RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Draft ? - and there's a reason I put it on this board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/12/19 10:01 pm    ::: WNBA Draft ? - and there's a reason I put it on this board Reply Reply with quote

I'm scared to post on the WNBA board as I might be attacked for not knowing this information already so please be nice to me here Smile - when do they pick/announce the date for WNBA draft? All I can find about it is TBD. Now that I'm depressed about my team and the NCAA Tournament I figure I can think about Hiedeman and/or Blockton's draft chances...

Sorry for my WNBA ignorance - maybe if a Marquette player can make a team, I can finally get into the WNBA...

pilight

PostPosted: 03/12/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was on ESPN's downloadable schedule for April 10th

In typical WNBA fashion, there has been no official announcement

Last edited by pilight on 03/12/19 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/12/19 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

April 10 is what I have seen

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/12/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you - I had googled it and searched on the WNBA site but all I could find was TBA. I wanted to mark it on my calendar. Silly me thought it would already be listed on the WNBA site Smile.

Maybe we can have a 3rd and even 4th Marquette player drafted - Abbie Willenborg was drafted as the very last pick by the Houston Comets in 2000 - first MU player to be drafted and Angel Robinson was also drafted. Neither made a WNBA team though of course. Robinson was recently honored by MU and they originally put out in a release that she was the first MU player ever drafted in the WNBA and I read that going that's not correct - I was probably one of the few who knew that Smile. They later corrected that. I think Hiedeman has a decent shot at being drafted - not sure about Blockton and not sure about either one being able to make a team's final roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: