RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/18 4:12 pm    ::: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

1pm - Tenn at Texas on ESPN2
2 pm - Kentucky at Louisville on ESPN3 or + or whatever it's called
3pm - Oregon at Michigan St. also on ESPN2

Unfortunately So. Caro @ Duke cancelled because people in that region don't know how to drive in the snow Razz Evil or Very Mad

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/08/18 4:58 pm    ::: Re: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Unfortunately So. Caro @ Duke cancelled because people in that region don't know how to drive in the snow :P :evil:

The way the season is going, this might be a blessing for bothe teams

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/08/18 7:34 pm    ::: Re: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Unfortunately So. Caro @ Duke cancelled because people in that region don't know how to drive in the snow Razz Evil or Very Mad

Marquette at Northwestern is on the Big Ten Network at 2P EST but unfortunately I don't get the BTN any more Sad.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/18 9:28 pm    ::: Re: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Marquette at Northwestern is on the Big Ten Network at 2P EST but unfortunately I don't get the BTN any more Sad.

I get it if it's on tv, but not BTN +. I'll check it out tomorrow.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/09/18 11:08 am    ::: Re: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I get it if it's on tv, but not BTN +. I'll check it out tomorrow.

As far as I know it’s on the TV version of the BTN. I have SlingTV right now though and that doesn’t have BYN. It’s one reason I’m considering switching to YoutubeTV.

crispyten

PostPosted: 12/10/18 10:23 pm    ::: Re: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I spent years driving in winter in Europe including Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and I have driven in several northern state including a lot of time in Duluth, Minnesota.
I have found that a lot of the weather related accidents in the south are caused by northern transplants who think they know how to drive in snow.
Snow in the south almost always follows rain and/or sleet which often freezes before being covered by a thin layer of snow. That is not like driving on "dry"snow.

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/11/18 2:50 am    ::: Re: 12-9: a good day to be a women's bball fan Reply Reply with quote

crispyten wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I spent years driving in winter in Europe including Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and I have driven in several northern state including a lot of time in Duluth, Minnesota.
I have found that a lot of the weather related accidents in the south are caused by northern transplants who think they know how to drive in snow.
Snow in the south almost always follows rain and/or sleet which often freezes before being covered by a thin layer of snow. That is not like driving on "dry"snow.

It's not so much that, as that happens in northern climes as well. Rather it's that the municipalities are much better prepared logistically and are accustomed to getting the roads prepped for the snow/ice. So before the snow even hits they have their army of plows out salting and sanding the streets so that when the weather hits the road conditions are not as dangerous. And northern drivers take that for granted as something that just happens. So when they drive somewhere that it doesn't, it takes them by surprise.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: