RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mred

PostPosted: 11/27/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Do you know if this is televised or on ESPN3 ?

It is on ESPN+

There's apparently a free live video stream here: https://goyotes.com/watch/?Live=651&type=Live

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 11/27/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
It will be fun to watch Iowa State versus our Coyotes on Wednesday. It’s going to be a tough match, but I think there will be a lot of people in the gym cheering on the Yotes. Last year, this game was undecided right down to the very end, and Iowa State just edged us out.

Do you know if this is televised or on ESPN3 ?

It is on ESPN+

Check tomorrow just before gametime on goyotes.com, on the schedule tab. Home games are usually broadcast by Midco sports network, and I’ve always had success clicking on the links given there. This year it’s different because we are going to almost all of the games so I haven’t tried it.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/03/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2554525259

UConn up to #1

Oregon State up to #8

Notre Dame down to #2

Missouri and Gonzaga in
Texas A&M and Iowa St out

PostPosted: 12/03/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gophers are up to #14. Impressive start for coach Whalen.

PostPosted: 12/03/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing too surprising except to those that thought ND should be dropped to infinity Laughing Laughing

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 12/03/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

I think they should be #16 behind Arizona St and Syracuse, but I have other things to be more outraged about. Smile

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/03/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I think they should be #16 behind Arizona St and Syracuse, but I have other things to be more outraged about. Smile

Behind the Syracuse team they beat?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/03/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Guess we'll see how good they are when they play their second ranked in late February ...

justintyme

PostPosted: 12/03/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Guess we'll see how good they are when they play their second ranked in late February ...

Yeah, that schedule is pretty cupcake. Hard to get much of a sense of anything from it outside of the Syracuse game. From what I've seen it's one of those tough teams to read; they have a defense that looks legit as hell that will keep them in most games, but lack pure shooters who can break the game open or end cold streaks. That being said, they are really athletic and gritty and that can do a lot to make up for some of their woes when the game is on the line.

What a dramatic change from last year though. Personally, I think defensive minded teams fare better ultimately, so I am happy as can be so far.

PostPosted: 12/03/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that NC State has been moving up...without really beating anybody, unless you think wins over Michigan and Michigan St. make them worthy of #10. Guess it's another example of why it's good to play a bunch of semi-good teams that you can beat instead of anybody really good. And the interesting thing is, if you look at their schedule, they could go deep into league before losing a single game. So, without playing anybody, they could get up to 6 or 7.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 12/03/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Behind the Syracuse team they beat?

I need to see how Minnesota does against more top teams first to see if they are actually better than Syracuse (who barely lost at Oregon and beat a couple ranked teams) just like how I'd need more to be convinced Gonzaga is better than Stanford even though Gonzaga just beat Stanford. Smile

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/03/18 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Nothing too surprising except to those that thought ND should be dropped to infinity Laughing Laughing

It's not a surprise, but it's not the way it should be.

An 18-pt home loss. Led only 2-0.

Several undefeated teams left.

This early in the season they should have dropped to #3, at least.

PostPosted: 12/04/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO you are trying to make too much sense and undefeated really means nothing.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/04/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
LMAO you are trying to make too much sense and undefeated really means nothing.

Winning and losing should mean something. Wink

PostPosted: 12/04/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well sure but I guess it depends on how many sisters of the poor teams you play Laughing Too many teams have crappy OOC schedules this year, kinda surprising after what happened to Maryland but maybe the more the merrier will save them.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/04/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad to see MASSEY has reflected the result of the game.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cbw/ncaa-d1/ratings

PostPosted: 12/10/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2657840010

UConn still #1

Baylor up to #3

Oregon down to #7

Michigan State in
Drake out

PostPosted: 12/10/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both South Dakota teams receiving votes. Will this be the year 2 summit teams make the NCAA tourney?

PostPosted: 12/10/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Both South Dakota teams receiving votes. Will this be the year 2 summit teams make the NCAA tourney?

Probably

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/11/18 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Probably

They would be locks if they beat Ore and Mizzou games coming up. Otherwise, they best not be losing any league games except to each other.

- Amanda Gorman
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 12/11/18 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The young ladies at USD seem excited that their hard work is being recognized, but they know they have a tough 4-game stretch between now and Christmas. It is going to be fun in Missouri this week, cheering on our Yotes, but it is going to be a physical game. Depending on how the game is called, it could be pretty ugly, with free throws and foul trouble factoring into the outcome....

CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/11/18 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was checking out the AP voters' votes and noted that all but one dropped ND to either #2 or #3 (behind Baylor or in one case Louisville). Seemed fair to me dropping ND to #2 or #3 (not that polls really mean much in the sport anyway).

The lone voter who put ND at #5 was Carl Adamec. I was curious who he was and looked up his paper.

"The Journal Inquirer is a tabloid-sized newspaper published on Monday to Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings in Manchester, Connecticut, USA."

I guess that explains that... Wink

linkster

PostPosted: 12/11/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
I was checking out the AP voters' votes and noted that all but one dropped ND to either #2 or #3 (behind Baylor or in one case Louisville). Seemed fair to me dropping ND to #2 or #3 (not that polls really mean much in the sport anyway).

The lone voter who put ND at #5 was Carl Adamec. I was curious who he was and looked up his paper.

"The Journal Inquirer is a tabloid-sized newspaper published on Monday to Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings in Manchester, Connecticut, USA."

I guess that explains that... Wink

Adamec is a feature writer for Sports New York, (SNY) based in NYC in addition to his job at the Jounal-Inquirer. Since he covers UConn womens basketball for SNY I would think that he actually watched the game and saw N Dame play, unlike many of these writers who I would wager only read the final score.

In 2015, UConn opened the season at No 1 and then lost their second game to Stanford, AT Stanford, in OT. They dropped from 1 to 3 as N Dame, who had beaten no one of note but who was undefeated became No 2. This year, the No 1 team lost, AT HOME, BY 18 POINTS, and you think it's somehow evidence of bias to drop them to No 5?

Maybe the problem is with those who still think ND is a better team right now than Baylor, Louisville and Miss St., all of whom are still undefeated.

If you want a good example of a homer spinning I'd suggest your observation that going into ND's game with UConn you pointed out that the teams split the last 16 games. Sounds like an even match, right? Well, you conveniently forgot that UConn had won 7 of the last 8 and while the teams were 8-8 in their last 16 games the last 24 saw UConn having a huge edge of 16-8. I do give you the homer of the year award for coming up with the best spin to show how these 2 teams have played even over the last umpteen years when the opposite is the truth. You have been hanging onto the Skyler Diggens era when ND did indeed out play UConn. But that stretch of games over 3 years is the exception in the rivalry, not typical at all.

I'd say that "I guess that explains that... :wink:" applies to you also.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/11/18 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
You have been hanging onto the Skyler Diggens era when ND did indeed out play UConn.

UConn beat ND even in the four-year Diggins era, 8-7.

I think it's quite possible that ND is overrated at #2 in the polls. An 18 point loss at home is quite a shellacking and should raise serious doubts about the team's quality.
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/12/18 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:
You have been hanging onto the Skyler Diggens era when ND did indeed out play UConn.

UConn beat ND even in the four-year Diggins era, 8-7.

I think it's quite possible that ND is overrated at #2 in the polls. An 18 point loss at home is quite a shellacking and should raise serious doubts about the team's quality.

depends on if you think UConn, playing as they did, would or wouldn't have given equally good/bad shellacking to any other team in the top five...

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: