RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NBA to Honor WNBA Legend & NBA Greats on MLK Day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/16/20 4:05 pm    ::: NBA to Honor WNBA Legend & NBA Greats on MLK Day Reply Reply with quote

Memphis Grizzlies to honor Sheryl Swoopes, Doug Williams, Robert Parish, Caron Butler as part of 18th Annual MLK Jr. Celebration Game on January 20 vs. Pelicans

Quote:
This year’s honorees of the 15th Annual National Civil Rights Museum Sports Legacy Award, presented by Ford and your Mid-South Ford Dealers, feature a star-studded lineup of NBA, WNBA and NFL greats: Sheryl Swoopes, Doug Williams, Robert Parish and Caron Butler. All will be honored during the MLK Jr. Celebration Day events, including the Earl Lloyd Sports Legacy Symposium, presented by the Hyde Family Foundation on January 20 at 2:30 p.m. The symposium will broadcast live on FOX Sports Southeast and recognize Swoopes, Williams, Parish and Butler for their dedicated and significant contributions to civil and human rights and for laying the foundation for future leaders through their career in sports in the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/memphis-grizzlies-to-honor-sheryl-swoopes-doug-williams-robert-parish-caron-butler-as-part-of-18th-annual-mlk-jr-celebration-game-on-january-20-vs-pelicans-200107

PostPosted: 01/21/20 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/21/20 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those shoes Sheryl!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/22/20 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sheryl Swoopes, very appreciative and honored for the recognition, was very candid on her thoughts on the Civil Rights Movement conversation and the impact Dr. King had on her life. "We all made sacrifices to be the best that we could be in our field, but to me, that's not a real sacrifice," Swoopes said. "What Doctor King did was a real sacrifice."

Caron Butler added, "Me and Sheryl we had a moment where we cried on the balcony where he was assassinated. It was a lot to take in at the time." Swoopes and Butler have a lot more in common than just basketball. The two sports legends are actually related and found out over this weekend. Caron Butler has known for years but his wife spilled the tea to Swoopes just yesterday. When Butler and Swoopes were asked how it feels to know they both have the same push to help others, Swoopes said, "It runs in the family. I can say that now."

https://www.prlog.org/12806837-wnba-legend-sheryl-swoopes-receives-sports-legacy-award-during-mlk-celebration.html

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: