RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor (4) vs Arizona St (23) - 11/11/18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/18 12:28 pm    ::: Baylor (4) vs Arizona St (23) - 11/11/18 Reply Reply with quote

Showdown At the Rez
Fort Defiance, AZ - 7:30 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Eric Frede, Kara Lawson, Rebecca Lobo)

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3433305&_slug_=4-baylor-vs-23-arizona-state-w-basketball&rb=true (tvpli)

Audio:
https://tunein.com/radio/ASU-Sun-Devil-Radio-Network-s206506/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=240470

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/11/18 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Albeit it has been poor competition as can be expected early on, but the way ASU has been decimating teams so far, I wonder if they’re a little better than expected. They’ve played 4 games including 2 in preseason, and haven’t scored below 100 pts yet. I usually don’t think big offense when I think of ASU.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bballgrl

PostPosted: 11/11/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is going on with ESPN2??? Wierd sound - anyone else have this problem?

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see Kim back in leather.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 11/11/18 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sound is fine on watch espn but still jumping on the tv

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice little ceremony by the Navahoes, who are sponsoring and hosting this game. The US National Anthem sung in Navahoe. Both coaches presented with beautiful Navahoe blanket coats (looks a lot nicer than Kim's usual attire.)

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would love to see Ekmark finally shoot like her HS hype. Especially vs Kim.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/11/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU showing the Bears how you are supposed to be disciplined in their offense. But so you like leather over corduroy?

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
ASU showing the Bears how you are supposed to be disciplined in their offense. But so you like leather over corduroy?

Not for me. Very Happy

Kim however looks great. You need a tiny butt.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Second game today where a team is struggling and playing well below expectations primarily because of not having a point guard.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good example of the difference between home and away, especially early in the season. Brown has taken one shot with 4.5 mins in the 2nd. ASU has taken 29 shots to 17 for the bears, mostly due to Baylor's 9 to's.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/11/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown can't guard anyone.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU is just being overwhelmed by Baylor's size. Little by little the ASU lead is being whittled away.

Baylor is playing three bigs.

ASU now leads 40-36 halfway through the 3rd Q.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU gotta be smarter as Cox only goes right.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor briefly tied the game, but as the 3rd Q ends, ASU leads again by 4.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU played slowdown to get a low scoring and close game and now it all comes down to them hitting 3's.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor has a ton of height, but is guard challenged. No true point, and its three starting guards are 2 for 12 shooting.

I expect we're going to see a lot of "3 bigs" lineups from Baylor this year. Play to their strength.

Points in the paint - 40 for Baylor, 4 for ASU.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 11/11/18 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that ASU can continue this game in the future and bring in different teams each year. Maybe make it a double-header.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Good example of the difference between home and away, especially early in the season. Brown has taken one shot with 4.5 mins in the 2nd. ASU has taken 29 shots to 17 for the bears, mostly due to Baylor's 9 to's.

'home' is relative since it's the first time (that I know about) that ASU has played at this venue.

Guessing Baylor just assumed it would be another walk in the park against another weak team. Good thing they have Freshman Smith. And the P12 may be more competitive than we thought.

Oregon didn't look much like #3. Baylor hasn't looked much like #4...so who do we slot in there?

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I hope that ASU can continue this game in the future and bring in different teams each year. Maybe make it a double-header.

This wasn't an ASU initiative, from what they explained. They said it was conceived and organized by the Navahoe tribe which invited the two teams.

This is three hundred miles Northeast of the ASU campus, on the New Mexico border.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/11/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

This wasn't an ASU initiative, from what they explained. They said it was conceived and organized by the Navahoe tribe which invited the two teams.

This is three hundred miles Northeast of the ASU campus, on the New Mexico border.

Not having been able to watch the entire game yet, I missed that explanation.

Whoever is responsible in the Navajo tribe, I hope that they keep this going.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
taropatch

PostPosted: 11/11/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Got me curious about your unusual spelling of the tribal name. Not saying your spelling of Navajo is wrong -- an alternative spelling maybe? That trailing "e" reminds me of Dan Quayle's spelling of "potato". Your geographic comment also got me curious as to the location of this Center. The scenic shots shared on the TV now makes me want to visit this place.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/11/18 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Oregon didn't look much like #3. Baylor hasn't looked much like #4...so who do we slot in there?

Gracious, aren't we hypercritical, Myrtlicious. Razz I'd prefer to cast a positive light on it: both Oregon and Baylor certainly demonstrated fine levels of perseverance in what could have been embarrassing losses.

Really. TONS of improvement for both teams to be attained, but it's still early, and both coaches just have clearer pictures of what they need to *fix*. Also, credit Arizona State and 'Cuse....most likely will only climb in the rankings.

PostPosted: 11/11/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

16 turnovers for Baylor and lackadaisical play by Brown in the first half. Kim must have chewed their asses out at half time. Impressed with freshman, Smith's offensive contribution and ability to run the court. They miss PG Alexis Morris big time -- hear they get her back next year.

Impressed with ASU's three point shooting in the first half. Good ball movement and decent rebounding (at least in the first half). Only 5 turnovers -- very nice. They will need more than that to exceed their preseason 5th place projection in the Pac-12.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/11/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Got me curious about your unusual spelling of the tribal name. Not saying your spelling of Navajo is wrong -- an alternative spelling maybe? That trailing "e" reminds me of Dan Quayle's spelling of "potato". Your geographic comment also got me curious as to the location of this Center. The scenic shots shared on the TV now makes me want to visit this place.

i think I read it was played at Window Rock High School. You can google Window Rock, AZ, or Gallup, NM to get an idea of where this is. On the AZ/NM border just north of I-40 (which is basically the famous old Route 66).

Remember the Eagles song Take it Easy? (1972 or thereabouts)

Well, I'm a standing on a corner
In Winslow, Arizona
And such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me

I think Winslow is out in the middle between this place and Flagstaff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: