RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Megyn Kelly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/01/18 9:44 am    ::: Megyn Kelly Reply Reply with quote

What a gal. She'll make almost $100 million over the past two years for not being seen on two networks from which she quit or was fired. Now that's star power. Take the money and run, hon.
tfan

PostPosted: 11/02/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess you mean "next two years" ?? I am not seeing any settlement report. One article says NBC wants to give her the remainder of her contract, which it says is $38 million, and Kelly is reportedly asking for an additional $10 million for agreeing not to talk about her time there.

Her last Fox show was January 6th, 2017, so wouldn't she only have gotten 1/52nd of her $15 million contract ($288,461.54) with Fox for that year since she quit?

I think her first NBC effort was an interview with Putin that aired in early June 2017.

Last edited by tfan on 11/06/18 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
scullyfu

PostPosted: 11/02/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so let me get this right. she's insinuating that she's got dirt (illegal activity?) on somebody(ies), but she's willing to keep her big trap shut & sweep it under the rug for a mere $10M! what a gal. sorta tells me all I need to know about her.

PostPosted: 11/02/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously the dirt she has on NBC doesn't affect her directly, so she can bleed them a bit to stay quiet. Sounds like an easy $10 million for doing nothing. Makes you wonder what she knows about those people if they're willing to shell out that kind of dough for her silence, doesn't it?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/02/18 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The numbers I've seen in some rags -- and they're ALL rags -- are that her NBC contract was $69 million through 2020, plus she wants a $10 million bonus to sign an NDA, and that her Fox contract was about $15 million per year in 2016 and 2017 before she quit.

Imagine, getting fired for stating as a fact that some kids donned blackface on Halloween when she was a kid and voicing an opinion that it should be okay today under certain circumstances. No one knows what her contract says, but these kinds of statements by her would not be verboten by the typical type of "morals clause" I've seen; and if they aren't, her firing was a breach by NBC under general principles and she may be entitled to the entire $69 million. The $10 million bonus may be just a negotiating device.

As to the subject matter of Kelly's statements, I increasingly have no idea what is acceptable discourse or conduct in these illiberal, intolerant, censorious and Orwellian left wing times.

However, I do know the facts of my own personal Halloween history as a kid. I was born on Halloween. So, I saw for years not only the costumes the kids wore for trick or treating but also to my birthday parties. Yes, there were kids who would blacken their faces with coal dust, coal being what we used for heating. But it wasn't because they were trying to imitate Negroes (the word of the era); rather, they were imitating a sooty witch or goblin who lived or moved through chimneys, or an impoverished David Copperfield street urchin.

In any event, if Kelly gets all her money or close to it, she might pull in $90 million for doing not much TV work from 2016-18. Her career as a highly paid TV personality is surely over. She'll never again come halfway to the level of Judge Judy.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/02/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
so let me get this right. she's insinuating that she's got dirt (illegal activity?) on somebody(ies), but she's willing to keep her big trap shut & sweep it under the rug for a mere $10M! what a gal. sorta tells me all I need to know about her.

What, that she's probably headed for a cabinet position in this administration? Really. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/06/18 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is hard to see why NBC thought she was worth so much. She was tainted by working for Fox News in the eyes of Democratic viewers. And she had done a politics show, not a morning show.

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/24/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If only someone would attach a permanent muzzle on this bitch.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: