RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

McGraw, Ogunbowale apologize on Twitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/08/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="willtalk"][quote="summertime blues"]Since I didn’t see the game, being otherwise occupied, and haven’t watched any clips, i can’t comment on the play. What I will say is that, sitting where I do at JMU games (very close to the court and near the second half home basket), sometimes what looks intentional isn’t, and vice versa.[u] However, from your description, the second one sounds pretty much intentional, even without seeing it.[b] I’d have to see the first one to comment.[/b]
[/u]
But the rest of this drama.....really! On all sides![/quote]Your entire first paragraph sounds very reasonable and makes a lot of sense. A good policy to follow. Even though you are still relying on the perspective of a another person for your evaluation of the first incident. Still the your last statement " I'd have to see the first one to comment" is basically the best rule to follow in respect to most subjects.

But let me get this straight! You did not see the Uconn game nor any of the clips, yet you chose to comment about the validity of peoples reaction to incidents that occurred. Too bad you did not follow the criteria you set for yourself for that last incident. Even objective and measured words can not really describe an even completely. The term on picture is worth a thousand words was not coined for no reason.

What occurred in the UConn game were not isolated incidents in respect to this player. In the Oregon St game she was hit with a flagrant for a forearm to the head of another player at mid court away from the action as well. She also escaped another flagrant for kicking another player in the head while they were both on the ground.That one possibly was accidental but in context with her other actions it is more probable that it was not. In fact it was that play that impelled the refs to review and assess the flagrant for the previous play. What we are dealing with is a serial flagrant fouler.

This is not just about a basketball game. Not in respect to the player, but also the principle of if rules mean anything if they are selectively enforced. For the player because these actions were so egregious and not as typical as in the past. Something is going on with her that needs to be dealt with. For the game, because sports are also a reflection of our society and people need to feel that rules are applied equally to everyone. When people see that not happening they will justifiably become upset. The term " good sport" used to be synonymous with fairness. "Fairness" is a real issue that has effected and polarized our society today. This has certainly morphed and bled over into the issue being discussed on this thread. To label those opinions and feelings as "Drama" is being dismissive and patronizing. Especially since you have admitted not having seen the very things that triggered that so called "Drama".

The whole point about those fouls (called or uncalled ) boils down to intent. That same principle applies to the post made on this subject. Some might be motivated purely by rivalry. While others in a real concern for justice and the safety of players. I would like to ask you what was the intent for your post? Why did you chose to rebuke people for their reactions to something you were totally unaware and ignorant about?[/quote]

Great post Will.

willtalk

PostPosted: 12/08/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately- i don't follow twitter.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/08/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a quote button.

PostPosted: 12/08/18 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[[quoteBut let me get this straight! You did not see the Uconn game nor any of the clips, yet you chose to comment about the validity of peoples reaction to incidents that occurred. Too bad you did not follow the criteria you set for yourself for that last incident. Even objective and measured words can not really describe an even completely. The term on picture is worth a thousand words was not coined for no reason.

What occurred in the UConn game were not isolated incidents in respect to this player. In the Oregon St game she was hit with a flagrant for a forearm to the head of another player at mid court away from the action as well. She also escaped another flagrant for kicking another player in the head while they were both on the ground.That one possibly was accidental but in context with her other actions it is more probable that it was not. In fact it was that play that impelled the refs to review and assess the flagrant for the previous play. What we are dealing with is a serial flagrant fouler. [/quote]

willtalk, I am free to comment on anything I wish to comment on. I rarely watch Notre Dame, TBH, unless they are playing Tennessee or some other team I care about, and in any case I was not talking about the fouls themselves. I was talking more about the subsequent drama, if you were paying attention to the whole conversation, which it seems you may not have been. You admit you do not follow Twitter, so why not just drop it? I do, and that's more what I was talking about. I did make the comment about intentional/unintentional fouls from my viewpoint at the basketball games I attend, which you chose to conflate into something else entirely having nothing to do with my initial post.

PostPosted: 12/08/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And so can Will. Moaning Muffet caused her own drama and she seems to like doubling down on it. Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/09/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
This is reaching epic levels of pettiness, and I'm here for it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is Real Housewives/Bravo levels of pettiness, and I am also hear for it!!!!!

The ultimate level of petty and I LOVE IT!!!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: