RESTRICTED

Achonwa, Natalie
Allen, Rebecca
Boyd, Brittany
Cloud, Natasha
Dantas, Damiris
Faulkner, Jamierra
Gray, Chelsea
Parker, Cheyenne
Sims, Odyssey
Taylor, Asia
Tokashiki, Ramu
Wheeler, Erica
Zauhi B, Amanda


RESERVED

Allen, Lindsay
Cruz, Anna
Dabovic, Ana
Dietrick, Blake
George, Cayla
Hamby, Dearica
Harper, Linnae
Laney, Betnijah
Miyem, Endy
Ndour, Astou
Prince, Alexis
Robinson, Angel
Romero, Leticia
Russell, Mercedes
Samuelson, Karlie
Thornton, Kayla
Tolo, Marianna
Turner, Yvonne
Zandalasini, Cecilia



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19569



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's expected Charles, Vandersloot and Langhorne will be cored.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21249
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't be a finished list yet given that teams have until the 15th to make those qualifying offers. If Wade's first move in Chicago was to let Vandersloot walk for nothing when he didn't have to, they might want to fire him already.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51803



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If that list is accurate

CORED
Bonner, DeWanna
Moore, Maya
Thomas, Jasmine


UNRESTRICTED
Augustus, Seimone
Beard, Alana
Brunson, Rebekkah
Carson, Essence
Charles, Tina
Christmas-Kelly, Karima
Coleman, Marissa
Currie, Monique
January, Briann
Johnson, Glory
Johnson, Shenise
Kizer, Lynetta
Kizer, Lynetta
Langhorne, Crystal
Lyttle, Sancho
Montgomery, Alex
Pondexter, Cappie
Prince, Epiphanny
Quigley, Allie
Quinn, Noelle
Ruffin-Pratt, Tierra
Sanders, LaToya
Thomas, Krystal
Vandersloot, Courtney
Vaughn, Kia
Whalen, Lindsay
Williams, Riquna
Zellous, Shavonte


RESTRICTED
Achonwa, Natalie
Allen, Rebecca
Boyd, Brittany
Cloud, Natasha
Dantas, Damiris
Faulkner, Jamierra
Gray, Chelsea
Parker, Cheyenne
Sims, Odyssey
Taylor, Asia
Tokashiki, Ramu
Wheeler, Erica
Zauhi B, Amanda


RESERVED
Allen, Lindsay
Cruz, Anna
Dabovic, Ana
Dietrick, Blake
George, Cayla
Hamby, Dearica
Harper, Linnae
Laney, Betnijah
Miyem, Endy
Ndour, Astou
Prince, Alexis
Robinson, Angel
Romero, Leticia
Russell, Mercedes
Samuelson, Karlie
Thornton, Kayla
Tolo, Marianna
Turner, Yvonne
Zandalasini, Cecilia


I’m noticing a lot that seems like mistakes.

2 Lynetta Kizers? Is one those supposed to be Larkins?
CHI doesn’t core either Vandesloot or Quigley? They’re both free to go, to like Minnesota?
DAL doesn’t core either Johnson or Christmas?
Charles free to go from BRK?
No core for Sanders?
Whalen shouldn’t show up on any list as she is retired.
Hamby has 4 yrs service. She should be a RFA.
Miyem should be unrestricted. She was cut by MIN.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 01/12/19 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8985



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My comments.

pilight wrote:


If that list is accurate

CORED

Bonner, DeWanna - what is she cored for life?
Moore, Maya - sorry Maya you are stuck there
Thomas, Jasmine - going nowhere


UNRESTRICTED

Augustus, Seimone - too old and isn't leaving the Lynx.
Beard, Alana - too old and ins't leaving the Sparks
Brunson, Rebekkah - see above
Carson, Essence - too old and who cares anyway
Charles, Tina -will be cored, or has already decided she is going somewhere else.
Christmas-Kelly, Karima - coming off injury
Coleman, Marissa - are you kidding - nobody wants her except maybe the Liberty
Currie, Monique - a better journalist than player these days
January, Briann - going no where
Johnson, Glory - could be the prize of the UFA market but why don't they core her?
Johnson, Shenise - coming off injury
Kizer, Lynetta - coming off injury
Kizer, Lynetta - see above
Langhorne, Crystal - second biggest prize, can't she get cored again?
Lyttle, Sancho - coming off injury, too old
Montgomery, Alex- idk
Pondexter, Cappie -says she has plenty left in the tank and who would know better
Prince, Epiphanny - needs to find another team in search of a disappointment
Quigley, Allie - going nowhere
Quinn, Noelle - who cares
Ruffin-Pratt, Tierra - only plays well against the Dream
Sanders, LaToya - injury issues
Thomas, Krystal - never seemed to play last year in DC
Vandersloot, Courtney - will be cored
Vaughn, Kia - NY fans are sending her a change of address kit as a going away present
Whalen, Lindsay - too old, too slow, too much gravitational force and retired
Williams, Riquna - have gun will travel and shoot
Zellous, Shavonte - seems like she just might be getting old enough for the Lynx




Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3390
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, Randy. I believe that Spacejunkie will appreciate that Zellous comment. Laughing



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14744
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/12/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not up on the rules. Can teams talk to with their free agents before making coring decisions? Like, can Vandersloot tell Chicago she wants to stay and they don't need to core her?


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin